• 146 results
#1 Edited by MattyFTM (14393 posts) -
I just took this screenshot on gamespots OT: http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5916/giantbombto3.jpg (can't get GB's image thing to work, so I'll just post an imageshack link)

caption

EDIT: Got the image thingy working
#2 Posted by Yunvon (122 posts) -

haha, ya I saw all of those and maybe posted something in each.

#3 Posted by elliooo (293 posts) -

Haha, that's good shit. I guess now its really obvious how many gamespot users had been watching the bomb, waiting for it to explode. And I'd say most of them are going to be extremely happy with what they find in its wake.

#4 Posted by svcheats1 (141 posts) -

That's very, very, very funny. :D

BTW dont add emoticons, text is funnier.

>:U

#5 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

haha, that's awesome.

#6 Posted by kratos (208 posts) -

well since there is more classic gamespot editorial staff here than at gamespot it isn't a surprise.

#7 Posted by NinjaMunkey (204 posts) -

I actually found out the site is now up from gamespot!!!!
I can imagine loads of people are going to ditch the forums there and go here instead.

#8 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

Haha that's awesome - I wonder how the mods there are going to react to that - I didn't frequent the GS forums, do they allow mention of competing sites?

#9 Posted by Yunvon (122 posts) -
svcheats1 said:
"That's very, very, very funny. :D

BTW dont add emoticons, text is funnier.

>:U
"
No dude!  I can't understand half the stuff people draw then!
#10 Posted by SarazinRuin (157 posts) -

This place is way better.

#11 Posted by Shadow (4981 posts) -

I've been shying away from Gamespot lately....in favor of NeoGaf.....dear god what have I been doing?

#12 Posted by McPlated (132 posts) -

Oh dear more pre-teen internet tough guys with Naruto avatars - not good, yo

#13 Posted by calf_exercises (858 posts) -

well, i bet CNET is really pissed off right about now

#14 Posted by AtomicEdge (309 posts) -

Can I just advise people to not go spamming Gamespot with Giant Bomb threads? The forums on Gamespot have always had a very low caliber of user and I would love it if Giant Bomb could actually keep an average age (or at least mental age) of over 18 for as long as possible. The fact that it doesn't have Game in the title may be enough to keep 13 year old from finding it on google, and that would be fantastic.

Better idea. Charge $10 for the ability to post on the forums. That would be FANTASTIC. See Something Awful for a good example.

#15 Posted by lettuceman44 (109 posts) -
AtomicEdge said:
"Can I just advise people to not go spamming Gamespot with Giant Bomb threads? The forums on Gamespot have always had a very low caliber of user and I would love it if Giant Bomb could actually keep an average age (or at least mental age) of over 18 for as long as possible. The fact that it doesn't have Game in the title may be enough to keep 13 year old from finding it on google, and that would be fantastic.

Better idea. Charge $10 for the ability to post on the forums. That would be FANTASTIC. See Something Awful for a good example.
"
Well good luck with keeping that mentality lol.  We already got an official swear thread, 50 gamespot threads, and a bunch of other random stuff.
#16 Posted by Farmer (328 posts) -
AtomicEdge said:
"Can I just advise people to not go spamming Gamespot with Giant Bomb threads? The forums on Gamespot have always had a very low caliber of user and I would love it if Giant Bomb could actually keep an average age (or at least mental age) of over 18 for as long as possible. The fact that it doesn't have Game in the title may be enough to keep 13 year old from finding it on google, and that would be fantastic.

Better idea. Charge $10 for the ability to post on the forums. That would be FANTASTIC. See Something Awful for a good example."

Completely agreed. I'm thoroughly impressed that everybody here, so far, uses correct grammar. I'd like it to stay that way, and not have a flood of System Wars users.

#17 Posted by Hilit (43 posts) -

Hell Yeah!!!

The Future is Now!!!

#18 Posted by roylink (131 posts) -

Well this place is way better then Gamespot. 

