#1 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -

So who has left GS? If this place goes well, I'm definitely staying. I saw MoldOnHold somewhere before and I think Renegade. I think Dreams and Bond are here too. Post here if you're from GS so I can add you as a friend.

#2 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

This place is going to be GameSpot 2.0, I can feel it.

#3 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

No, NO!

All the Fanboys from System Wars and Liberals and Wack jobs from OT

Great >.<

#4 Posted by LtColJaxson (1137 posts) -

I came here from Gamespot, but I still prefer the layout of gamespot more.

This site is very cluttered, too much STUFF.

#5 Posted by TanKLoveR (333 posts) -

@BlackWaterCO: U dont like OTers im one :'( why must u hate me lol.
I doubt i'll be leaving GS, i been there for almost 4 years i would still post there regularly.

#6 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -

I have... I got banned.

After 4 years of activity, the moderation really adds up... I've tried to be nice, I really have. But they yell at me for the littlest things.

I am a great community member. Most of the people I meet like me. I don't want trouble, just a new home that will respect me while I respect it.

#7 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

I'm from Gamespot. i'm known as SaintBlaze over there.

#8 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -

Relys said:

"I have... I got banned.

After 4 years of activity, the moderation really adds up... I've tried to be nice, I really have. But they yell at me for the littlest things.

I am a great community member. Most of the people I meet like me. I don't want trouble, just a new home that will respect me while I respect it.
"

Sounds like a plan Relys. This seems like it's gonna be the place to be now. They just need to add some better forum features like emotes and signatures.

#9 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -
BlackWaterCO said:
"No, NO!

Great >.<"
I share your pain.
#10 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2103 posts) -

I don't think I am leaving gamespot, but this is most defiantly going to be my new home~

#11 Posted by thelastguy (356 posts) -

I am from Gamespot
Username is the same as here

#12 Posted by pyromaniac (1703 posts) -
LtColJaxson said:
"I came here from Gamespot, but I still prefer the layout of gamespot more.

This site is very cluttered, too much STUFF."
Yeah I have to agree with you..then again I have been at gamespot for like 4 1/2 years now so I guess I am just kinda used to it. This site feels a lot like wikipedia though. On the other hand no mods = lots of fun haha. I am def. staying.
#13 Posted by SUPDUDELOL (13 posts) -

I'm only here to rip on ppl. But ya, I'm from GS.

#14 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -

fuck gamespot giany bomb is where its at. so ya im from gs

#15 Posted by DreamsVisions (353 posts) -

I'm sure 90% of day-1 users are from GameSpot or heard about this through GameSpot.

#16 Posted by NotaStalker (172 posts) -

I can't wait until Giant Bomb is the new hotbed for religious discussion!! :D

#17 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -
AndrewGaspar said:
"BlackWaterCO said:
"No, NO!

Great >.<"
I share your pain.
"

lol what a crew!
#18 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

I'm from GS, not going back either

#19 Posted by C_BozkurT_C (60 posts) -
CreamyGoodness said:
"fuck gamespot giany bomb is where its at. so ya im from gs"
I came over from Gamespot as well. same username.
#20 Posted by Kevin (369 posts) -

Ugh, religious debate. Everyone comes out a loser.

You can never convince those Christians... >.>

#21 Posted by Lemmywinks_360 (66 posts) -

:)

#22 Posted by Overrated_Hero (238 posts) -

I still post there...

#23 Posted by TrueManticore (4 posts) -

I am from gamespot, scoobiesnackarff over there.

#24 Posted by whoozwah (52 posts) -

I came over from GS. same name there as here, whoozwah. I'll prolly maintain both profiles until I get enough buds over here.

#25 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

I was from GS.

#26 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -
Lemmywinks_360 said:
":)"

Yep you're a SW regular but I don't remember most of these accept for MoldOnHold.
#27 Posted by TheRefinedPirate (13 posts) -

Came from GS, but you wouldn't recognize me..

#28 Posted by onemic (8 posts) -

I was from GS until Gerstmann-gate, then I left. I tried to bring some people with me, but you were all too weak!

#29 Posted by mattz (33 posts) -

I left GS quite some time ago, just couldn't stand the fanboys and kids any longer.

