GameSpot regrets?

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

Edited By Rodent

I wonder if GameSpot regrets letting Jeff Gerstmann go?

Today I was listening to the GiantBomb Cast, which is probably my favorite gaming podcast now that 1UP Yours/Listen Up is gone (BombCast used to be close second) and I was laughing my ass off at the antics of hosts Jeff Gerstmann, Ryan Davis, Brad ShoeMaker, and Vinny Caravella and it got me thinking: I wonder if GameSpot is kicking itself for losing such talent?

Okay it may be the case that the evil overlord CNET might not notice his absence. More than likely due to their lack of knowledge of what Gerstman brought to the table. But GameSpot itself has got to be still feeling Jeff's lack of contribution to that website/podcast. Afterall he was the Editorial Director.

Think about it. When GS let Gerstman go he went off and created not only a kickass podcast (originally named Arrow Pointing Down) but also a kick ass website in GiantBomb.com. And those two properties, IMO, outshine those offered by GameSpot.

But the loss of talent from GameSpot didn't stop with Jeff. No, no, no.

Shortly after leaving GS, Mr.Gerstman was joined by the very witty and knowledgeable Ryan Davis. Then after that the deep voiced Bradley ShoeMaker and My Cousin Vinny Caravella joined the Bombcast team. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Sure those are only four guys. Four guys that GameSpot and CNET probably thought that they could easily replace. But I personally don't think guys like this come around all the time. And I would imagine that finding replacements for them proved to be a tough, if not impossible proposition.

Not only are these four fellows entertaining and witty on their weekly podcast, they are arguably some of the most knowledgeable media/industry types around.

Like Man God Shane Bettenhausen,Dan Hsu, Jon Davison, Garnet Lee, Victor Lucas (I could go on with a few more from 1UP here but I won't...yes I know that Mr. Lucas isn't from 1UP) the cast at GiantBomb has a vast knowledge of not only current games and goings on, they also have a long history in the gaming industry. And with that history is something called experience and experience is something that cannot be found by looking from someone off the street. Which is probably where GS had to turn.

And call me crazy, but if I was running a website or if I was an evil overlord that owned a gaming site, I would want people who know the industry inside and out. And that's why I wonder if CNET/GameSpot are still kicking themselves about the whole "Gerstman Gate"?

Now that Listen Up is gone there are very little podcasts left out there (that I listen to anyway) that have the presence that the BombCast and it's hosts have.

When you listen to those guys you can hear how well they work together. How well they know each other, and how well they mesh together. Honestly, listening to the Bombcast each week is a complete joy, and Tuesdays can't come soon enough...and unfortunately I can't say that about the HotSpot.

Actually GameSpot's the HotSpot was one of the podcasts that I recently had to cut out of my weekly podcast rotation. And in all honesty it was due to the lack of personality that Jeff, Ryan, Brad and Vinnie brought.  

Sure I'm only one guy. But I can't be the only person that unsubsrcibed to the HotSpot ( I stopped listening this past May I believe it was) after Jeff and company left. Then after leaving that podcast I naturally started visiting GiantBomb more and more...and I'd be willing to bet there are more like me. Those who used to hang out in GameSpots backyard because some of the cool kids were there. And now that those kids have moved on...I did too.

So that brings me back around to my question that popped up today while listening to the Bombcast.

Do you think GameSpot regrets letting Jeff Gerstman go?     

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Rodent

I wonder if GameSpot regrets letting Jeff Gerstmann go?

Today I was listening to the GiantBomb Cast, which is probably my favorite gaming podcast now that 1UP Yours/Listen Up is gone (BombCast used to be close second) and I was laughing my ass off at the antics of hosts Jeff Gerstmann, Ryan Davis, Brad ShoeMaker, and Vinny Caravella and it got me thinking: I wonder if GameSpot is kicking itself for losing such talent?

Okay it may be the case that the evil overlord CNET might not notice his absence. More than likely due to their lack of knowledge of what Gerstman brought to the table. But GameSpot itself has got to be still feeling Jeff's lack of contribution to that website/podcast. Afterall he was the Editorial Director.

Think about it. When GS let Gerstman go he went off and created not only a kickass podcast (originally named Arrow Pointing Down) but also a kick ass website in GiantBomb.com. And those two properties, IMO, outshine those offered by GameSpot.

But the loss of talent from GameSpot didn't stop with Jeff. No, no, no.

