• 97 results
#1 Edited by EquitasInvictus (1943 posts) -

So GameTrailers just posted a short 6-minute video with Geoff Keighley, Michael Pachter, Jessica Chobot, and Kyle Bosman. It was incredibly sweet of them to do it, and especially nice to see Pachter again talking about Ryan.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/563vf4/gametrailers-com-ryan-davis-tribute

EDIT: I think that link should be working again.

On another note unrelated to GameTrailers there is also an Animal Crossing: New Leaf design circulating twitter if you've got the game and want to pay tribute to him there: https://twitter.com/the_grue/status/355018392849219584/photo/1

#2 Edited by Benny (1947 posts) -

page wont load for me

#3 Posted by Mister_V (1170 posts) -

Chrome is giving me a redirect loop error.

#4 Edited by TooWalrus (13128 posts) -

Yeah, their link is busted at the moment.

#5 Posted by Ironlink (43 posts) -

Works fine here. Using Firefox if that makes a difference.

#6 Posted by EquitasInvictus (1943 posts) -

The link I originally posted is now returning errors but for the time being it is also featured in the front page of http://www.gametrailers.com/

#7 Posted by subyman (587 posts) -

Their own link doesn't work for me. I'm using Safari.

#8 Posted by bombedyermom (223 posts) -

Got it to work.

Even Michael Pachter starts breaking up talking about Ryan. Shit, man.

#9 Edited by Animasta (14633 posts) -

It's back up.

oh god pachter got me started again

#10 Edited by subyman (587 posts) -

Just watched it. Pachter teared up, pretty hard to watch this stuff. Ryan's charisma stretched throughout the gaming industry.

#11 Edited by SpacePenguin (473 posts) -

Thanks for posting this, it was good to see Pachter talking about Ryan.

#12 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -

Ugh, I thought I was done crying, too.

#13 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -

I've listened to keighley, pachter and bosman especially quite a bit lately. So this should be good...

#14 Posted by Jackhole (356 posts) -

Ahh, Pachter <3

This was really sweet, I'm glad they did this.

#15 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

I think Ryan would find it hilarious that Jessica Chobot is in his tribute video.

<3 Pachter

#16 Posted by PirateNeal (267 posts) -

Pachter tearing up ;(

I just want the healing to begin already

#17 Posted by sirdesmond (1234 posts) -

Nice to see Patcher's thoughts. You could tell that he really does miss him, at least I say that in his eyes.

#18 Posted by Adaurin (186 posts) -

Yeah, Pachter had me weeping again.

#19 Posted by DeadPan (313 posts) -

Pach <3

#20 Posted by csl316 (7963 posts) -

Can't wait to see it.

#21 Posted by amlabella (322 posts) -

That was nice, started getting teary-eyed again when Pachter got emotional.

#22 Edited by isomeri (1217 posts) -

Whoa with the front page treatment and everything, I didn't think that they'd do anything like this. It was special hearing all that from Pachter.

#23 Posted by Abendlaender (2733 posts) -

I don't think I've ever seen Keighly that.......human.

Mad props to GT

#24 Posted by JJOR64 (18882 posts) -

Glad they did that.

#25 Posted by Jimbo (9769 posts) -

Damn you, Pachter, if only you'd predicted this! :(

#26 Posted by thatdutchguy (1267 posts) -

Because of videos like that make Gametrailers my second favourite gaming site on the internet.

#27 Posted by Garfield518 (403 posts) -

Just don't go to the thread about Ryan on the GT forums - a whole bunch of disrespecting fuckers over there.

#28 Edited by thatdutchguy (1267 posts) -

Just don't go to the thread about Ryan on the GT forums - a whole bunch of disrespecting fuckers over there.

The forums are always terrible at any other videogame site besides giantbomb.

#29 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Man, even Pachter is tearing up. :(

#30 Posted by Ramone (2954 posts) -

That was extremely difficult to watch, Geoff held it together superbly but you could tell he was hurting. Pachter tearing up was too much for me.

#31 Posted by Humanity (8713 posts) -

It is too bad that they had Jessica and Kyle on there who didn't know Ryan at all but seeing Pachter talk so fondly of Ryan makes you realize like wow this guy was universally loved by everyone that knew him.

