• 113 results
#101 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

I actually liked Rumble Roses unironically.

Surely this is forgiveable? For about six months Rumble Roses XX was the only wrestling game on 360.

I remember having it in my Screenselect queue for ages, then it finally showed up the day SVR2007 came out. I was tempted to play it anyway.

#102 Posted by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

@jec03 said:

I bought COD4 to see what the hype was about I played it and was like wtf this is it? and then I went back to BF2 to play on 64 size player server bombing tanks with a two seater jet.

So badass!

I'm not being sarcastic I mean it. Bombing tanks with a two seater jet - just such badass words from the realm of Battlefield.

#103 Edited by Stonyman65 (2873 posts) -

@evilnights: No dude, I mean the original for PS2.

It had tits in it and....well.... The term "awkward teen years" describes those events perfectly.....

#104 Edited by NTM (7546 posts) -

I guess mine, at least to some, would be that I thought Resident Evil 6 was 'really great', no more, no less.

#105 Edited by fisk0 (4500 posts) -

In 1999 I wrote on my website that Doom 3 would be released in 2001.

... and I guess I also had all those XXX wads for Doom 2 (and made some dumb ones myself) and a naked skin for the antagonist of Sin.

I also was one of those people who installed a sound pack that replaced all the sound effects in Quake with Beavis & Butthead samples.

I also have an unhealthy obsession with collecting mediocre, mostly licensed games from the late 90's.

... and I managed to rack up an $200 dial up Internet bill playing StarCraft in 1999.

#106 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

Some guy pissed me off in an MMO so i spent like an entire week devoted to griefing him. It was really petty and immature. This was ages ago though, in Dark Age of Camelot. Felt like a total dick when i heard he switched servers over it.

#107 Edited by BioSpock (13 posts) -

When I was 12/13, I "dated" a girl over a MMO. We talked a lot over chat, hung out in the game, even had a few phone calls. We did some video chats do, the ultimate resulting in me convincing her to take her top off. She was 16. If I remember correctly, our relationship ended with me spending less and less time both in-game and on windows messenger.

I didn't know any better at that age, I was really convinced I liked these people. I think I did though. We got married in-game, and I think I had like 3 of these relationships all within the same guild. It wasn't uncommon.

I'm now in College and I'm much more normal. I've had several relationships, including one that lasted a year and half. I was also on homecoming court. I say this so I don't look like a freak.

The MMO was Dofus, which I stand by as being a pretty awesome game.

#108 Posted by soimadeanaccount (97 posts) -

@maskedarcstrike: The cardboard packaging with the thick booklet, I think I am missing the map tho.

@reisz said:

@rainbowkisses said:

I have masturbated to video games before.

Pfft, who hasn't. That Cammy sprite, right guys? am I right or what? . . . . . . . . Guys?

Reading this thread reminded me that I once signed up for a Korean MMO using a Korean Social Security Number that I obtained from a Usenet Database.

Not proud.

Clearly the only way to top this is to sign up for a Korean MMO using a Korean social security number and masturbate to that game...which judging from how some Korean MMO characters are designed, might not be too difficulty to accomplish for some.

#109 Edited by Karmosin (219 posts) -

I used savestates to beat SMT3: Nocturne.

I will make up for this one someday though! I will beat it the right way!

#110 Edited by DrIntrovert (81 posts) -

The only way I own any Mega Man games is via the collection that was released for the Gamecube that has jump and shoot reversed and runs horribly.

#112 Posted by medacris (674 posts) -
  • I don't think dating someone over an MMO is weird, because there have been people who got married in person after meeting online.
  • I don't think people who play a character of a different gender than themselves is trying to mislead people. Maybe a few are, but most are just playing whichever gender has better armor choices or they feel most comfortable playing as.

Onto confessions:

• As a kid, a lot of other kids I knew used GameSharks or liked certain games that I hadn't played yet, and they had this "you're not a true gamer unless you like/do [x]" mentality. I was stuck because part of me genuinely wasn't interested in playing certain games, but part of me worried about "gamer integrity". I still haven't caved in for the most part, but I will every so often play a game just because it's been hyped, and sometimes I find I really find it meh. It's usually a good game, just "not for me".
  • I own a cracked PSP because a friend of mine gave it to me for free. The UMD drive broke, and so he modified it so it had a couple of games on the hard drive. I feel bad about it, though, and I do intend at some point to legally buy a PSP and the games I have installed on mine. I just can't afford one right now.
  • There's several games I'm really looking forward to playing from a couple years back that I've never gotten around to, even though they weren't generally well received. I still think they look right up my alley.
  • I'm still hoping for a Quick Look of Poker Night 2.
  • I didn't know of the Persona series until recently, but I am trying to hunt down a copy.
  • I own Psychonauts on PC, but I'm trying to hunt down a PS2 copy as well, because I wanted to play it years ago on PS2 when it first came out, and I never got a chance.
#113 Posted by Elwoodan (868 posts) -

I'm the ultimate final fantasy poser, I own multiple soundtracks/games/merchandise, discuss how awesome the characters and stories are, and swear 6 is the best.

The problem is, I have only played a bit of 7 and Tactics, and Tactics: Advanced is the only one I've beaten. I can never get into the combat of the main games, so I've just watched playthroughs/read wikis to understand what really matters to me: the story.

Also I think the Mass Effect universe is completely flat and uninspired. It just feels like a checklist of alien tropes.

#114 Posted by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

Some guy pissed me off in an MMO so i spent like an entire week devoted to griefing him. It was really petty and immature. This was ages ago though, in Dark Age of Camelot. Felt like a total dick when i heard he switched servers over it.

damn bro

#115 Edited by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

@clonedzero said:

damn bro

Well damn, he said gaming SIN not "well i didn't like this popular game durrr".