Shortly after leaving GS, Mr.Gerstman was joined by the very witty and knowledgeable Ryan Davis. Then after that the deep voiced Bradley ShoeMaker and My Cousin Vinny Caravella joined the Bombcast team. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Sure those are only four guys. Four guys that GameSpot and CNET probably thought that they could easily replace. But I personally don't think guys like this come around all the time. And I would imagine that finding replacements for them proved to be a tough, if not impossible proposition.

Not only are these four fellows entertaining and witty on their weekly podcast, they are arguably some of the most knowledgeable media/industry types around.

Like Man God Shane Bettenhausen,Dan Hsu, Jon Davison, Garnet Lee, Victor Lucas (I could go on with a few more from 1UP here but I won't...yes I know that Mr. Lucas isn't from 1UP) the cast at GiantBomb has a vast knowledge of not only current games and goings on, they also have a long history in the gaming industry. And with that history is something called experience and experience is something that cannot be found by looking from someone off the street. Which is probably where GS had to turn.

And call me crazy, but if I was running a website or if I was an evil overlord that owned a gaming site, I would want people who know the industry inside and out. And that's why I wonder if CNET/GameSpot are still kicking themselves about the whole "Gerstman Gate"?

Now that Listen Up is gone there are very little podcasts left out there (that I listen to anyway) that have the presence that the BombCast and it's hosts have.

When you listen to those guys you can hear how well they work together. How well they know each other, and how well they mesh together. Honestly, listening to the Bombcast each week is a complete joy, and Tuesdays can't come soon enough...and unfortunately I can't say that about the HotSpot.

Actually GameSpot's the HotSpot was one of the podcasts that I recently had to cut out of my weekly podcast rotation. And in all honesty it was due to the lack of personality that Jeff, Ryan, Brad and Vinnie brought.  

Sure I'm only one guy. But I can't be the only person that unsubsrcibed to the HotSpot ( I stopped listening this past May I believe it was) after Jeff and company left. Then after leaving that podcast I naturally started visiting GiantBomb more and more...and I'd be willing to bet there are more like me. Those who used to hang out in GameSpots backyard because some of the cool kids were there. And now that those kids have moved on...I did too.

So that brings me back around to my question that popped up today while listening to the Bombcast.

Do you think GameSpot regrets letting Jeff Gerstman go?     

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rodent

Damn. 

Brad's in that pic, though it looks like he got cut off.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Since Jeff left and a ton of other shit went down, Gamespot will never be what it was, I used to love the place and trust every review until that went on and ever since it just doesn't feel the same, about 2 days ago they pulled down the Modern Warfare 2 review which was an 8.5 and was bumped up to 9.0, so I see there still a sketchy website and cannot stand there ground on what the reviewer believed, I wonder how much Activision paid them.

I'm 100% glad I switched to Giantbomb and still visit Gamespot and I'm almost sure they regret letting him go, look what happened to the place, it's a mess. 

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rodent
@Bucketdeth:
Wow they pulled down the MW2 review and then bumped it up? 

How did they try to cover their asses?
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By sweep  Moderator

this picture is photoshop gold. Fucking GOLD!!!

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rodent
@Sweep:
Is Brad's pic showing up on your screen?
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Sweep: 

Especially Brad. Anybody else thinking he'd fit into The Shining perfectly :P?
apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By apathylad
@Rodent said:
" @Bucketdeth: Wow they pulled down the MW2 review and then bumped it up?  How did they try to cover their asses? "
I'm not sure if that was the intent. The PC version received a 8.5, but the 360 and PS3 received a 9.0.
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MKHavoc

I doubt they regret firing him since there's still a ton of people that visit Gamespot regularly and might not even know who he is.  Sure, the website might have lost some respect among the gaming community, but for people that don't follow the industry as closely as we do, Gamespot might be one of the only gaming related sites they visit at all. What really matters to Gamespot and its parent company is page views and they haven't lost that so they're probably not crying over the few thousand people that made the jump to Giant Bomb.

PS: I really hope this doesn't turn into a Gamespot bashing thread.

