#1 Posted by JJGIANT (760 posts) -

I was just wondering after listening to this weeks Bombcast, if anybody remembers the hotspot. Now I know its still going on but i mean the classic hotspot with Rich, Jeff and assorted guests. My favourite hotspot moment is when Jeff exclaimed "Driver 5 IS ALIVE". So funny. Whats your favourite hotspot moment?

#2 Posted by OroJackson (680 posts) -

Yea; classic hotspot is probably the greatest series of podcasts ever. But that golden age has long since passed....

plus Brad, Jeff, Ryan, and Vinny do pretty well for themselves

#3 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

The Hotspot is pretty boring now, but it used to be the best

#4 Posted by El_Dom (84 posts) -

Um i remember when VInny exclamed that maybe the reason why marcus fenix wears the doorag is because he got his hair shot-off. That was funny

#5 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

hotspot now is still kind of funny. the two new guys they have on there (the noob and the guy from the news section) are pretty funny. but nothing compares to the bombcast.

#6 Posted by Hell_Dude (47 posts) -

When the Canadian kid called them and started rapping and telling them about his game idea - Shaq has a bazooka and he's the president of USA. And then the gamespot crew started rofling...

#7 Posted by Brainkiller (165 posts) -

Old Hotspot was the best by far with Ryan, Jeff and ofcourse Rich... back in the day were Jeff would spit rhymes and drop bombs =/

#8 Posted by Jensonb (1769 posts) -

Rich Gallup;s The HotSpot, including Too Hot music, best podcast ever.

Presently, Bombcast is untouchable.

#9 Posted by whackmypinata (941 posts) -

I'm sure most people came into this thread with their flame sword ready to strike, thinking the OP was talking about the current Hotspot, waiting to defend the Bombcast. I know I was.

#10 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Yeah the Hotspot was the greatest Podcast around, now its a bit dull compared to the Bombcast.

#11 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

I never did like the hotspot

#12 Posted by Flexiable (98 posts) -

The Classic was probably the best yeah. It was hilarious. I remember sitting there and laughing all the time at Jeff and Rich in particular. Such a pity it doesn't exist anymore.

#13 Posted by 11samype (70 posts) -

I liked it before everyone left, now it's kind of boring.

#14 Edited by x3ar (236 posts) -

Giantbomb cast will become the hotspot 2.0 dattebayo!

#15 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Hotspot...not so hot
Bombcast...fresh, new, funny, interesting, engaging

#16 Edited by JJGIANT (760 posts) -

Yh I suppose the hotspot past its prime even though its sad to think it. By the way awesome icon OroJackson.

#17 Posted by Gmanall (1683 posts) -

*Puts sword away* Well I listen to a ton of Podcast (28) and my favorites are (In rank)  The Giant Bombcast, (F)GFW, 1UP Yours and Control Point.

#18 Posted by Peter_J (151 posts) -

Yeah there's really no reason to listen to the hotspot anymore.

I always liked Jeff's intro on every 'classic' hotspot.

#19 Posted by GalvanizedNails (552 posts) -

Favorite, kinda classic hotspot would be a late October 2007 episode. There was no Rich on this episode, but this was the 'gaming for me is a religion and has is the S*** ! when they cursed i think 33 times in one episode. My favorite version of that was definitely 'Gaming for me is a religion and Haze is the pope'

#20 Posted by logson (521 posts) -

It was great in its prime.
My favorite moment was the call, and the reaction to the call, where a guy claimed he was drinking beers and playing fl0w, and then asked if fl0w was the future of gaming. That whole 5 minute chunk of audio is sooooooo damn good.

#21 Posted by jakob187 (21762 posts) -

I never heard The HotSpot.  Sorry.

#22 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

I didn't start listening to podcasts till late last year so I missed the boat on that.

#23 Posted by abombb (96 posts) -

My favorite episode was the one when Jeff and Rich were pretending to be sexist saying how girls don't play games.  "My Xbox is an Easy Bake Oven", while Carrie was getting really mad.  That was also the episode where Carrie announced she was leaving Gamespot.