#32 Posted by Abendlaender (2733 posts) -

@garfield518 said:

I'm not going to argue with that but holy shit the GT forums are just the worst. Like, really the worst.
Which is kinda sad, cause I like GT as a website but the forums.....damnnnnn

#33 Posted by fresh2deafbill (804 posts) -

@swoxx said:

I think Ryan would find it hilarious that Jessica Chobot is in his tribute video.

<3 Pachter

yeah I though that was pretty weird myself

#34 Posted by thatdutchguy (1267 posts) -

@swoxx said:

<3 Pachter

yeah I though that was pretty weird myself

She's hot though.

#35 Posted by kishinfoulux (2250 posts) -

@garfield518 said:

Could you link me? I want to see the idiocy.

Also Pach gets a lot of flak for his awful opinions and rightfully so, IMHO. However as just a dude I've always liked when he was on the Bombcast or when he's just bullshitting. Wish he would swing by more often. Tough watching him tear up almost like that.

Don't really see why Chobot and Kyle were there. Maybe they couldn't snag anyone else, but whatever.

This reminds me has IGN or Gamespot done any sort of feature or video about Ryan? IGN always acts above everything and Gamespot is the sister site so you'd expect they would, but I haven't seen anything.

#36 Posted by AlecOfTheWest (275 posts) -

@garfield518 said:

Went there assuming you guys were probably exaggerating, but holy shit that place is a cesspool. Fuck them.

#37 Posted by Monkeyman04 (998 posts) -

@kishinfoulux: I don't know about IGN, but a GS staffer said on the article on GS that they would make something.

#38 Posted by Village_Guy (2480 posts) -

Man, Pachter is a true human piece of shit, and I love him so much for it - just like Ryan probably did. I couldn't keep it together when he teared up...

<3 Pachter

#39 Posted by BaysideJr (19 posts) -

@thatdutchguy said:

@garfield518 said:

Went there assuming you guys were probably exaggerating, but holy shit that place is a cesspool. Fuck them.

I have to agree that giantbomb has by far the best community. IGN comments sections are equally as filthy. I really don't understand the need to be mean to your fellow online friends. It really just boggles my mind. You are presumably there to talk with people who have similar interests to yourself. I just don't get the anger and disgusting attitudes. Better to just ignore it.

#40 Posted by zEyePawdz (45 posts) -

Ugh, just read through the GT thread about Ryan and it's pretty awful on all levels. I really wish I hadn't now. It's basically a four page discussion of people who didn't know who he was saying he got what was coming to him just because he was heavy.

I hate people.

#41 Edited by JasonR86 (9581 posts) -

@swoxx: @fresh2deafbill:

Apparently she and the rest if the dudes were already there shooting a bonus round. She was probably asked, like the other guests, if she'd like to stay to shoot this video as well and she said yes.

#42 Edited by Bakumatsu (353 posts) -

Pretty sweet on their part by doing this, I have to say. Man seeing Pachter almost losing it was very heartbreaking.

#43 Edited by brandondryrock (24 posts) -

That was a great video to see. It has been awesome to see a majority of the gaming community come together and support Ryan. It just shows how much he was respected, and how much of an impression he left on people.

#44 Edited by kishinfoulux (2250 posts) -

Yeah just saw those comments and like others assumed they couldn't be that bad...boy was I wrong. Bunch of garbage over there.

And yeah this is definitely the best community. Bad eggs around for sure, but pound for pound this is the best, all bias aside.

#45 Posted by joebillmatt (26 posts) -

I don't think I've ever seen Keighly that.......human.

Mad props to GT

This. That video was really genuine. Those guys wouldn't be there as personalities without the groundwork Ryan put down.

#46 Edited by Genfuyung (225 posts) -

Damn you Pachter...

#47 Posted by Nilazz (606 posts) -

Pachter <3

#48 Edited by AnotherSomebody (147 posts) -

While he still managed to stay professional you can tell that Keighley was really shaken up by it. Glad to see such a human and sincere response from these guys.

#49 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

It is physically uncomfortable for me to see how awkward and twitchy Geoff is when he's trying to be sincere and emotional about another human being. I hate to say this but he's clearly only comfortable when talking business and reading tweets.

Edit: But it's no time for criticism, it's a nice gesture of them and I still can't fucking BELIEVE Ryan has passed, my reality is weirding out.

#50 Posted by thatdutchguy (1267 posts) -

It is physically uncomfortable for me to see how awkward and twitchy Geoff is when he's trying to be sincere and emotional about another human being. I hate to say this but he's clearly only comfortable when talking business and reading tweets.

Don't