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rodent
@Apathylad: 

Maybe it was a simple case of miss marking the correct version of the game then?
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By jakob187
@Rodent said:
" @Bucketdeth: Wow they pulled down the MW2 review and then bumped it up?  How did they try to cover their asses? "
Lark Anderson's direct comment to me was that the review that GameSpot posted for MW2 was at 8:24 PT on Nov. 11th with a 9.0 rating.  I decided to drop it, as the PC version IS rated at 8.5, and I'm sure any further pushing on the subject would lead to "well, you might've only seen the PC version"...though I know that I didn't.
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MKHavoc
@Rodent: The reason you can't see Brad is because this website stretches to fit your resolution.  If you're using firefox, just hold ctrl and press - to see the whole thing.
Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Reuben

I'm the same as you, I stopped listening to the HotSpot. Giantbomb Cast is easily my favourite podcast these days and as for trying to cover their asses about MW2. I don't think they tried to lol

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rodent
@MKHavoc:
Unfortunately you can't bring up Jeff and GameSpot in the same setence and hope to totally avoid GS bashing. 
But I would hope that that would be in the past and we as gamers (as I'm sure Jeff has) could have a conversation about my blog topic without it becoming a f* GS thread. 

I just wanna know how others feel on the topic I blogged about plain and simple. 
Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rodent
@MKHavoc:
No I'm not using FireFox, but I guess I don't need it to remember what Mr. ShoeMaker looks like. 
:)
Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Adamantium

GiantBomb... the website for gamers who know better.  :)

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rodent
@Adamantium said:
"GiantBomb... the website for gamers.  :) "

Fixed. 
:)
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Absurd

Wow, This is the first time I notice that the shirt Jeff is wearing in the picture with the staff is the same as the one in the comic.

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rodent
@Absurd: 

LoL. Yeah it pretty much is!
Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Adamantium
@Rodent said:
" @Adamantium said:
"GiantBomb... the website for gamers.  :) "
Fixed. :) "
LOLZ, I'm all for it!
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By ajamafalous
@Absurd said:
" Wow, This is the first time I notice that the shirt Jeff is wearing in the picture with the staff is the same as the one in the comic. "
Mind = blown.
doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By doe3879

Gamespot showed me the face of gaming journalism.  It was my favorite website back when I was in high school.
IMO, things started going downhill when Grag and GAMECOP (forgot his name >.>) left.  Things just seem more related to TV shows style afterward.
and ofcuz the biggest RED button was Jeff getting fired, I still visit the site maybe once a week to see what's going on.
and Alex leaving was the final nail to the Gamespot coffin in my heart.  Haven't gone there ever since... well maybe once or twice a year just to sigh at it

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Spike94

You're new here, aren't you? *checks # of posts* thought so. Welcome! Nice thread.
And yes,  I do believe they have been pulling their hair out for years now after the, as I personally dub it, "Gertsmann Incident". I don't think of ever hearig of any gaming site losing as many employees at once by their own will then after all that went down. Rather needless to say, it seems everyone has moved on to better things. And GiantBomb. Ya know. An amazing website. 
But I too, like most of us if not all, loved GameSpot before the ugly happened. Darn CNET...ah well. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise...? Seems that way. 
Anyways, once again, good thread.
Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rodent
@doe3879:

Honestly I occasionally still go to GS, but mostly that's for checking out their users' FAQ and walkthroughs. 

Other than that I stick with 1UP, GiantBomb, Kotaku, and a little sprinkling of IGN for good measure.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25  Edited By Geno

If you mean GS corporate, I think they only regret it a little bit. GS is a pretty established site, and  a lot of casual gamers still go there for VG news (the sad fact is they probably outnumber the hardcore gamers by an order of magnitude). GS's site rating on Alexa and Compete went down a bit after Jeff left, but at the moment it's still pretty much on par with IGN, with IGN slowly surpassing. The current trend could be due to many things though, including GS's current rather lame staff. 

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rodent
@Spike94: 

I certainly think it was a blessing in disguise. Not only do the boys get to do their thing the way they want to, but we as users of the site and listeners of the 'Cast get the honesty from them that perhaps CNET and GS frowned upon. 

Thanks for the kind words, and yeah I am pretty new to posting around here, but I usually come in and look around or 'lurk' if you will. 

Reason being when I get home from work my 4yr old and 1yr old demand most of my free time.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By Willy105

CNET no longer owns Gamespot, CBS does.

But Gamespot has new people there now, but they are as generic as they come.

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rodent
@Willy105:
Oh yeah I totally forgot that CBS now has them.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By damnboyadvance

Since they all left, I stopped listening to The Hotspot. It's a crappy podcast now. There is no talent in it. As for the editors, a few aren't bad. But now I despise Aaron Thomas because his blog is just completely plagiarized, or so I've seen in my few visits to Gamespot. I frown upon Gamespot right now. They might not of wanted the Gerstmann Gate to happen, but they could of made a better attempt at finding new editors. And right now, I frown upon Gamespot and CNET for not realizing the mistake in all of this.