#30 Posted by grievous113 (30 posts) -

I still go to gamespot and leave blog and video posts, but will say that this is my new home. I prefer the staff here and respect them more as well.

My username at gamespot is: blackninja01 (I was very into ninja gaiden at the time)

#31 Edited by WINDWAKER1 (49 posts) -

I'm from gamespot too. The site sucks; people take it way too seriously.  and my username is the same.

#32 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
BlackWaterCO said:
"No, NO!

Great >.<"

Oh dear lord I hope that never happens!  But to answer the topic I am no longer going to use Gamespot.  Mainly because everyone I knew from it is here and everyone I used to know don't post there anymore
#33 Posted by DreamsVisions (353 posts) -

^ it's not the people that take GameSpot too seriously.  It's the staff.  It's damn near unprescidented in all of interwebz how they handle their site.

It's draconian and cold.  I've posted (or post) on several major sites...and none of them are as bi-polar, heavy-handed or non-sensical as GameSpot.  one of the few sites where you can post exceptionally for 5 years, then get banned for a week for saying that someone said something "idiotic". 

They can fly a damn kite on the moon.

#34 Posted by dabada (109 posts) -

I'm still a regular at Gamespot.

I've been reading Gamespot since 2000 and I've been a member there since 2002 (6 years).

My original username there was dabada, but I changed it to man_hammer. Man Hammer was a name that a friend of mine made up for me when I created a wrestler on WWE Smackdown! I had planned on changing my name back to dabada, but that feature was removed from the site. I wish I could change it back.

I still plan on staying regular at Gamespot. I consider it to be a good site. About 2004-2006 was my favorite years there. All of my favorite editors were there. Jeff, Greg, Carrie, Alex, Bob, Rich, Ryan, Brad, Vinnie, etc...  To tell you the truth...I miss those days.

Giantbomb is looking to be a great site. The Giantbombcast is absolutely awesome and it reminds me of the old Hotspot. I still support Tor and his efforts on the Hotspot.

I'm happy to be a part of the efforts of Jeff and Ryan (and now Brad and Vinnie). It's like being a part of history.

#35 Posted by LAMP (161 posts) -

I guess in a sense I'm coming from Gamespot, but I was never really active in the community there.

#36 Posted by BoldFusion (35 posts) -

I am from GS, but I'm not leaving it just yet.

#37 Posted by DASH (61 posts) -

If this board becomes a cess pool of Gamespot refugee posters I don't think I'm going to stick around very long.  For those of you saying, "Big loss there" sarcasticly, let me assure you that I am in fact totally rad.  I would make this forum completely awsome.  Just take my word for it, I don't have any proof of this right now.

#38 Posted by Juxiang (14 posts) -

From GS (Vampyronight there) and for now I'll be splitting my time. If these forums take off, and right now they're extremely nonsensical, then I'll probably move over here more permanently.

#39 Posted by BlackCurtain (60 posts) -

I came from gamespot too I guess, although I've been completely apathetic to the site after Jeff got fired, for some reason.

#40 Posted by raahsnavj (43 posts) -

I showed up from GS. same username. Hopefully this catches on and gets going seeming gamespot was becoming fairly... stale.

#41 Posted by Casual (22 posts) -

go back to GS, leave this forum for people worth a shit.

#42 Posted by MechaKirby (195 posts) -

Disco dance party explosion!

#43 Posted by Exit (13 posts) -

I only used to go there to make wishlists and things... that's it.

#44 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -
DreamsVisions said:
"^ it's not the people that take GameSpot too seriously.  It's the staff.  It's damn near unprescidented in all of interwebz how they handle their site.

It's draconian and cold.  I've posted (or post) on several major sites...and none of them are as bi-polar, heavy-handed or non-sensical as GameSpot.  one of the few sites where you can post exceptionally for 5 years, then get banned for a week for saying that someone said something "idiotic". 

They can fly a damn kite on the moon.
"
You gonna stay here dreams? What about Bond? It just wouldn't be the same without those gold ol' gifs =D
#45 Posted by DreamsVisions (353 posts) -

I'm sure the familiar faces will be around :-)