Gaming Confessions

• 115 results
FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My confession is that most of my likes and dislikes about video games probably fall in line with the general consensus and aren't oddities at all. I am normal, unlike you people who need Jesus.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By Wraith1

I have bought many games but never gotten around to playing them

I've never beaten most of the games that I actually gotten around to playing

I play mostly visual novels now, mostly because I became disabled years ago

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*i haven't respected Nintendo since the launch of the wii. When people tell me that play video games and it wasn't Xbox PlayStation or pc I automatically passed judgement. Basically I was racist of the wii and never considered it in the console wars as think it's still mostly a gimmick albeit a fun one.

*ive never played metroid or Zelda

*i think mgs4 is the best of the series

*i preordered Spore for pc

*command and conquer red alert was my favorite of the series

* gta sa is still the best game in the series to date

*i get angry when stupid shit happens in sports games because I think it's deduced by an excel sheet based on averages but give myself credit when I execute that same stupid shit

*i love sports games even if I don't have anything for the sport itself like wwe and Fifa

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By FacelessVixen
  • I bought Grand Theft Auto 4 four times.
  • I don't think that Devil May Cry 2 is as bad as people say it is.
  • I strongly believed that Bayonetta 2 wouldn't be a WiiU exclusive by now. I gave up on the dream months after release.
  • I almost bought a PlayStation 4 in May this year for Senran Kagura Estival Versus, but didn't because the Ikkitousen DLC isn't available outside of Japan. I'm still very disappointed by this.
  • I was pretty, big, on EVA when playing Metal Gear Solid 3 back in the day. Quiet, however, creeps me out.
  • Despite having Resident Evil 4, I never played more than an hour or two of it. Resident Evil 5, however, I've played for more than 70 hours.
etos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By etos

I have only finished 2 games in my life: CoD 2 (WW2 setting) and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

To add, I have almost 700 hours in CS:GO and I wonder whether I should have put some of those into some singleplayer experiences.

edit: I have finished CoD: AW as well. Forgot about it.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I didn't like Journey.

Linkorius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My turn!

• I wish Ubisoft stopped making Assassin's Creed games to make a sequel to Prince of Persia.
  • I've never finished any Mario game ever.
  • I played through the first levels of Spider-Man on the PS2 with a dance mat.
  • I beat Dead Space on easy because I felt it made the game less scary (I'm not good with horror games).
  • I have yet to beat most of my PS2 games.
  • I can't make it pass the first level in the original Deus Ex (game's too unforgiving for me).
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes is the only game I've ever completed at 100%.
  • I have 277 hours in AdVenture Capitalist (mostly run in the background, but still).
  • I keep lots of games that I love on my hard drive for months after I beat them just in case I want to play them again someday (which never happens).
  • I never buy used games because I'm afraid they don't work, and because I love removing the plastic seal on new games.
hunter456285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

•I have played over 200 hours of Final Fantasy 7 across 3 releases (ps1, vita and steam), but have never beaten the game despite it being my all time favourite game.

•I have played both Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden and although I recognise 4 has the superior systems for dungeon crawling I still think 3 is the better game (i love them both)

•90 percent of my 55 hours on overwatch is between 2 heroes, dva and rein.

•My favourite Call of Duty games are Black Ops 1 and World at War and I wish they would release more WW2 Call of Dutys.

•I have played around 110 hours between the three dark souls games, but 3 is the only one I have completed and actually liked. I also played 3 completely co-op (took around 70 hours).

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By cannedstingray

The only Zelda games I've played to completion are the original Legend of Zelda, and Zelda 2 The Adventure of Link

The only Metroid game I played to completion is the original

The only Final Fantasy game I've ever played to completion was the original Final Fantasy. (Got to the last boss in VII but was under leveled and could not beat it).

Played Star Tropics to completion when it was new. I was blown away by solution to the letter puzzle

I Bought The original Dark Souls 3 times. PS3, 360 and PC.

Fallout 3 was my first Fallout game. It got me back into gaming after a nine year hiatus. I put around 800 hours into the vanilla 360 version.

