• 64 results
#51 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Well I just received this from the Gamespot Live Senior Producer

--------------------------------------

Thanks again.  I won't tell *******, though we share an office.  I'm glad you ********...personal crap...

Fact is, I really want the show to improve and get closer to the viewers expectations.  The biggest challenge is the major differences our audience seems to have in opinions. (-?) I have to have an effective filter for all of this.  I received both positive (!) and negative feedback on the cooking piece, and for what it's worth, your feedback is definitely at the top of my list.  I agree completely. Time was not on my side during the edit and I believe it could have been much better.

Even having been responsible for the clip, I think the term Rollebraten is funny as hell.  I don't take offense in the slightest. (- my comment which drew comparisons between Gamespot and a Rollerbraten - both stuffed with crap)

I truly appreciate your candor and will never ding someone for expressing themselves (unless it comes into TOS issues of course) and I'm glad you are still watching and hopeful. Check out next week and do drop me a line to tell me what you think.

Thanks again.

Tracyp

-----------------------

Well I suppose this is positive, that being I will be able to pass comment his way frankly as I did today if need be. I do have a issue with this reply though, ones I will raise with him later. This is the most critical thing I find in this reply-

"The biggest challenge is the major differences our audience seems to have in opinions.  I have to have an effective filter for all of this".  

Is Gamespot opinion so spread out as he makes out?. I really get the impression the powers that be are so oblivious to how members feel when the can suggest all is rosy and the opinion is balanced

Is the opinion balanced?

"I received both positive and negative feedback on the cooking piece"

I am amazed if that is true lol

#52 Posted by Cogito (174 posts) -

Better then No response, Good Job!

Level Rank: A+
Score: 314159260000
New Highscore!

But seriously, good job.

#53 Edited by Snail (8606 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
 For five whole minutes viewers had to endure some French developer guy with a particularly annoying English accent showing viewers how to make a fucking Rollbraten! "
Had? I didn't watch it.
I fourth that facepalm, but this time directed to yourself. No offense, but why did you even watch that?

EDIT: I too, find GS annoying. Do not read this post as a supportive one.
#54 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

Quick question, Linky:  do you happen to post up about this on any other boards besides Giant Bomb's?  I'm just curious, because if you were posting this kind of crap on EVERY gaming site's forums, then it would be a slight bit more understandable.  Instead, you seem to only be posting about it on GameSpot and Giant Bomb's forums.

Are you trying to genuinely help GameSpot be a better site, or do you just want to point out a bunch of stuff that YOU don't like about the site?

Am I happy, personally, with GameSpot?  NO.  That's why I come to Giant Bomb, because the guys I trusted are here.  However, I'm not going to jump onto the forums every single time GameSpot does something and say "man, this is stupid".

I say that Linky should keep this shit on the GameSpot forums and not over here...even if it does entail some rather retarded shit showing up on OTS.

Anyone else that can agree with that?

Let's keep Giant Bomb discussions on Giant Bomb...and let GameSpot have their own stuff.
#55 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

What the fuck is your problem, you sound wound up by something?  This story has not been posted on Gamespot, only here. Why do you ask?

Are you trying to genuinely help GameSpot be a better site, or do you just want to point out a bunch of stuff that YOU don't like about the site?

Genuine, what kind of nonsense comment is that, surely one helps by parting with their own opinions as feedback, as I have done and you can see clearly above. Obviously the senior Gamespot producer sees it as helpful when he has taken on board what I have said and wishes to hear my opinion in future when I have one to pass.

I will post what the fuck I want within reason as I always do, if I want to post Rollebratens by the plenty I will, I will not be taking notice of any twat that thinks differently. OK mate.

#56 Posted by Verdugo (2001 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"
As seen on Gamespot.com
"

What the FLYING FUCK. I swear that thing is staring at me.
#57 Edited by jakob187 (21675 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"What the fuck is your problem, you sound wound up by something?  This story has not been posted on Gamespot, only here. Why do you ask?

