• 64 results
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

I have just been watching OTS, otherwise known as "Oh That Shit" now, primarily because I wanted to see if they showed that game, which they did not, O surprise.  They did in truth also have a cool line up, well on paper at least, - Mirrors Edge, Resistance 2, Penny Arc A 2.

Well anyway, I was watching the tail end of the show when it dawned on me that Resistance 2 had clearly been dropped. Ok, that's a fail I thought, so what does Gamespot fill this apparent void with?, another epic fail lol.

Gamespot showed a five minute cooking feature that has fuck all to do with any game on the evidence of what was shown.  For five whole minutes viewers had to endure some French developer guy with a particularly annoying English accent showing viewers how to make a fucking Rollbraten!

As seen on Gamespot.com
As seen on Gamespot.com
Cringe worthy stuff, I cannot stress that enough!, lol, I could not even manage a lol which is a rarity with me.

Did anyone else here watch this bizarre spectacle also?

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

i wish i did and i think i will now :P 

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jayge_
That deserves an epic facepalm. Also, we told you so :-)
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb

Why do people still subscribe to Gamespot?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Milkman

What do you mean "that game"?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jayge_
Milkman said:
"What do you mean "that game"?"
The Japanese bikini zombie killer game that they said they'd show this week.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks
As seen on Gamespot.com
As seen on Gamespot.com
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By brukaoru
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayge_
Linkyshinks said:
"
This was the dish featured on Gamespot lol
This was the dish featured on Gamespot lol
"
That is straight fucking NASTY.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Milkman
brukaoru said:
"Milkman said:
"What do you mean "that game"?"
Here's the thread. Have fun."
Oh, right. By the way....WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING?! DOES IT HAVE A MOUTH?! JESUS CHRIST!
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By brukaoru

What the crap is that? Is that a disguised headcrab?!

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PureRok

Run away!

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By albedos_shadow
Jayge said:
"
"
Seconded.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Linkyshinks

lol, that is a Rollbratten but it's one made with Pork and Apple I reckon. The one made on the show was made of veal, It did look better, well darker.

I don't wish to sound like I am beating down on the site but when you bare witness to crap like that on the show you have to say something, When I saw it I became fully aware that it's not only the Rollebratten that is stuffed.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DualReaver

I'm not sure why but that picture scares the hell out of me.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BiggerBomb
DualReaver said:
"I'm not sure why but that picture scares the hell out of me."

It looks like your mo-

You know what, too easy. Nevermind,
Cogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Cogito
albedos_shadow said:
"Jayge said:
"
"
Seconded."
Guys stop stealing my profile pic, actually if it's for stuff like this go ahead, Thirded. Epic Facepalm
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Dalai
Linkyshinks said:
"
As seen on Gamespot.com
As seen on Gamespot.com
"
It looks angry.
clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By clubsandwich
Linkyshinks said:
"
As seen on Gamespot.com
As seen on Gamespot.com
"
raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee D: what the fuck is that thing?
ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By ThomasP

Please, no more quoting of that disturbing image. :(

Some dev should make a Rollbratten for a boss fight. That would blow my mind.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hamz

Seriously...stop the Gamespot hate, Resistance 2 was dropped due to an issue with the tech.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Linkyshinks
Hamz said:
"Seriously...stop the Gamespot hate, Resistance 2 was dropped due to an issue with the tech."

Hamz, I can assure you I have not started this thread to to that, in fact I say so pretty much above.

That may well be true but it still does not eliminate the fact that they filled with a Rollerbratten lol. It's like having a games show here in the UK that 's going to show whatever game demo and then replacing it with "How to make a Haggis". It's bizarre Hamz and I fail to see how anyone can make excuses for it.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DualReaver

I think Hamz's honor is sub-par.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pibo47

Hamz is awesome. But that assholes poped Jeff, screw then besides Van Ord and Cocker.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Colonel_Cool
clubsandwich said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"
As seen on Gamespot.com
As seen on Gamespot.com
"
raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee D: what the fuck is that thing?"
It looks like a humongous piece of ham with pineapple in it.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Hamz said:
"Seriously...stop the Gamespot hate, Resistance 2 was dropped due to an issue with the tech."

But it's a shitty site.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By mike

I would normally close anti-GS threads but god damn...that show has truly jumped the shark and there is probably no going back.  Unbelievable.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Milkman

I don't know about you guys but this seems like exactly the kind of thing that Giant Bomb would do. And it would be hilarious. Seems there's a bit of a double standard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, really. Apples and cow do not go together. That should be chunks of potato. Also don't think the meat is seasoned enough.

