#51 Edited by Porkellain (253 posts) -

Same here

#52 Posted by Istealdreams (148 posts) -

it takes so long -_-'

#53 Posted by Porkellain (253 posts) -

I know right? 4 comments pending lolololol

#54 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@snide Can we pull a "warriors" and go beat them up?

#55 Posted by Porkellain (253 posts) -

I give up on waiting, the mods there might be deciding whether to publish the replies or not to avoid a flamewar. whatever

#57 Posted by Istealdreams (148 posts) -

I like that this guy: http://n4g.com/user/home/jarquemclark replied to Deno546 in this n4g topic: http://n4g.com/news/1178760/gamewise-is-the-imdb-of-video-games

and then when looking at his posting history, its 90% links to Gamewise: http://n4g.com/user/comments/jarquemclark/all/1

And then the person that replied to me on the HuffPo says almost word for word the same thing (irony) and they just made their user about 20 min before the response on the n4g page.

#58 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

You have to be part of their site to even see the pages.

#59 Edited by Djnuttty (138 posts) -

Does any of the staff know about this?

#60 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@djnuttty said:

Does any of the staff know about this?

Snide does.

Also their site is ugly as hell.

#61 Posted by Istealdreams (148 posts) -
#62 Posted by Djnuttty (138 posts) -

@the_laughing_man:

Do you think they will take action? The man who replied on the Huffington Post article said they did the same thing that Giantbomb did when starting up. I guess he is forgetting that Giantbomb had permission. I hope some justice is served here because it sucks to see this kind of stuff happen, if it is definitely a breach, of course.

#63 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@djnuttty said:

@the_laughing_man:

Do you think they will take action? The man who replied on the Huffington Post article said they did the same thing that Giantbomb did when starting up. I guess he is forgetting that Giantbomb had permission. I hope some justice is served here because it sucks to see this kind of stuff happen, if it is definitely a breach, of course.

The guy who replied is an idiot. And the guys on this forum have screenshots. And snide even posted. So something is up.

This site is Snides baby. I doubt he will let some idiots rip it off that badly.

#64 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

I know a lot of duders spend a lot of time doing nice work here, and I'm sure that their intentions are for it to be Giant Bomb property.

#65 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -

That's messed. Hopefully action will be taken soon.

#66 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

Man, those N4g comments don't sound natural at all. They're obviously from the people behind the site.

#67 Edited by Porkellain (253 posts) -

My reply to that HuffPost dude is finally up lol

#68 Posted by Istealdreams (148 posts) -

Mine as well

#69 Edited by 49th (2731 posts) -

Man, that's not cool.

SHUT IT DOWN

#70 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

Wow, that is DISGUSTING.

Really hope that the hammer is dropped hard on these guys.

#71 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -

@louiedog said:

Man, those N4g comments don't sound natural at all. They're obviously from the people behind the site.

N4G comments are the worst. I think they are worse then YouTube and that is saying something.

#72 Posted by bitchypixels (67 posts) -

Great job, guys. I'm hoping to hear about their site closing in the near future. This shit is unacceptable.

#73 Posted by ThePickle (4168 posts) -

Fuck that guy.

#74 Posted by RedCream (704 posts) -

This is so infuriating!

#75 Edited by gumdealer (96 posts) -

@jjor64 said:

@louiedog said:

Man, those N4g comments don't sound natural at all. They're obviously from the people behind the site.

N4G comments are the worst. I think they are worse then YouTube and that is saying something.

I wrote for a game website for a little while and I was actually told to write inflammatory comments on articles due to the way N4G rates popularity on articles. It's super shitty.

#76 Posted by Warfare (1633 posts) -

Ain't this a bitch.

#77 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Gross.

#78 Posted by Dethfish (3646 posts) -

This isn't nearly as charming as gamebomb.ru

#79 Posted by Andorski (5270 posts) -

Had no idea that the database got a jump start off of the data from Mobygames. What's the connection between the GB crew and the guys who run that site?

#80 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10912 posts) -

Man! Those guys are jerks.

They didn't even take the time to make their own bomb logo like Game Bomb did.

I hope this gets sorted out (ie, that site gets destroyed and/or all the stolen material removed) soon.

Moderator
#81 Edited by RawknRo11a (562 posts) -

Guess they didn't realize who they were messing with. All us duders know not to mess with Snide.

#82 Edited by ModernAlkemie (363 posts) -

RELEASE THE CHAT DRAGON

#83 Posted by Fobwashed (1985 posts) -

I hope it turns out that GameBomb.ru is actually behind all of this.

Oh, and also. This sucks.

#84 Edited by NickL (2246 posts) -

@istealdreams said:

I like that this guy: http://n4g.com/user/home/jarquemclark replied to Deno546 in this n4g topic: http://n4g.com/news/1178760/gamewise-is-the-imdb-of-video-games

and then when looking at his posting history, its 90% links to Gamewise: http://n4g.com/user/comments/jarquemclark/all/1

And then the person that replied to me on the HuffPo says almost word for word the same thing (irony) and they just made their user about 20 min before the response on the n4g page.

Don't forget the part where the guy from the HuffPo comment admitted he read this thread, while it's obvious that an admin was taking down pages as they got mentioned here.

edit: "Brian Berford" made another comment on the article giving 4 examples of non-plagarized content, maybe someone with a HuffPo account should compile him a nice list of some plagarized content.

#85 Posted by DrewH (5 posts) -

@nickl: I just paid attention to what was tweeted at me about the article. I just wrote about a site I found to be interesting as I'd never seen anything like it or anything like this site either. I'm working on updating the article to reflect these recent findings.

#86 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

Wait now a guy named Smithy is popping up as a contributor on pages that didnt have one? That seems suspiciously like the movie trope Allen Smithee, when someone doesn't want to be credited (blamed..) for a bad movie (or a stolen page in this case.) this whole thing is getting weirder and weirder. Very suspicious.

#87 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

#88 Posted by Demoskinos (14769 posts) -

I hope these guys get taken to task.

#89 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Make sure to get plenty of screen shots so they can't cover up anything.

#90 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11626 posts) -

Time to muster the power of the internet against these suckers and crush them into a bloody plagiarizing stump.

#91 Posted by Cowmeat (142 posts) -

Fuck that shit.

#92 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

I've made an account there and I'm seeing if I can find some more pages.

#93 Edited by Dagbiker (6970 posts) -

CBS doesnt want to sue anyone. Its expensive and time consuming. All they want is for their content to be secure and protected. If the person used the API, then when reciving the code, they aggreded to not create a compeating site, and It is pretty much black and white, the problem is finding out if he did infact recieve an API number.

#94 Edited by Jerowyn (7 posts) -

Went to a random page. [Removed pictures]

#95 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

@drewh said:

@nickl: I just paid attention to what was tweeted at me about the article. I just wrote about a site I found to be interesting as I'd never seen anything like it or anything like this site either. I'm working on updating the article to reflect these recent findings.

Sorry for the confusion drew, I meant the guy in the comment section who created an account just to comment on the article, not you.

#96 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@jerowyn said:



Remove the pictures and send them to Snide in a PM. Do not let the people from Gamewise see that so there is proof of the straight copy paste.

#97 Posted by Jerowyn (7 posts) -

@jerowyn said:

Remove the pictures and send them to Snide in a PM. Do not let the people from Gamewise see that so there is proof of the straight copy paste.

Done

#98 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

I found one more, off to Snide!

#99 Edited by Jams (2960 posts) -

#100 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

I found a page on their site, with content that I WROTE.