Genuine, what kind of nonsense comment is that, surely one helps by parting with their own opinions as feedback, as I have done and you can see clearly above. Obviously the senior Gamespot producer sees it as helpful when he has taken on board what I have said and wishes to hear my opinion in future when I have one to pass.

I will post what the fuck I want within reason as I always do, if I want to post Rollebratens by the plenty I will, I will not be taking notice of any twat that thinks differently. OK mate."
Are you posting this same stuff on the IGN forums?  Gamespy?  Kotaku?  No?  Why not?
Because of the obvious reason that none of those places were founded by former GS employees.

My point, which you so obviously missed, is why the hell do you feel the need to bitch about Gamespot on the Giant Bomb forums but nowhere else?  It seems like something more fit for...oh...the Gamespot forums.

I hope I speak for more than just myself when I say that a thread like this is pointless for any other reason than to just start shit...because that's how it feels.  While you believe you are pointing out a topical and reasonable subject...it's something that should be over at Gamespot and not here.  I don't see what kind of a benefit Gamespot gets from the Giant Bomb community commenting back and forth on the shit (and I can say that I honestly feel the same way at this point about the thread about Ms. Riley) when we aren't posting on GS boards, subscribing to GS, and moreover, even discussing this on GS.

It's nothing more than just hating to hate.  If you don't like what they do, then don't visit them anymore.

And saying "I will post what the fuck I want within reason as I always do, if I want to post Rollebratens by the plenty I will, I will not be taking notice of any twat that thinks differently"...I'm sorry, but that's rather childish, sir.
#58 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Why on earth would I choose to post on sites I do not visit, lol ?

This thread was created for the love of lol, there is no bitching here only mocking of something that is well worthy of mock, everyone else has had ther mock, you on the other hand have had your bitch, you are the only one bitching. As you did also in the other thread I recall lol

#59 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"I have just been watching OTS, otherwise known as "Oh That Shit" now, primarily because I wanted to see if they showed that game, which they did not, O surprise.  They did in truth also have a cool line up, well on paper at least, - Mirrors Edge, Resistance 2, Penny Arc A 2.

Well anyway, I was watching the tail end of the show when it dawned on me that Resistance 2 had clearly been dropped. Ok, that's a fail I thought, so what does Gamespot fill this apparent void with?, another epic fail lol.

Gamespot showed a five minute cooking feature that has fuck all to do with any game on the evidence of what was shown.  For five whole minutes viewers had to endure some French developer guy with a particularly annoying English accent showing viewers how to make a fucking Rollbraten!

As seen on Gamespot.com
Cringe worthy stuff, I cannot stress that enough!, lol, I could not even manage a lol which is a rarity with me.

Did anyone else here watch this bizarre spectacle also?

"
Linkyshinks said:
"Why on earth would I choose to post on sites I do not visit, lol ?

This thread was created for the love of lol, there is no bitching here only mocking of something that is well worthy of mock, everyone else has had ther mock, you on the other hand have had your bitch, you are the only one bitching. As you did also in the other thread I recall lol"

Do you actually read your posts, or do you just write them and forget what they said?  The underlined parts...if that's not bitching, but instead it's "mocking"...then I must not know what bitching is.

And that's just your OP...

Needless to say, I'm talking to a brick wall.  So, by all means, continue with your non-bitching about Gamespot.
#60 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"I have just been watching OTS, otherwise known as "Oh That Shit" now, primarily because I wanted to see if they showed that game, which they did not, O surprise.  They did in truth also have a cool line up, well on paper at least, - Mirrors Edge, Resistance 2, Penny Arc A 2.

Well anyway, I was watching the tail end of the show when it dawned on me that Resistance 2 had clearly been dropped. Ok, that's a fail I thought, so what does Gamespot fill this apparent void with?, another epic fail lol.

Gamespot showed a five minute cooking feature that has fuck all to do with any game on the evidence of what was shown.  For five whole minutes viewers had to endure some French developer guy with a particularly annoying English accent showing viewers how to make a fucking Rollbraten!

