Gametrailers PS3 GOTY= GTA4 lmfao!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

for real, thats just dumb. i don't think they even nominated resistance 2. 

edit: since biggerbomb is throwing a hissyfit, i meant to mention that console specific awards should be about exclusives. 
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TwoOneFive

look i dont care if they thought it was GOTY in general, but PS3 GOTY should go to an exclusive and PS3 had plenty of contendors, MGS4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet etc.  

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

That's funny to you? Wow, okay....

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By shadows_kill

it should have been lbp, mgs4, valkyria chronicles, or resistance 2. i hated gta4 so...

Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lieutenant
TwoOneFive said:
" i don't think they even nominated resistance 2. "
Rightfully so. It was a terrible "me-too" shooter.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By AndrewGaspar
Lieutenant said:
"TwoOneFive said:
Rightfully so. It was a terrible "me-too" shooter."
Resistance 2 sucked because Insomniac neglected the story aspect, not because it was derivative. At this point, almost all shooters are relatively the same in terms of mechanics, so that argument is invalid. The setting and story of the game and the quality it's presented are what sets the game apart. Resistance 2 failed at this. It is Insomniac's worst game, in my opinion.
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By KamasamaK

It's not that dumb. I may not agree, but it's a very popular game, and the Giant Bomb guys decided GTAIV was GotY as well (even though it seems MGS4 was a close second).

AndrewGaspar said:

"Lieutenant said:
"TwoOneFive said:
Resistance 2 sucked because Insomniac neglected the story aspect, not because it was derivative. At this point, almost all shooters are relatively the same in terms of mechanics, so that argument is invalid. The setting and story of the game and the quality it's presented are what sets the game apart. Resistance 2 failed at this. It is Insomniac's worst game, in my opinion."
Even despite the story, saying Resistance 2 sucked is an exaggeration. The single-player game was still competent, the competitive multiplayer is good, and the cooperative multiplayer is really fun being not quite like anything a FPS has done before.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By RHCPfan24

Well, on my humble opinion, I like GTA IV better than MGS4, though both are great in their own ways.  And besides, because all game sites are giving their PS3 goty awards to MGS4, can one site do something different? I have no problems with either game, I am just saying that there is nothing wrong with what they did. In fact, this thread is pretty stupid. TheGreatGuero said:

"That's funny to you? Wow, okay....
"
Yeah, sums up what I feel.
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KamasamaK
TwoOneFive said:
"i don't think they even nominated resistance 2. "
It seemed reasonable to me at first considering that their nominees were no slouches, but it does seem a bit odd that Resistance 2 won Best FPS yet an FPS (BioShock) beat it as a nominee here. I can somewhat see where they're coming from considering BioShock was nominated last year (assuming that's the real reason), but it still seems odd.
samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By samcotts
BiggerBomb said:
"TwoOneFive, go back to your little troll cave."
To be fair, there is nothing wrong with creating this thread. It raises a good point, shouldn't a PS3 exclusive get the PS3 award, and not a multiplat - surely that's the whole reason for that category.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BiggerBomb
samcotts said:
"BiggerBomb said:
To be fair, there is nothing wrong with creating this thread. It raises a good point, shouldn't a PS3 exclusive get the PS3 award, and not a multiplat - surely that's the whole reason for that category."

That is a logical point, TwoOneFive did not use a logical point.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BiggerBomb
TwoOneFive said:
"Lieutenant said:
"TwoOneFive said:
did you play it, because your heads up your ass if thats what you really think. BiggerBomb said:
"samcotts said:
"BiggerBomb said:
To be fair, there is nothing wrong with creating this thread. It raises a good point, shouldn't a PS3 exclusive get the PS3 award, and not a multiplat - surely that's the whole reason for that category."

That is a logical point, TwoOneFive did not use a logical point."
thats exactly what i was saying in the third comment ya douche. 
"

If it takes you three comments to explain the topic you created, you have failed.
Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Qorious

Didn't GTA4 on the 360 also won GotY on GT as well? That's pretty lame. At least pick an exclusive on that system for the best PS3/360 game.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KamasamaK

Yes, it won best PS3, Xbox 360, and overall game of the year. Its poor performance on PC kept it from winning that too. I think with this in mind, I agree that the platform categories should be about exclusives.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Snail

Agreed that it should have been an exclusive.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#16  Edited By Vinchenzo

In the creation of this thread title, were you literally "Laughing (Your) Fucking Ass Off?"

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TwoOneFive
Vinchenzo said:
"In the creation of this thread title, were you literally "Laughing (Your) Fucking Ass Off?""
lol no. just do that because i thought thats what people say a lot on forums, i have no idea, maybe im just being ridiculous on purpose! oh thats a thought!
BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By BlackWaterCO
dcpc10 said:
"tell me about it, they crowned that overrated piece of crap GOTY too."

