#1 Posted by kyledanderson (37 posts) -

I searched the boards before posting this. Is there anyway of checking the GameStop trade in values before going to the store? I plan to buy the new version of the 360 and I want to get rid of all my old PS2 stuff that I don't even use anymore. How much do they give for a PS2 now-a-days? And do they even take some of the old PS2 games. Like I have Madden '02 and GTA 3. Are they still taking stuff like that? What is the value range for those types of items?

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (19016 posts) -
@kyledanderson:  Go to CAG, they have the trade in values over there.  As for old PS2 games, they still take them, but you will get like 10 cent trade in credit.
#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@kyledanderson said:
" I searched the boards before posting this. Is there anyway of checking the GameStop trade in values before going to the store? I plan to buy the new version of the 360 and I want to get rid of all my old PS2 stuff that I don't even use anymore. How much do they give for a PS2 now-a-days? And do they even take some of the old PS2 games. Like I have Madden '02 and GTA 3. Are they still taking stuff like that? What is the value range for those types of items? "
Nope. And they wont even tell you over the phone.  

Also Madden might net you like 4 bucks
#4 Posted by Pocky4Th3Win (138 posts) -

Not even worth trading in PS2 games, Use goozex. You will get a better value for the games through their trade system.

#5 Posted by ATrevelan (606 posts) -

They won't take the Madden game at all (they don't take sports games beyond a year or two) and expect less than a buck for GTA3. No idea on what you'll get for the PS2, but likely not a whole lot.

#6 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -

I don't think you can find their trade in prices on line.  I know it used to be impossible, don't know if they changed it in the past ew years.  I also don't think they'll buy your ps2 games, you'd probably be better off just trying to sell them online.
#7 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -
#8 Posted by Landon (4152 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @kyledanderson said:
" I searched the boards before posting this. Is there anyway of checking the GameStop trade in values before going to the store? I plan to buy the new version of the 360 and I want to get rid of all my old PS2 stuff that I don't even use anymore. How much do they give for a PS2 now-a-days? And do they even take some of the old PS2 games. Like I have Madden '02 and GTA 3. Are they still taking stuff like that? What is the value range for those types of items? "
Nope. And they wont even tell you over the phone.   Also Madden might net you like 4 bucks "

4 bucks? Yeah, if your really lucky. Seriously, Madden 09 at my Gamestop was going for 50 cents.
#9 Posted by NathHaw (2792 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" Nope. And they wont even tell you over the phone.  "
It's still that way?  /sigh
#10 Posted by NathHaw (2792 posts) -
@Landon said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @kyledanderson said:
Nope. And they wont even tell you over the phone.   Also Madden might net you like 4 bucks "
4 bucks? Yeah, if your really lucky. Seriously, Madden 09 at my Gamestop was going for 50 cents. "
As soon as the new year is announced, the previous one is down the drain.
#11 Posted by kyledanderson (37 posts) -

I am not so much looking to get money for them. I just want to get rid of them. And if they take some of the games for store credit, then I will do it. Even if it is 10 bucks I suppose. Not frugal, I know. I just don't want to go in and be like... umm... we don't want any of this s!@#.

#12 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@kyledanderson said:
" I am not so much looking to get money for them. I just want to get rid of them. And if they take some of the games for store credit, then I will do it. Even if it is 10 bucks I suppose. Not frugal, I know. I just don't want to go in and be like... umm... we don't want any of this s!@#. "
Then give them to me! 
#13 Posted by DystopiaX (5333 posts) -
@kyledanderson said:
" I am not so much looking to get money for them. I just want to get rid of them. And if they take some of the games for store credit, then I will do it. Even if it is 10 bucks I suppose. Not frugal, I know. I just don't want to go in and be like... umm... we don't want any of this s!@#. "
Sell them online. You'll get more money. 
And fuck Gamestop, which is always a good thing.
#14 Posted by agentboolen (1808 posts) -
@kyledanderson:  You would probably make more money selling that stuff on Ebay.
#15 Edited by Mechanical_Ape (253 posts) -
#16 Edited by LeetBalla (698 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:

" @kyledanderson said:

Actually they do tell you over the phone; I would know, its quite annoying. Also, you will get $25 for your PS2. 