EDIT:
Or is that ham?

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30  Edited By albedos_shadow
MB said:
"I would normally close anti-GS threads but god damn...that show has truly jumped the shark and there is probably no going back.  Unbelievable."
Jumped the Rollbratten?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it is pork. There should be pineapples and shit stuck to the sides. Regular apples just aren't good on meat, imo.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Linkyshinks
MB said:
"I would normally close anti-GS threads but god damn...that show has truly jumped the shark and there is probably no going back.  Unbelievable."

Yeah right, lol.

You really have to see it to believe it MB, it really was train wreck stuff, someone in charge there is doing something very wrong, it has to be said,

The powers that be are going to make gamers dislike certain people even more if they get them to do retarded features as the one shown on tonights show. It was meant to be funny, I saw that for the first second or two, but then the fun stopped when you realised the next part of the show would genuinely devoted to the cooking of a Rollerbratten. I have never seen anything like it on videogame show like OTS, and considering the zany stuff they have had on the show in the past that's saying something.

Unbelievable

Indeed..

EDIT:

Milkman, I see where your coming from but Giant Bomb is incapable of such dire crap, this was not funny, there was no slant, there was no witty interplay, just bemusement from all that watched it.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33  Edited By Cube
Bellum said:
"Yeah, it is pork. There should be pineapples and shit stuck to the sides. Regular apples just aren't good on meat, imo."
Apple and Pork makes sense though, it's pretty staple.

Similar to mint and lamb.
JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By JDUB_XL

Gamespot has been dead to me for a long time. No disrespect for a lot of the fine employees that are still there though. It just does not feel the same. Giant Bomb is the future.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Linkyshinks

The Gamespot staff member responsible for the feature contacted me via PM on the matter

TracyP [G]

Hi there I read all the comments and on today's show, yours had a real point.  I mostly ignore those without points.  First, let me say I highly recommend you try the recipe, it's awesome. (lol, oblivious)  Second, we had hoped to talk more about the game, but in the end, there wasn't much said about the game during the cooking and it was hard to mix more in ( there was fuck all about the game during this nonsensical segment and that's exactly what pissed me off).  I had hoped it would be interesting to viewers to see what developers are like, with the added bonus of the food tips. (good grief)  I definitely think it was an odd fit and thank you for your opinion.   -********- .... I love to see where we can improve and create a show that is more inclusive to the most viewers. Keep on watching and certainly watch next week, the Halloween special is going to be awesome.

He is curious to know why he detected some hostility in my posts and why I made one particular comment. What should I tell him I wonder?, perhaps I should take this opportunity to tell him the truth, why exactly I think Gamespot and the show has become a woeful as they are now in the eyes of seasoned gamers.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#36  Edited By OGCartman

Yah that was a horrible show, waste of my fucking hour

r3b3lr0b0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37  Edited By r3b3lr0b0t

Hey Linkyshinks, you really like to start shit don't you? I don't like gamespot very much either, but good god It seems like every time I scan the General board you have yet another topic about Gamespot. 

Graymalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#38  Edited By Graymalkin

Guys, it's Rollbraten
Just one t in Braten.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Linkyshinks
r3b3lr0b0t said:
"Hey Linkyshinks, you really like to start shit don't you? I don't like gamespot very much either, but good god It seems like every time I scan the General board you have yet another topic about Gamespot. "

Err, 2 topics, 2 topics that I now consider totally justified with good reason, even if this one has been made for the love of lol.

For whatever reason it seems I am getting their attention and from the right people, Tracy Peterson is the Senior Gamespot Live Producer and I am choosing to use this interaction positively. Earlier, I sent a reply, I gave him some very frank valid feedback of the respectful kind.Hopefully he will take it all on board positively.

Graymalkin
said:
"Guys, it's Rollbraten
Just one t in Braten."

Danke, I was not sure :)

Cogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cogito

You know, I think Giant Bomb should do a cooking special, for laughs, maybe figure out a way to make their own Giant Bomb energy drink, or brew a Giant Bomb beer (Giant Beer?).
But that would probably be pretty boring and take longer then an hour, maybe the perfect Giant Bomb Hamburger?

Giant Bomb Hamburger: take a bite out of beefy, Jeff, goodness.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#41  Edited By MachoFantastico

Do people still watch On the Spot? :D

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lemegeton

on the spot used to be so awesome. sad to see what it has been reduced to. that kind if crap would never have happened on Richie G's watch

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By get2sammyb

So hang on - let me get this straight. The cooking had nothing to do with a video game or anything? Like Nintendo's cooking game or the Hells Kitchen game or whatever? It was just totally random cooking with no game link at all.

