GameStop Treasure Hunt Thursdays: An End, Once and For All

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

What happens when GameStop tries to give away $5 Xbox Live codes but their website is overloaded? What happens when one man refuses to give up? Is there a happy ending? Find out in this touching video of a giveaway gone wrong and the many people it affected.

-----

Those of you who participated in GameStop's giveaway yesterday will know there was a "maximum user limit" implemented that caused the website to not work for many people. I decided to record my attempt at getting it to work while overlaying comments from people around the Internet trying to do the same thing and set it to sad music. Hope prevailed in the end for many, and in the contest's last minutes a lot of people were able to finally get codes.

Did you participate in the promotion? Did you stop after getting your $5, or did you keep going?

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

When I clicked on play I REALLY hoped it would be that song, and I'm so glad it was. Granted, the title of your thread kinda gave it away, but still...

Also, I never even heard of this promotion, but then again, I don't have an Xbox, so I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I got $600

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was willing to give approximately the amount of time it took me to click on the link a coworker forwarded me. I got $5 at one point. I tried it again the next week and it didn't work, and I quit giving a shit immediately.