EDIT: $25 for slim. $20 for fat.
#17 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@LeetBalla said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @kyledanderson said:

Actually they do tell you over the phone; I would know, its quite annoying. Also, you will get $25 for your PS2.  EDIT: $25 for slim. $20 for fat. "
Really? Then I must be out of date on their policy. *Which is not surprising* 
#18 Posted by kyledanderson (37 posts) -

I just talked to them, they said they take any PS2s with a single controller and proper component cables. Oh, and they take all PS2 games for at least some kind of store credit.

#19 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

They never advertise trade rates anywhere properly.  It's a nasty system.  I love reaping the benefits though.  I have purchased many a second hand game but I haven't ever traded one game to any shop in 22 years of gaming.

#20 Posted by kyledanderson (37 posts) -

I would describe what I have as a healthy list. Most of the games, on both units, are quite old. If I go eBay how much should I price a lot like this (starting bid then buy it now)?

PS2 Games

1. ATV Offroad Fury 2

2. Cabelas Big Game Hunter

3. Gran Turismo 3 A-spec

4. Grand Theft Auto III

5. Grant Theft Auto Vice City

6. Madden 2002

7. NCAA College Football 2K3

8. NCAA Football 2002

9. Need for Speed Underground 2

10. Soul Caliber II

11. The Sims

12. Twisted Metal Black

PSP Console & Accessories

1. 32 MB Sony Memorial Stick Duo

2. AC Charger

3. Logitech Case w/ Carry Strap (Holds 4 memory cards and 3 UMDs)

4. Original PSP Box

5. PSP Battery

6. PSP Console 1001

7. PSP Sleeve

8. PSP White Headphones

9. PSP White Wrist Strap

10. Sony PSP Microphone

11. Sony PSP Microphone/Headphone Attachment

12. UMD Sampler Disc

PSP Games

1. Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

2. Socom U.S. Navy Seals Firetream Bravo

3. Socom U.S. Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo 2

4. Syphon Filter Dark Mirror

5. Untold Legends: The Warriors Code

6. Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

7. World Series of Poker

PSP Movies

1. Sahara

2. The Fast and the Furious

#21 Posted by chstupid (806 posts) -

Put it on ebay you will get more money and it's cheaper for the guy buying it so everyone wins.

#22 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@AlwaysAngry said:
" Am I the only one who loves GameStop's trade in values? I traded in Assassin's Creed II and got BioShock and Silent Hill 2 for $3.00! "
yes, i think you are the only one. i don't trade in my games because of their prices they give people. 

i don't think they are going to give you much for your ps2 games. they might take them. my gamestop doesn't take xbox 1 games for some reason. i saw someone trying to trade it in and they said they weren't taking xbox games.
#23 Posted by ectoplasma (980 posts) -

I wouldn't sell Twisted Metal and GTA III. But Maybe that's just me.

#24 Posted by FongGhoul (233 posts) -
@ectoplasma said:
" I wouldn't sell Twisted Metal and GTA III. But Maybe that's just me. "
Agreed.  Don't sell something for $2 you'll regret not having years later.  So many games I wish I still had...
#25 Posted by Kahoona (223 posts) -

Anybody know how much Gamestop gives for a 20gb Xbox 360?

#26 Posted by SilentCommando (579 posts) -
@Kahoona said:
" Anybody know how much Gamestop gives for a 20gb Xbox 360? "
I'd like to know too.
#27 Posted by Kahoona (223 posts) -
@SilentCommando said:
" @Kahoona said:
I'd like to know too. "
Amazon gives you $56 so I'm assuming it isn't much.
#28 Posted by SilentCommando (579 posts) -
@Kahoona said:
" @SilentCommando said:
" @Kahoona said:
I'd like to know too. "
Amazon gives you $56 so I'm assuming it isn't much. "
Well, it's something I guess.
#29 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@Kahoona said:
" @SilentCommando said:
" @Kahoona said:
I'd like to know too. "

Does amazon really give you that much for it?

$12 credit at GS by the way. 

source: cag

#30 Posted by Kahoona (223 posts) -
@sixghost said:
" @Kahoona said:
" @SilentCommando said:
" @Kahoona said:
I'd like to know too. "

"
Wow, $12 for an actual working current gen console?  Fuck that shit.
#31 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4896 posts) -

I bought GTA3 for $2.99 and that like 2.5 years ago. So probably 15 cents? Madden... probably even less.