Since getting back into gaming I have almost 600 steam games, 200 Xbox 360 games, handheld consoles I don't play and have spent probably more than $25,000 on games, consoles and gaming peripherals.

I am an idiot.

Red Dead Redemption is my favorite Rockstar game

I REALLY liked Max Payne 3, especially the airport level with the Health sound track. After the organ harvesting hotel level it was fantastic.

I also really liked L.A. Noire

I buy way too many games that I never play

I play on PC mostly these days, but only with a game pad, unless it can be played with mouse only. (I have an injury that prevents me from using the keyboard or mouse properly with my left hand)

The Saboteur was one of my favorite games the year it came out

Avatar image for deactivated-5879a8792e775
deactivated-5879a8792e775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CONFESSIONS!

• I think Max Payne 3 is better than the first game, and is the best third person shooter from last generation. I love the first game tremendously, I should say. Continuing with Max Payne; Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne is my favourite game of all time.
  • I don't like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, but like other games in that style. (Shadow Complex is my favourite)

• Dragon Age Inquisition is a bad video game (in my opinion). The order of release is also the order of quality. Origins>2>Inquisition. I do love the music though, particularly the music played by bards in taverns.

• I don't think Deus Ex Invisible War is that bad, and would rather play that over Human Revolution (which I found very disappointing)
  • I've gotten to the final boss about 25 times in Downwell but haven't been able to beat it.
  • I liked the guns in Mirrors Edge 1. I think for Catalyst they should have restricted gun combat to handguns so you could freerun with a pistol instead of stripping from the game entirely. The limited ammo mechanics (one magazine and your done) could have created a pretty cool combat puzzle. Example: disarm>shoot>parcour shit>shoot>drop gun> melee combat until another guy with a gun shows up. Obviously can't say for sure, but that could have added an extra layer of strategy that that combat needed. Perhaps adding the ability to throw your gun a-la Hotline Miami or SUPERHOT would be in there too. Guy can dream.
    The only problem I had with guns in the first game is that more often than not you couldn't engage in the freerunning/fluid movement in combat due to having a two-handed weapon which restricted your ability to sprint and jump.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't get into The Witcher 3.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!

etos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beardandcompany: Having the same problem ... I think you have to sit down with it for few hours so you get to know everything (reading some information about the characters and the world can be useful too) and then it should start rolling.

Just like some books get readable after 50 pages, interesting after 150 and you get hooked to them after 250th page. I don't think you should get through a half of the Witcher for it to become interesting, but give it 2 - 5 hours I'd say. If it doesn't work by then, then it probably won't work at all.

Don't forget though, you are allowed to dislike a game :)

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By JasonMasters

This is an awesome read. My turn!

Consoles (mostly)

• My first gaming system was a Game Gear.
  • The only Zelda game I have played is Wind Waker, I couldn't get into OoT
  • The only Metroid game I have played Prime (even my Dad played it).
  • I have never played a Mario game.
  • I have never played a Mega Man game.
  • I have never played a Sonic game.
  • I own the Gears of War Edition Xbox 360
  • I own Red Dead Redemption, have never played it.
  • I own L.A. Noir, never played it.
  • I liked Bioshock 2 a tiny bit better than Bioshock 1.
  • I really liked Warhammer 40k Space Marine (especially the multiplayer).
  • Destiny...need I say more...
  • I played the crap out of Dark Souls 1 but I have bounced off Bloodborne several times and haven't started Dark Souls 2 yet.
  • I still play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on a very regular basis.

PC

• My first computer was an Amiga 500 (still have it, and it still works,Black Crypt is still dope).
  • I have played World of Warcraft over a decade.
  • I have purchased the Collector's Edition of every WoW expansion since Wrath of the Lich King (Legion CE was ordered months ago).
  • I also own the collector's edition of Warhammer: Age of Reckoning
  • I also own both Diablo 3 collector's editions.
  • Max Payne 3 is one of my favorite games ever.
  • I have never played any other Rockstar games aside from Max Payne 3.
  • I prefer Diablo 1 to Diablo 2 or 3.
  • I am a subscriber to Star Wars: The Old Republic.
  • I have a ton of games I haven't played between Steam, GoG, and Origin.
  • I like Smite better than League of Legends.
  • And many more...

