Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

Edited By jdevl

Gaming recap from the past weekend

inFAMOUS

Wrapped up Sucker Punch's open-world action game as the anti-hero. Being evil is so much easier than being good. I'm about 2/3 of the way through as a hero since I was playing them at the same time, but being evil just became more fun as it required less thought and skill. I will finish the game and clear the streets as a real hero, which is a huge testament to this great PS3 exclusive. I'd still only give it an 8/10 since it's not all that unique and crashed on me more than once. I really enjoyed exploring Empire City and parkour-ing my way from building to building. Not to mention the fact that I purchased the soundtrack, and adored the comic book style cutscenes. For a PS3 game to keep my interest away from my Xbox LIVE Gamerscore for multiple weeks, it must have the total package, and inFAMOUS was firing on all cylinders.

Red Faction: Guerrilla (demo)

As long as the story or characters are halfway interesting, this game is should tide me over until Bad Company 2 comes out. I had very low expectations for this game, but its high Metacritic score peaked my interest to download the demo. After I collapsed my first building by blowing up only its support beams to have it fall on top of enemies, my wallet started itching. Still trying to decide if it will be a Gamefly rental or a purchase later this week.

1 vs 100 (beta)

Played 30 minutes of an extended play round in the 1 vs 100 beta. It was frustrating to not be able to start at the beginning of the round, but we had a good time once we got in from question #4 on. Really interested to see how Xbox Primetime works out, but I can see getting a few trivia happy friends together to try and win prizes down the road.

jdevl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

#1  Edited By jdevl

Gaming recap from the past weekend

inFAMOUS

Wrapped up Sucker Punch's open-world action game as the anti-hero. Being evil is so much easier than being good. I'm about 2/3 of the way through as a hero since I was playing them at the same time, but being evil just became more fun as it required less thought and skill. I will finish the game and clear the streets as a real hero, which is a huge testament to this great PS3 exclusive. I'd still only give it an 8/10 since it's not all that unique and crashed on me more than once. I really enjoyed exploring Empire City and parkour-ing my way from building to building. Not to mention the fact that I purchased the soundtrack, and adored the comic book style cutscenes. For a PS3 game to keep my interest away from my Xbox LIVE Gamerscore for multiple weeks, it must have the total package, and inFAMOUS was firing on all cylinders.

Red Faction: Guerrilla (demo)

As long as the story or characters are halfway interesting, this game is should tide me over until Bad Company 2 comes out. I had very low expectations for this game, but its high Metacritic score peaked my interest to download the demo. After I collapsed my first building by blowing up only its support beams to have it fall on top of enemies, my wallet started itching. Still trying to decide if it will be a Gamefly rental or a purchase later this week.

1 vs 100 (beta)

Played 30 minutes of an extended play round in the 1 vs 100 beta. It was frustrating to not be able to start at the beginning of the round, but we had a good time once we got in from question #4 on. Really interested to see how Xbox Primetime works out, but I can see getting a few trivia happy friends together to try and win prizes down the road.