#32 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@Kahoona said:
" @sixghost said:
" @Kahoona said:
" @SilentCommando said:
" @Kahoona said:
I'd like to know too. "

"
Wow, $12 for an actual working current gen console?  Fuck that shit. "

Oh god, I'm sorry I thought he was asking for the TIV of just the 20gb HD.  You have to trade in the console and HD separately at GS. A 360 + wired gets you $80 credit, wireless gets you $90. The 20gb HD gets you $12.

I think there's a deal going on now that gets you an extra $25, but only if you take it in credit.

#33 Edited by Kahoona (223 posts) -
@sixghost said:

" @Kahoona said:

" @sixghost said:

" @Kahoona said:

" @SilentCommando said:
" @Kahoona said:
I'd like to know too. "

"
Wow, $12 for an actual working current gen console?  Fuck that shit. "

Oh god, I'm sorry I thought he was asking for the TIV of just the 20gb HD.  You have to trade in the console and HD separately at GS. A 360 + wired gets you $80 credit, wireless gets you $90. The 20gb HD gets you $12.

I think there's a deal going on now that gets you an extra $25, but only if you take it in credit.

"
You're right, they have an offer going on right now for the new systems.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/ 
#34 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

If you call them up, you can thoroughly annoy whoever answers the phone by asking them game by game how much you will get back. I recommend doing it. It's funny because they have to answer ALL of your questions. It is their job after all.  :P

#35 Posted by Spence_5060 (326 posts) -

Ya I just check CAG. They usually have most prices on their Not every game has prices but most do.

#36 Edited by SilentCommando (579 posts) -

This might not be the case for everyone, but I traded in my old Xbox 360 without the hard drive (Didn't even have HDMI either) and got $125 credit.

EDIT: Oh, and I traded it in at Gamestop.

#37 Posted by christ0phe (952 posts) -
@AlwaysAngry:   Obviously the prices are better for games for this generation of consoles.  The OP is talking about last gen, and the trade in prices are criminal, especially when they are still selling some PS2 games for 29.99
#38 Posted by bizsumpark182 (361 posts) -

They won't go below a $1.00 in trade in value. But, still you will only get a $1.00 for most of your PS2 games.

#39 Posted by bizsumpark182 (361 posts) -
@kyledanderson said:
"

I would describe what I have as a healthy list. Most of the games, on both units, are quite old. If I go eBay how much should I price a lot like this (starting bid then buy it now)?

PS2 Games

1. ATV Offroad Fury 2

2. Cabelas Big Game Hunter

3. Gran Turismo 3 A-spec

4. Grand Theft Auto III

5. Grant Theft Auto Vice City

6. Madden 2002

7. NCAA College Football 2K3

8. NCAA Football 2002

9. Need for Speed Underground 2

10. Soul Caliber II

11. The Sims

12. Twisted Metal Black

PSP Console & Accessories

1. 32 MB Sony Memorial Stick Duo

2. AC Charger

3. Logitech Case w/ Carry Strap (Holds 4 memory cards and 3 UMDs)

4. Original PSP Box

5. PSP Battery

6. PSP Console 1001

7. PSP Sleeve

8. PSP White Headphones

9. PSP White Wrist Strap

10. Sony PSP Microphone

11. Sony PSP Microphone/Headphone Attachment

12. UMD Sampler Disc

PSP Games

1. Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

2. Socom U.S. Navy Seals Firetream Bravo

3. Socom U.S. Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo 2

4. Syphon Filter Dark Mirror

5. Untold Legends: The Warriors Code

6. Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

7. World Series of Poker

PSP Movies

1. Sahara

2. The Fast and the Furious

"
Going by what you have above, my guess would be between $50 - $75 at the absolute most. And they may not even take some of that stuff.
#40 Posted by wavegoodbye (285 posts) -

I just discovered the joys of Cheap Ass Gamer.  Definitely helps me keep hold of my collection knowing I'd only get $3 bucks for something.

#41 Posted by Iruk (1 posts) -

howdy I work at game stop and I am doing cash swaps from the discounted games from gamecrazy closing I can post a current trade in value list but it does change by area

#42 Edited by ZanzibarBreeze (3071 posts) -

It's impossible to look at that list on Cheapy Ass Gamer and not be insulted.