Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

This really got to me.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/112709/

If you don't see the page then here's the details. With the Xbox 360 and the PS3 consoles you can get 3 games for free with them. The one problem is that they are offering LittleBigPlanet and God of War 1 & 2 for free. Here's the problem, God of War 1 & 2 is considered the God of War Collection on the PS3. And they are advertising it as PS3 games. Does anyone agree with me here? I believe they need to cough up another game. Maybe Killzone 2 or the first Uncharted.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64
Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Dark_Jon

Yeah, especially since they are PS2 games. That bundle has no appeal to me, I already played both GoW 1 and 2 and I don't think I'll get into LittleBigPlanet.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

I saw that earlier, I thought it was pretty weird, but I think they're just trying to show off each individual game's rad box art.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Emandudeguyperson said:
" I saw that earlier, I thought it was pretty weird, but I think they're just trying to show off each individual game's rad box art. "
Even though the actual box already does that? It's a trap for the gaming illiterate.
Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Damien

Not a real super huge deal.  I also think there was a topic on this already?

misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By misterpope

Thats horrible. Gamestop that is strike number 45 for you in my book.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jeffgoldblum

It's not a bold faced lie. More like a stretching of the facts.
While God of War I and II are PS2 games on a single disc, they are still damn good games.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Funzzo

Wow people bitching bout free stuff.
RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By RaikohBlade

They technically are two seperate games. Gamestop simply neglects to mention that they are on the same disc, and have one price tag if you were to buy it. Therefore, I would say that Gamestop is most definitely in the wrong.
cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cstrang

Other retailers have better bundles.

But dealing with Gamestop in the first place is your first mistake.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thecleric
@Funzzo said:
" Wow people bitching bout free stuff. "
no fucking kidding, some mad kids who couldn't return their games or something i guess.
MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrSnow

Game stop rants. Here we go again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The advert doesn't say 3 ps3 games, it just says 3 games. And while I haven't played a god of war game, I'm pretty sure that god of war 1 is a different game to god of war 2. 

Gamestop are in the right, if you don't like it they aren't obliged to give you a better deal. 

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Branthog
@Funzzo said:
" Wow people bitching bout free stuff. "
Wait, what's free? As far as I can tell, you have to spend a few hundred bucks on a console to get it bundled with some games. There's nothing free about that.
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Technically, it is two games, just not two PS3 games. I think offering this for free is pretty pointless, considering that they're already selling it at a discounted price.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fallen189

Buy a different bundle then, and be glad you're getting something, fuck.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18  Edited By Hector

Wow that  IS pretty lame!!!

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Funzzo

The games are FREE!!!! A PS3 is still 300.00 without free games. Shit are people that fucking stupid that they dont understand that are are paying the normal price for a PS3 and getting free games with it.  Shit you give someone something for free and what do they do? they bitch about it.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Karmum

Well technically, God of War 1 & 2 are PS3 games in the "God of War Collection." Having separate boxarts might be misleading, but are still bundled into one package.

Wait, you're annoyed that they're giving you two free games with the PS3 at the price of $299? Come on dude.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xyzygy

I think it's still a good deal, but if you compare it to the 360 deal it's kind of garbage and I see what you're getting at. The GOW Collection is supposed to be one game, not two, and let alone the fact that they are PS2 games merely with graphical enhancements. Whereas with the 360 you actually have a choice for one of the games. The addition of that Bakugan game will probably look better to kids/preteens, as well as Batman. 

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ch13696

My argument is that they'll give 3 games on the 360 and not the PS3. I'm not calling bias or starting flame wars. I'm just saying they're taking advantage of peoples bad judgments during black Friday. Basically that's GameStop for you.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#23  Edited By natetodamax

Technically they God of War 1 and God of War 2 are two separate games. They are just packaged as one in this example.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Griddler

That's pretty bad. Especially seeing as there are so many other great deals out there

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By choffy21
@ch13696 said:
" My argument is that they'll give 3 games on the 360 and not the PS3. I'm not calling bias or starting flame wars. I'm just saying they're taking advantage of peoples bad judgments during black Friday. Basically that's GameStop for you. "
Did you really just say that? You know Gamestop isn't giving Lego Batman or Pure away, right? That's the Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite Holiday Bundle. If you want to get technical about it, they're only giving away $50 of free stuff with the 360 and $100 with the PS3.
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By VisariLoyalist

well, in terms of false advertising law I think they could easily argue even if the add was incorrect that they had no intent of misleading customers.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By septim

I don't really have a problem with labeling the bundle as 3 games, I do have a problem with them showing two separate boxes for each God of War.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By jakob187

I like how you get Pure, LEGO Batman...and then your choice of either CALL OF DUTY 4 or some other game.  I mean, seriously?  LEGO BATMAN....and CALL OF DUTY 4?  Talk about FUCKING ODD! 

