Gamestop trying to rip the customer off again (PS3 related)

Kycon90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Kycon90
Heres the link

I mean, what a joke, trying to sucker people into buying the 80 gig for $299 when the 120 gig slim is coming next month for $299. I hate gamestop and this is why. I really feel sorry for the people who jump on this thinking it's a good deal to find out a month later that oh, it really wasn't that great of a deal, just a little rip off to get rid of stock.
Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Not even next month. According to their site, they're shipping the slim next week.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

Hey look, another Gamestop thread.

retwakm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By retwakm

yeah i feel sry for all those people who buy it thinking its some kind of miracle (im talkin to YOU casual gamers) and then the week after when they walk into gamestop to buy there uncharted or something they see the PS3 SLIM all over the place and then when they try to return it the dude informs them about that TINY font no refunds thingy on back of the box

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By CoolDrMoney
Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Qorious

Well, I think every retail store and online store are doing that so you can't really blame them.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#7  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
@dcpc10: Linux on the PS3 sucks. It's slower than a Pentium III laptop my older sister bought in 2002. I'll concede the point of bundles, but Linux is absolutely not a selling point.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@Kycon90 said:
" Heres the link
 I mean, what a joke, trying to sucker people into buying the 80 gig for $299 when the 120 gig slim is coming next month for $299. I hate gamestop and this is why. I really feel sorry for the people who jump on this thinking it's a good deal to find out a month later that oh, it really wasn't that great of a deal, just a little rip off to get rid of stock. "
This is what the official price of the 80 gig model is now. Gamestop isnt ripping people off... this time.
FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By FCKSNAP
@Sleepy_Insomniac said:
" @dcpc10: Linux on the PS3 sucks. It's slower than a Pentium III laptop my older sister bought in 2002. I'll concede the point of bundles, but Linux is absolutely not a selling point. "
For the average user no. But you can crack security codes with that shit, yo!
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Karmum

What are you talking about? Did you not hear about Sony dropping the price of the 80GB SKU to $299? I suppose if you don't find the Slim model aesthetically pleasing, you could always get the "phatter" 80GB model, and swap the HDD in favor of a larger HDD. Are you going to tell us next that the 160GB model + Uncharted 1 for $399 is a rip-off because you could buy a 120GB Slim and the game for less (obviously if you wanted more HDD space, you'd have to pay more for that, too)?

Jason_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Jason_Miami

Slim has NO Backwards Compatability whereas the 80GB does. So I guess you're getting some kind of deal if you care about that.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By choffy21
@Jason_Miami said:
" Slim has NO Backwards Compatability whereas the 80GB does. So I guess you're getting some kind of deal if you care about that. "
Actually no. It doesn't. Older 80GB's do, but not the ones on store shelves now.