That's straight up bizarre.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By get2sammyb
Linkyshinks said:
"The Gamespot staff member responsible for the feature contacted me via PM on the matter

TracyP [G]

Hi there I read all the comments and on today's show, yours had a real point.  I mostly ignore those without points.  First, let me say I highly recommend you try the recipe, it's awesome. (lol, oblivious)  Second, we had hoped to talk more about the game, but in the end, there wasn't much said about the game during the cooking and it was hard to mix more in ( there was fuck all about the game during this nonsensical segment and that's exactly what pissed me off).  I had hoped it would be interesting to viewers to see what developers are like, with the added bonus of the food tips. (good grief)  I definitely think it was an odd fit and thank you for your opinion.   -********- .... I love to see where we can improve and create a show that is more inclusive to the most viewers. Keep on watching and certainly watch next week, the Halloween special is going to be awesome.

She is curious to know why she detected some hostility in my posts and why I made one particular comment. What should I tell her I wonder?, perhaps I should take this opportunity to tell her the truth, why exactly I think Gamespot and the show has become a woeful as they are now in the eyes of seasoned gamers.

"
Do it man... she's taken the time to contact you and find out your opinion. Be harsh but fair - tell her about the Kristin incident and also your bemusement at todays show. If you don't tell her the truth then nothing can be done to fix this dire place Gamespot is in.

Remember to be fair - tell her about things you used to like/still like about Gamespot and the things you didn't like now. Like I can't stress enough that you should use this opportunity.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Linkyshinks
get2sammyb said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"The Gamespot staff member responsible for the feature contacted me via PM on the matter

TracyP [G]

She is curious to know why she detected some hostility in my posts and why I made one particular comment. What should I tell her I wonder?, perhaps I should take this opportunity to tell her the truth, why exactly I think Gamespot and the show has become a woeful as they are now in the eyes of seasoned gamers.

"
Do it man... she's taken the time to contact you and find out your opinion. Be harsh but fair - tell her about the Kristin incident and also your bemusement at todays show. If you don't tell her the truth then nothing can be done to fix this dire place Gamespot is in.

Remember to be fair - tell her about things you used to like/still like about Gamespot and the things you didn't like now. Like I can't stress enough that you should use this opportunity."

I was tactful, I laid it all out very frankly and with the right motives in mind, the same ones you clearly have. I was fair, I don't think I pointed out many positives to be honest though, lol, but my tone and what I said in the reply was very respectful. It turns out Tracy Peterson, Senior Gamespot Live Producer is a guy btw. He genuinely seems like a cool guy so hopefully something can come of this, as minor as it seems.

I want Gamespot to get out of this dire rut as much as you do. 

This is delicate so I wont be posting anything on the board, but I will keep you posted privately if something positive arises.

Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Giantkitty

Maybe they can make Rollbraten their new mascot (just give it a couple of eyes - those apples look like teeth) and we can have a mascot battle: Luchadeer vs Rollbraten for world domination.

>Jumped the Rollbratten?

Or just call it Rollbratening

[edit] Also get some trollz to Rickrollbraten

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jayge_

What the fuck kind of show tries to do cooking and video games? I thought Cooking with Dave eliminated all those bullshit competitors :-P

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Linkyshinks
Jayge said:
"What the fuck kind of show tries to do cooking and video games? I thought Cooking with Dave eliminated all those bullshit competitors :-P"

One that's desperate, one that feels they need to do something new and off the wall I suppose.

According to the Senior Producer at Gamespot,  Tracy Peterson-

"I had hoped it would be interesting to viewers to see what developers are like, with the added bonus of the food tips."

I don't know about anyone one else here but I just wanna see games, fucking games and nothing more. If I wished to see something cringe worthy I would have watched The Office or something. If I wanted to see a recipe made in five minutes I would have watched the cooking channel.

Gamespot tried to add comedy, and it failed miserably...  A feature of that slant requires someone with good comedic interplay and perhaps a degree of wit. Kristin, and I say this with no disrespect to her, on the evidence of that feature, she has very little if any of both. Thing is, It's not her fault though, they should not be getting her of all people to do this crap and making her look even worse in the eyes of seasoned gamers.

[Rickrollbraten sounds awesome lol]

GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By GiantGUS

GAME+COOKING can be done well and funny (remember Cooking With Tim featuring Tim Tracy and Jeff Gerstmann?)

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By thordain
Hamz said:
I've got to agree with Hamz on this, we hate Gamespot way to much on this site.