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#116  Edited By Fistoh
  • I think all of the Metal Gear Solid (barring V which I have not played) are crap; the series as a whole has a shit story told horribly, and MGS2 in particular is a convoluted travesty that is completely pointless even in the context of the other MGS games.
  • I think Final Fantasy XIII is one of the worst games of all time.
  • I own two copies of Final Fantasy XIII.
  • The first Final Fantasy is my favorite (though I think VI is the best one).
  • Demon's Souls is better than Dark Souls (only by a little).
  • Blighttown wasn't that bad (granted I was on PC with DSFix and all that good stuff).
  • Duke Nukem Forever wasn't that bad.
  • I really want to play Alien: Isolation but it scares the piss out of me.
  • I think that industry very rarely uses voiceover talent well.
  • I bought a 3DS at launch in anticipation of the new Paper Mario game.
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star is my most disappointing game of all time.
  • I bought a PSVita solely to play Persona 4: Golden; I beat the original twice.
  • I played through Golden on the hardest difficulty, and grinded through Magatsu Inaba for about 10 hours solely to get Yoshitsune.
  • I think Dota is the city on a hill in terms of game balance, and no other developer (that I know of) can do it nearly as well as IceFrog and his team.
  • If it wasn't for the social component I would probably ditch Steam for GOG.
  • People who were hype for No Man's Sky were delusional.
  • I bought into the Peter Molyneux hype for Fable 3; to be fair I was 13 and had only played Fable 2, and had never been exposed to Dirty Molyneux and his lies.
poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

-RDR sucked for me, couldn't get past the first three hours of the game without rage quitting. In fact, I remember when it happened - was riding through the desert to my next mission when came across a random encounter. Some guy was getting robbed and as I tried to prevent that my horse ran into the guy being rescued who right away turned hostile and shot me to death. Aiming with a controller while moving on a galloping horse sucks ass.

- Anything Sonic sucks. Pro speedruns are nice to watch though

- Never understood the hype of Chrono Trigger

- Remember the Uncharted 2 commercial where the non-gamer girlfriend really gets into watching her boyfriend play the game because it's like a high quality action movie? I unintentionally pulled that with Uncharted 3 - results were nowhere near what the commercial showed. We broke up like a week later when she found out she might have cervical cancer and needed privacy :\. Weird times

- Castevania is way overhyped. I've beaten a couple back in the day because I was just plowing through anything handheld but didnt think it was anything special

- metal gear rising is the only good one

- duke nukem forever was great

- Brothers - 1 star is too generous

- even if something is on a crazy sale through GOG, I'll wait for Steam because it has achievements. Same reason for never playing anything on Origin

- Played through Total Annihilation campaign about 20 times but never even bothered to look at Starcraft 2

- Fallout 3 was best of them all

- Anything multiplayer sucks, haven't touched CoD since the first modern warfare and even that was all SP

- Binary Domain is incredibly underrated

- anything Telltale is terrible (Wolf Among Us was okay)

- never played FF7

- Greatest JRPG of all time is Shadow Hearts Covenant. That dynamic in-battle element with tapping the right parts of the circle adds a lot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rigas: Same way, seriously. I loved everything about that game. Wish I had it on Steam before they removed it.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part 2 for me

Never got past stage 3 in MGSV

Only played about 15 hours of the Witcher 3

I actually preferred Mad Max over the Witcher 3 & MGSV

I sprained my knee playing Rock Band 2

I thought the cast of Until Dawn is the hottest video game girls of all time

I seriously hate No Man's Sky

I hated LA Noire

I love the Disgaea series

I actually played most of Romance of the 3 Kingdom games

I make up silly lyrics to any JRPG"s music and sing them to myself

I thought GTA V was the worst of the series

I buy Telltale games because I kinda of like the stories, but I really like the super easy Platinum trophies

I name all RPG characters after my wife and pets

Time Splitters is still one of my favorite shooters