At least with the PS3 bundle, you are getting Sony exclusive titles.  Granted, the contrast is just as odd:  LittleBigPlanet and God of War are VERY opposite ends of the spectrum.  However, at least there is a Kratos Sackboy...so it fits a little bit. 

As for the OP...it may be one package, but it's still two full games.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Dude, how could anyone complain about this? It's a great deal regardless. God of War was one of the best games of last gen. The best thing about free games is that they're free. Most people wouldn't buy Lego Batman or Pure, but who cares? They're not even bad games, and you're getting them as a bonus. Call of Duty 4 and LittleBigPlanet are great games to include. Anyone who got either bundle should be grateful for it, man.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By RHCPfan24

It is a strange deal and *possibly* a scam to those unaware of the God of War: Collection but it still is 2 games regardless. The 360 deal is definitely better though, even if these games included are total polar opposites of each other.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Demyx

I've seen this bundle in other places.
Its weird, but its also free so....

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By EvilTwin

They're not really lying nor really telling the truth.  It's up to the customers to be informed in my opinion. 

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dbz1995
@jakob187 said:
" I like how you get Pure, LEGO Batman...and then your choice of either CALL OF DUTY 4 or some other game.  I mean, seriously?  LEGO BATMAN....and CALL OF DUTY 4?  Talk about FUCKING ODD!  At least with the PS3 bundle, you are getting Sony exclusive titles.  Granted, the contrast is just as odd:  LittleBigPlanet and God of War are VERY opposite ends of the spectrum.  However, at least there is a Kratos Sackboy...so it fits a little bit.  As for the OP...it may be one package, but it's still two full games. "
But only a fucking retard would choose Cod:MW over BAKUGAN BATTLE BRAWLERS!
Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Warfare

Meh i get my games from Amazon.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@Funzzo said:
"Wow people bitching bout free stuff. "

Yep. Get a $300.00 with about $120.00 worth of game for free. I have never seen such a horrible thing.
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EvilTwin
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Funzzo said:
Yep. Get a $300.00 with about $120.00 worth of game for free. I have never seen such a horrible thing. "
$100.00.  The God of War collection is only 40.
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@EvilTwin said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Funzzo said:
Yep. Get a $300.00 with about $120.00 worth of game for free. I have never seen such a horrible thing. "
$100.00.  The God of War collection is only 40. "
Which is why I said ABOUT. I din't know the exact price. And also the LBP GOTY is  $ 30.00. So &70.00 of free games, but still free.
veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38  Edited By veektarius

I think that people just now buying into the newest generation of consoles deserve bundles with three current-gen games on them.  I mean, when you got your own 360/PS3, the first thing you wanted to see was how awesome the graphics were, right?  Whether it's two games or only one, they're last-gen games and I'd feel bad for the kid who ends up with just a console and those 2/3 games for his gift and no other games.  

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Slurpelve

I notice that too on black Friday.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ch13696
@choffy21 said:
" @ch13696 said:
" My argument is that they'll give 3 games on the 360 and not the PS3. I'm not calling bias or starting flame wars. I'm just saying they're taking advantage of peoples bad judgments during black Friday. Basically that's GameStop for you. "
Did you really just say that? You know Gamestop isn't giving Lego Batman or Pure away, right? That's the Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite Holiday Bundle. If you want to get technical about it, they're only giving away $50 of free stuff with the 360 and $100 with the PS3. "
Good point. But I'm saying If they are going to offer 3 free games then don't mislead the customers with 2 games in 1. At least say get 2 games free when you purchase a system or something. I'm not being greedy. Just tell the customers the truth.
Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh, they also say nintendo Wii comes with 5 games when it really is just the 5 mini games found on wii sports or whatever the wii free gamethe system comes with.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By choffy21
@ch13696 said:
" @choffy21 said:
" @ch13696 said:
Did you really just say that? You know Gamestop isn't giving Lego Batman or Pure away, right? That's the Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite Holiday Bundle. If you want to get technical about it, they're only giving away $50 of free stuff with the 360 and $100 with the PS3. "
Good point. But I'm saying If they are going to offer 3 free games then don't mislead the customers with 2 games in 1. At least say get 2 games free when you purchase a system or something. I'm not being greedy. Just tell the customers the truth. "
It is the truth. The God of War Collection is God of War 1 & 2 on one disc. Two games on one disc.
memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By memo

oh wells...suck it up