I've found refuge, you could say, in Giant Bomb. It's podcast is filled with talent. It's long, which is great. The editors actually know all of their games, not just the ones being discussed. And the site? Well, it's pretty damn good.

Gamespot certainly might regret letting Jeff go, even if it was CNET Networks that let him go. But they need to at least acknowledge that at some point.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By FlipperDesert
@Bucketdeth said:
" Since Jeff left and a ton of other shit went down, Gamespot will never be what it was, I used to love the place and trust every review until that went on and ever since it just doesn't feel the same, about 2 days ago they pulled down the Modern Warfare 2 review which was an 8.5 and was bumped up to 9.0, so I see there still a sketchy website and cannot stand there ground on what the reviewer believed, I wonder how much Activision paid them. I'm 100% glad I switched to Giantbomb and still visit Gamespot and I'm almost sure they regret letting him go, look what happened to the place, it's a mess.  "
Actually, the PC version is scored 8.5, the others are 9 because the private server thing is a minus point in the PC review, they were done seperately.

I think we've gotten past the Gamespot thing a while ago, it's still a perfectly fine site to go to, though I haven't got much need to go outside of GB for news and such.
Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rodent
@Geno:
Any idea of who'd hosting the HotSpot nowadays? 

One of the main reasons that I stopped listening to the HS was due to the fact that there was just no personality that came from that podcast. 

Unlike the personality that literally oozes from the BombCast. If I'm gonna invest 2hrs plus to listen to a 'cast, I want it to be worth my time. 

And , IMO, I get that in spades with the GB Cast. In fact I'll play certain segments for my wife from time to time and we'll laugh our asses off.
Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kohe321

They should, after Jeff was fired is went downhill... quickly.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By tebbit

I think you guys are being a little harsh, there are still some good personalities there in modern times. Brian Ekberg, Justin Calvert (maker of the worlds greatest Red Bull logo in Forza 3), Tom McShea, Brendan Sinclair's a decent host for the Hotspot (even though I personally prefer the Vinny / Rich Gallup days), Kevin Van Ord. All these people are interesting and pretty funny, some of the best podcasts i've listened to recently consisted of some combination of those people. 

I know it's all that Jazz to continue to hate Gamespot, but regardless of what you crazies are speculating in your tinfoil hat production facilities, their reviews are still excellent and well written. And their event coverage is second to none. The only thing I really miss is some of their crazier video features (You say Button... etc), but thats what Giant Bomb is for, right? Thats my thoughts on the matter.

Alphonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Alphonzo

This is just a superiorly designed, friendlier and more welcoming site.  As much as it sucks that Jeff got fired from his old job, I'm glad this site exists.  Gamespt, IGN: too big, too devoid of personality

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rodent
@damnboyadvance:
I don't think you'll ever see any sort of acknowledgement or admitting they were wrong. 

I was talking to Sam Kennedy from 1UP last night and he said " the unfortunate reality is that it's often easier to make money in this business when you're not giving honest criticisms of games". 

Basically at the time this whole thing went down CNET and GS wanted their reviewers to be less critical in their reviews in order to attract more advertising dollars. 

So if they admitted to that publicly you could imgine that response that would get across the industry. 

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By Heartagram

In all honestly i had never really heard of jeff or ryan until i saw one of them on X-play talking about his recent "Job Loss".  
I heard him mention arrow pointing down so i went there listened to the first 3 podcasts within 2 days and have been hooked ever since.  

Even when it was just the 2 of them i could tell this would become my favorite gaming site.  

Once i heard the sexy sultry sounds of Bradly and vincent then the true beast was born...THE BOMBCAST.

I respect thier opinions so much when it comes to games that i pretty much have to at least rent anything they give a favorable review to.  

Although in the beginning i hated the idea of them getting fired for giving a game a bad review in the end i love it because it brought on what is in my opinion the best gaming website there is. 

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By bacongames
@Alphonzo said:
" This is just a superiorly designed, friendlier and more welcoming site.  As much as it sucks that Jeff got fired from his old job, I'm glad this site exists.  Gamespt, IGN: too big, too devoid of personality "
I very much disagree.  If you stick to the website and don't go to any of their features, sure I can see that.  However, if you do, I see just as much personality as I do here.  It just happens that the percentage of the content is more personal like QL's and such.