That your opinion...then again, there's alot of fools in this world
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Absurd
TwoOneFive said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"Lieutenant said:
"TwoOneFive said:
did you play it, because your heads up your ass if thats what you really think. BiggerBomb said:
"samcotts said:
"BiggerBomb said:

That is a logical point, TwoOneFive did not use a logical point."
thats exactly what i was saying in the third comment ya douche. 
"

If it takes you three comments to explain the topic you created, you have failed."
i don't put that much thought into topics on forums on giantbomb.com, my bad. lol im goin out now (happy new years WOOT GETTIN DRUNK BITCHES), have fun being a dick on the internet (loser biggerbomb XD) "
Ah, That makes you the cool Kid of Giantbomb, We all respect you now.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rowr

WHAT?!

THAT IS NOT THE TITLE I HAD IN MIND!

OMG OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT ME SUCK!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By get2sammyb

Hmmm... I gotta agree, that is pretty dumb.

Incidentally what won the Wii and 360 awards? Because logically speaking if GTAIV was there PS3 game and game of the year then it would have to be their 360 one too?

Ridiculous. What's the point in that?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jayge_
get2sammyb said:
"Because logically speaking if GTAIV was there PS3 and game of the year then it would have to be their 360 one too?"
That's not logical at all.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By get2sammyb
Jayge said:
"get2sammyb said:
"Because logically speaking if GTAIV was there PS3 and game of the year then it would have to be their 360 one too?"
That's not logical at all."
Surely it is? If they say GTA4 is the best game on the PS3 and the best game of the year then seeing as GTA was on the 360 how can it not be?

Are they going to turn around and say Gears 2 is the best game on the XBOX 360 (better than GTA4) but not better than the game of the year which is GTA4?

See.

EDIT: I think I had some typos in my original post. That's what I meant ^
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jayge_
get2sammyb said:
"Surely it is? If they say GTA4 is the best game on the PS3 and the best game of the year and GTA was on the 360 how can it not be?

Are they going to turn around and say Gears 2 is the best game on the XBOX 360 (better than GTA4) but not better than the game of the year which is GTA4.

See. Logical."
Their PS3 game of the year was GTA4, not their 360 game of the year. There doesn't have to be any link whatsoever.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By get2sammyb
Jayge said:
"get2sammyb said:
"Surely it is? If they say GTA4 is the best game on the PS3 and the best game of the year and GTA was on the 360 how can it not be?

Are they going to turn around and say Gears 2 is the best game on the XBOX 360 (better than GTA4) but not better than the game of the year which is GTA4.

See. Logical."
Their PS3 game of the year was GTA4, not their 360 game of the year. There doesn't have to be any link whatsoever."
Yes there does because they are including multiplatforms into their pool of "PS3 game of the year". Therefore I would deduce they are including multiplatforms in their pool of "360 game of the year". And seeing as GTA4 was their overall game of the year how can they justify saying Gears 2 (or whatever it was?) was technically better than their overall game of the year?

EDIT: Oh I see. Did they not give GTA4 overall game of the year? I think I assumed.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jayge_
get2sammyb said:
"Yes it does because they are including multiplatforms into their pool of "PS3 game of the year". Therefore I would deduce they are including multiplatforms in their pool of "360 game of the year". And seeing as GTA4 was their overall game of the year how can they justify saying Gears 2 (or whatever it was?) was technically better than their overall game of the year?"
Because they might think that it is? Seriously. You're putting way too many nonexistent rules into your reasoning.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By get2sammyb
Jayge said:
"get2sammyb said:
"Yes it does because they are including multiplatforms into their pool of "PS3 game of the year". Therefore I would deduce they are including multiplatforms in their pool of "360 game of the year". And seeing as GTA4 was their overall game of the year how can they justify saying Gears 2 (or whatever it was?) was technically better than their overall game of the year?"
Because they might think that it is? Seriously. You're putting way too many nonexistent rules into your reasoning."
Well if they did give GTA4 overall game of the year (I just edited my post, I think I'm assuming they did) then that seems nonsensical to me. But let's just assume GTA4 is their overall game of the year... how can you say:

GTA4 is the best game of the year. Full stop. End. GTA4 is the best game on the Playstation 3. Full stop. End. GTA4 is on the XBOX 360 but we actually think Gears Of War 2 is a bit better.

Erm... So wouldn't that make Gears Of War 2 the better game overall?

It's a contradiction. But again, I'm not actually sure whether GTA4 was crowned their overall game of the year, I got confused and assumed. My argument still stands though. How can you have the best game of the year but say something was actually better than it?
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jayge_
get2sammyb said:
"Well if they did give GTA4 overall game of the year (I just edited my post, I think I'm assuming they did) then that seems nonsensical to me. But let's just assume GTA4 is their overall game of the year... how can you say:

GTA4 is the best game of the year. Full stop. End. GTA4 is the best game on the Playstation 3. Full stop. End. GTA4 is on the XBOX 360 but we actually think Gears Of War 2 is a bit better.

Erm... So wouldn't that make Gears Of War 2 the better game overall?