As seen on Gamespot.com
Cringe worthy stuff, I cannot stress that enough!, lol, I could not even manage a lol which is a rarity with me.

Did anyone else here watch this bizarre spectacle also?

"
Linkyshinks said:
"Why on earth would I choose to post on sites I do not visit, lol ?

This thread was created for the love of lol, there is no bitching here only mocking of something that is well worthy of mock, everyone else has had ther mock, you on the other hand have had your bitch, you are the only one bitching. As you did also in the other thread I recall lol"

Do you actually read your posts, or do you just write them and forget what they said?  The underlined parts...if that's not bitching, but instead it's "mocking"...then I must not know what bitching is.

And that's just your OP...

Needless to say, I'm talking to a brick wall.  So, by all means, continue with your non-bitching about Gamespot.
"

lol, the show has been given that tag for a while now if you did not know, and well done on underlining anything remotely negative and based in fact, so what?  You say this thread is all about bitching and suggest that I want to cause "shit", yet I pass on my views to the producer of the show to take on board and post his receptive reply to me for all to see. I do so in order to show Gamespot are receptive to opinions.

This is GB, ex GS, the vast majority here are bound to have some negative opinions and they are free to bitch as they please, if it's done within the rules. If people wish to show their dislike for what's happening at GS right now they are free to do so as I am doing. In this case it comes with a comical slant, while the other thread became a personal attack and plain cruel, something you wanted to persist in.

Does this really look like a reply to a trouble maker :/

Thanks again.  I won't tell *******, though we share an office.  I'm glad you ********...personal crap...

Fact is, I really want the show to improve and get closer to the viewers expectations.  The biggest challenge is the major differences our audience seems to have in opinions. (-?) I have to have an effective filter for all of this.  I received both positive (!) and negative feedback on the cooking piece, and for what it's worth, your feedback is definitely at the top of my list.  I agree completely. Time was not on my side during the edit and I believe it could have been much better.

Even having been responsible for the clip, I think the term Rollebraten is funny as hell.  I don't take offense in the slightest. (- my comment which drew comparisons between Gamespot and a Rollerbraten - both stuffed with crap)

I truly appreciate your candor and will never ding someone for expressing themselves (unless it comes into TOS issues of course) and I'm glad you are still watching and hopeful. Check out next week and do drop me a line to tell me what you think.

Thanks again.

Tracyp

EDIT:

" If you don't like a thread, then don't visit it anymore", It's that simple.

The fact is something positive has come about by this, for one people have had their worthy lol at the expense of something plain dumb. Secondly, it turns out that the people in charge over there are actually not that bad at what they do, even if they could do what they do a lot better. Hopefully in time they will when they get a clearer idea about what the readership wants because on the evidence of the reply they have mixed messages.

#61 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"The fact is something positive has come about by this, for one people had had their worthy lol, and secondly it turns out that the people in charge over there are actually not that bad at what they do, even if they could do what they do a lot better. "
The quicker people realise Gamespot is run by CNET the better i think.

Also keep the personal attacks to a minimum folks.
#62 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

Also, people have learned to cook something, though the apples ruin it, imo.

#63 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
Bellum said:
"Also, people have learned to cook something, though the apples ruin it, imo."

FUCK YEAH!

(Pineapples dude, you can switch those for Pineapples)

CNETz is evilz!

I would like to think GS is now run more tightly in house, with less outside involvement now. CBS who now own them might have a positive effect on the site in coming years I think, or do you consider CBS's involvement the pile on of more evil Hamz?. I just think it's all too easy to point at that and call evil.
#64 Edited by r3b3lr0b0t (460 posts) -

I don't know if it has been brought up or not Linky, but watch out about posting private messages publicly. I had a "biff" with a Gamespot reviewer a couple of months ago and posted all his responses on a Gamefaqs forum. Lets just say he found out about it and the whole situation didn't turn out so well.

So try to leave it between you and Gamespot. I don't understand why you feel the need to bring it over here.