#19 Posted by AriekeN (13 posts) -

Giantbomb > Gamespot  =O

#20 Posted by lettuceman44 (109 posts) -
roylink said:
"Well this place is way better then Gamespot. "
Eh, I wouldn't go that far in my opinion.
I like this place, but it will never really be a  Gamespot to me. Some parts of the community are already giving me bad impressions. 
#21 Posted by Aviar (441 posts) -

That's awesome!

#22 Posted by zeus_gb (595 posts) -

Jeff, Ryan, Brad and Vinny are very popular people so it's to be expected.

#23 Posted by Twitchy (12 posts) -

Yeah way better then gamespot and maybe the other ones to when they get everything they need and some.

#24 Posted by Will1Lucky (408 posts) -

Only a matter of time before one massive burst of people arrives I guess.

#25 Posted by Raspberry (63 posts) -

Free adds I guess :P

#26 Posted by Abunai (147 posts) -

I prefer this site to gamespot already <:

#27 Posted by treefity350 (41 posts) -

Thats sychronisity between sites right there. I dunno I feel like has more community than Gamespot. Lets not talk about is, gamespot is a dirty secret.

#28 Posted by Garfield360UK (453 posts) -

As long as the layout gets some tweaks and unions added *cough* unions 2.0 I hope ;) *cough* then I am happy to switch my allegence to here, also having other gamespot members here helps.

#29 Posted by IndieBoy (109 posts) -

This site much better, so it deserves it. To me GB is the spiritual successor to the gamespot days of old.

#30 Posted by IndieBoy (109 posts) -

This site much better, so it deserves it. To me GB is the spiritual successor to the gamespot days of old.

#31 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -

They've stopped locking threads about Giantbomb and have just started deleting them outright.

#32 Posted by Lairdo (543 posts) -

I like this place, id even say it were better than GS if not for the picture sizes >__>

#33 Posted by Tiago (92 posts) -

Haha. They're all getting locked now.

#34 Posted by lettuceman44 (109 posts) -
Tiago said:
"Haha. They're all getting locked now.
"
If you have like 20 of them at the same time, it is bound to be locked lol.
#35 Posted by Lilja (128 posts) -

Funny :D

#36 Posted by Dutch (15 posts) -

#37 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -
McPlated said:
"Oh dear more pre-teen internet tough guys with Naruto avatars - not good, yo
"

You grab the Shot gun, I'll grab the spellbook.

#38 Posted by Caddy (308 posts) -

I have already seen a high number of GameSpot users over here, which was to be expected. :)

#39 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

Gamespot is to be forgotten!

Giant bomb all the way

#40 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

let gamespot burn, this site kicks gamespot in the ass.

#41 Posted by Scizorz (60 posts) -

Ive switched, i was always a fan of jeff gerstmann, ryan and brads reviews and i love vinny doing camera and podcasts so this is like the next big gaming website i want to be a part off,

#42 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -

well, it is the second coming after all of the True Gamespot

#43 Posted by Toby (13 posts) -

Why wouldn't you go crazy over Giant Bomb?

#44 Posted by Nude_Dude (1076 posts) -

Wow my name in a screenshot
*is complete*

#45 Posted by Cheeg (3 posts) -

Lol pretty crazy! I'm still gonna use GS but I shall be on here too :D

#46 Posted by Jared (557 posts) -

I think people are ready to try something new, plus many people (including myself) left Gamespot as the people who made Gamespot a great place to visit at one time are now here.

#47 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -

All Giantbomb needs now is unions.

#48 Posted by Battery_Dennis (7 posts) -

Gamespot is like the house we used to live in, we drive by and remeber the good times but our family is here at the new place.

#49 Posted by dillonator (145 posts) -

You know, I could give eight tenths of a shit what Gamespot does.  They made their bed of money in the short term, now hopefully lost bandwidth and user revenue will show the gaming press how erroneous it is to spread your cheeks for the man.

#50 Posted by Sega_Eat_My_Console (6 posts) -

Not been to gamespot since about december last year...but i guess the forums over there are gonna get real quite like, pretty soon :)