I still love GameSpot and Giant Bomb equally and I see no good reason to bag on GameSpot.  They are still a great site and both are different enough that they scratch unique itches.

Oh and for the people who don't know the curret HotSpot host is Brenden Sinclair.  Their guests each week rotate between Kevin Van Ord, Tom McShea, Tom Magrino, Lark Anderson, Chris Watters, Sophia Tong, Ricardo Torres, Shaun McInnis, and Justin Calvert.   My favorite podcast changes each week between the HotSpot and the BombCast and both offer different enough features that they rarely overlap.  It's also a treat when they do because then you can see the differing perspectives.

It's sad that all people know or care about GameSpot these days is all the old staff that isn't there anymore either due to Jeff's fallout, or with individuals choosing to move on at various times (Rich Gallup, Carrie Gouskos, Greg Kasavin, Alex Navarro and few more).  Frankly i can never see myself visiting any other site besides GB and GS. 
Weatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Weatherman

You can tell why Gamespot is not as good as GiantBomb just by watching the New Super Mario Bros. Wii Quick look that got posted a few days ago.
The GiantBomb crew , judging by that quick look , is having fun and making fun of each other, while playing the game :P  
you can't get that kind of comedy on gamespot :P
GB has a lot of personality , while GS does not X_X

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Rodent
@Alphonzo:
There are some pretty good guys at IGN. Greg Miller tops that list for me though.
bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By bacongames
@Weatherman said:
" You can tell why Gamespot is not as good as GiantBomb just by watching the New Super Mario Bros. Wii Quick look that got posted a few days ago. The GiantBomb crew , judging by that quick look , is having fun and making fun of each other, while playing the game :P   you can't get that kind of comedy on gamespot :P GB has a lot of personality , while GS does not X_X "
Based off of one QL, you're going to make a blanket statement like that?  

I get the impression that being already on GB, you've actually invested an effort to find the meat in the site.  I hazard to guess that you haven't for GameSpot, am I wrong?
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It probably hasn't made a lot of difference to GameSpot/Cnet. Gamespot is still one of the biggest video game websites in the world. Losing the talent of Jeff & co really won't have made a huge difference to them. Most people who visit gamespot either didn't know who Jeff Gerstman was, or knew him as "That dude from On The Spot" or "That dude that wrote a review". The Hardcore following was only a very small percentage of visitors, and their revenue loss from lost hits will be extremely small.

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rodent
@Tuffgong:
Well maybe I'll check out the HotSpot again once I'm caught up on a few more of my podcasts here in the coming weeks.
Weatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Weatherman
@Tuffgong: 

Well no ...the quick look was just one example.
If you listen to the bombcast, the guys crack jokes, don't take anything too seriously and just generally have fun. 
And I've tried going back to gamespot and really make and effort to like the things they' re doing , but...eeh.
The new " on the spot"  is boring. The hosts just don't seem comfortable in front of a camera. The whole show just seems awkward and forced.
Like, they're scared to screw up or something , so they just want to get all the info out and move on. That's the impression i get.
Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rodent
@MattyFTM:
Hmmm... That's certainly a possibility. 

I would love to know.
eag67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By eag67

I go to GS only to see old episodes of OTS with Rich and Jeff and Ryan. Other than that I hardly go there anymore. GB is my home now for all things video games. These guys know there stuff plus they give us what we want. I only wished that Alex had came here also.
02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By 02sfraser

i would say yes. i don't like gamespot anymore and the only game podcast i listen to is Bombcast and IGN UK. i think Bombcast is brilliant and Gamespot can never live down what they did.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Do you have any idea how much I would pay for proof that he got fired for the Kane and Lynch review??? As in to hear it coming from Jeff's mouth?

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Rodent
@Emandudeguyperson:
Well from what Sam Kennedy said to me CNET and GS were changing review policies in order to attract more money and Jeff's honesty in his reviews weren't fitting in anymore. 

Personally I highly doubt Jeff will ever come right out and tell us...and he doesn't need to. 

Sure I'd love to know, but when it all boils down to it, what happened is between Jeff and those at CNET/GS. 

And I'm cool with that.  I'm just happy he didn't throw in the towel and straight up leave this industry. We all would have suffered then. 

That's just my opinion.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#49  Edited By xyzygy

Are you really Vinny's cousin?

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rodent
@xyzygy:
I really can't say. 

But I can say this, keep listening to the BombCast where you may or may not find your answer. 

Hope that helps?