It's a contradiction. But again, I'm not actually sure whether GTA4 was crowned their overall game of the year, I got confused and assumed. My argument still stands though. How can you have the best game of the year but say something was actually better than it?"
The stunning success of the game across (most) platforms and whatever achievements are perceived related to storytelling and all of that shit could have them calling it their overall, overarching game of the year, even if they preferred Gears of War 2 slightly more on the 360.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By get2sammyb

It's pointless anyway because they gave GTA4 the best XBOX 360 game award (I just checked). In which case they rendered my argument nonsensical.

I still think it would have been dumb to say you prefer another game on another system where the "best" game is available. But they didn't. So that's fine with me.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#30  Edited By wefwefasdf

GameTrailers did the same things for the best 360 game. They should have just done exclusives - Would have been more interesting.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By Red

I think that the way Giantbomb did awards is the way you're supposed to do awards. Go ahead, put in genre awards or something but when doing console awards, it should ALWAYS be exclusives. I guess the way IGN does it isn't bad but still, Gametrailers totally blows when it comes to opinion.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KamasamaK
get2sammyb said:
"I still think it would have been dumb to say you prefer another game on another system where the "best" game is available. But they didn't. So that's fine with me."
I mostly agree and I think maybe Jayge was just arguing with your lack of clarity. For example, GTA IV was on PC also but didn't win due to a combination of it performing worse on PC and Fallout 3 being better on PC than consoles. I think knowing that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of GTA IV are extremely similar and the best versions of the game, you could reasonably deduce that.

EDIT: On second reading, I think he was probably just arguing for that sake of arguing.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jayge_
Kamasama said:
"get2sammyb said:
"I still think it would have been dumb to say you prefer another game on another system where the "best" game is available. But they didn't. So that's fine with me."
I mostly agree and I think maybe Jayge was just arguing with your lack of clarity. For example, GTA IV was on PC also but didn't win due to a combination of it performing worse on PC and Fallout 3 being better on PC than consoles. I think knowing that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of GTA IV are extremely similar and the best versions of the game, you could reasonably deduce that.

EDIT: On second reading, I think he was probably just arguing for that sake of arguing."
No, I was saying that there is no possible logical reasoning for saying that the best overall game would have to be the best individual game on all platforms.
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KamasamaK
Jayge said:
"Kamasama said:
"get2sammyb said:

EDIT: On second reading, I think he was probably just arguing for that sake of arguing."
No, I was saying that there is no possible logical reasoning for saying that the best overall game would have to be the best individual game on all platforms."
The logic wouldn't dictate that it "had" to be, but that it "should" be. There would need to an assumption of rationality on the part of the people who decided in order to say it "had" to be. It would not be reasonable to say that some game on the Xbox 360 was better than the best game of the year, which was also on the Xbox 360 and not inferior to its best version.
BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BlackWaterCO

GTA4 is a great game

Why so many haters? Is GTA the next Halo where people are just gonna bash the hell out of it because its super popular?

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TwoOneFive
dcpc10 said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"In the creation of this thread title, were you literally "Laughing (Your) Fucking Ass Off?""
lol no. just do that because i thought thats what people say a lot on forums, i have no idea, maybe im just being ridiculous on purpose! oh thats a thought!"
I thought you went to go drunk? :P jk, i'm just fooling with ya, I wont be a dick :)"
lol, i was on my mobile, it was cold as fuck last night waiting for the fireworks in philly so i was in my car gettin bored again...and i didn't drink after all. i have to keep reminding myself not to anymore, i'm training and i'm sort of a health freak right now. but thats so off topic. 
anyways, yeah, giantbomb.com had the best awards out of all the sites. they did it right and the fact that they had the debate for GOTY on their podcast was a really good idea, very very good idea man. 
for me, if my first place was tied between gta4 and mgs4, i'd say dead space was number 2, that game was amazing. nothing i didn't like or think it needed more of at all. (except perhaps online but thats not necessary)
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jayge_
Kamasama said:
"It would not be reasonable to say that some game on the Xbox 360 was better than the best game of the year, which was also on the Xbox 360 and not inferior to its best version."
Yes it would. It wouldn't be saying that the game is better than the best game of the year, it would simply be saying that, on that platform, there was a game that was preferred more, although it wasn't good enough to be the overall game of the year.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By get2sammyb
Kamasama said:
"The logic wouldn't dictate that it "had" to be, but that it "should" be. There would need to an assumption of rationality on the part of the people who decided in order to say it "had" to be. It would not be reasonable to say that some game on the Xbox 360 was better than the best game of the year, which was also on the Xbox 360 and not inferior to its best version."
My, so eloquently put.
BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Geez, other peoples opinions matter that bad huh?

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By atejas

Not to mention an '07 port.
And no Valkyria.
And they didn't have Uncharted either, did they?

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KamasamaK
atejas said:
"And they didn't have Uncharted either, did they?"
That was from 2007.
atejas

Forum Posts