Gaming Gap Ahead, Help!

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By sarahsdad

It's not a calamity or anything, but looking ahead at some of the games I've got on my radar, there's a gap through some of March, all of April, and probably some of May.  

The story so far . . .
I've recently finished Assassin's Creed II, and am most of the way through Dragon Age with one of my characters. Between finishing DA, and doing some free-play in AC, I should be able to keep myself busy at least for the next couple weeks until Mass Effect 2 comes out.  
If ME2 absorbs me the way the first one did, I'll probably still be playing it when Splinter Cell comes out in February. 
After that though, the next thing on my to-do list is Alpha Protocol, which is hopefully coming out around May. 

So like I said, not a calamity, but any suggestions for things coming out in that two or three month period that I should maybe check out?  
One or two quick things: 
-I have a hard time with FPS games. I've tried Halo 1 and 3 (weird, I know), two different COD games (World At War and MW1), Bioshock, and a few others. Bioshock probably lasted the longest, but after a while, they just lose me. 
-Maybe I've never given them enough time, but something in my brain just doesn't seem to be able to connect with sports games. 

Thanks in advance for sharing! 
P.S. These would pretty much all need to be on 360; my PC is old enough that running torchlight gives it a bit of a workout.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I would suggest Grand Theft Auto IV if you can balance free roaming and missions.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By EVO

Why does it have to be on 360? Is it the only console you own? If not, there's six generations of video games behind us; perhaps buy an old game.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sarahsdad
@ThePhantomnaut said:
" I would suggest Grand Theft Auto IV if you can balance free roaming and missions. "
I seem to remember having trouble with some of the driving and shooting back in GTAIII; is it much improved in GTAIV?
Also, do you think the DLC is worth the money, or just go for the base game first?
sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sarahsdad
@EVO said:
" Why does it have to be on 360? Is it the only console you own? If not, there's six generations of video games behind us; perhaps buy an old game. "
'Zactly. I've never had the money or the space to really keep more than one system at a time. Technically my ipod touch plays games, so I could get things on that for cheap, but mostly I'm looking for something on a slightly larger screen.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'd suggest using the time to experiment with different genres, just for the hell of it.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sarahsdad
@Video_Game_King: Yeah. It's been a while since I had a racing game. Maybe I'll try out Shift, or Forza.
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By maxszy
@sarahsdad: I would suggest Burnout Paradise if you haven't played it. Its a racing game, yes. Not really a "sport" game. Also...as someone who doesn't play or like traditional racing games, I absolutely love Burnout Paradise and I think it was one of the best games to come out in 2008. You can also find it on the cheap, about $20 for the platinum hits or perhaps cheaper if you dig around used. Its great, a lot of fun, and don't let the fact its a "racing" game turn you off. Its unique. Also there is a lot of play time involved in it so it would definitely get you through some time. Again, I can't recommend it enough!
ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By ki11tank

it will finally give me some time to catch up.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#10  Edited By citizenkane
@slacker4life said:
" it will finally give me some time to catch up. "
Exactly.  Having a GameFly account also works wonders.  I don't know why I didn't start one earlier.
sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sarahsdad
@CitizenKane said:
" @slacker4life said:
" it will finally give me some time to catch up. "
Exactly.  Having a GameFly account also works wonders.  I don't know why I didn't start one earlier. "
Shoot, I don't know if it's just the mail service in my town, but it always felt like I averaged about 2 even half way decent games a month when I tried that. I may try it again some time, but with the way it worked out, it felt like my 20-30 a month was always better spent going to the GS that's 5 minutes away and getting something cheap and used for the same price.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#12  Edited By citizenkane
@sarahsdad:  That sucks.  I have heard stories about games not coming for weeks at a time.  Luckily, one of GameFly's shipping centers is only about 7 hours away from me in Tampa, so I got my first game in 2 days.  I have an other game( InFAMOUS) that is being shipped today, so I'll see it comes here just as fast as the last.
sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sarahsdad
@CitizenKane: that's really cool. Not to derail my own thread ;) but this is about the time in a conversation when I really wish that Netflix or amazon would just buy gamefly and start using all of their shipment centers.
sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sixghost

Metro 2033 looks pretty interesting, that's coming out mid-march.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Player1
@ThePhantomnaut said:
" I would suggest Grand Theft Auto IV if you can balance free roaming and missions. "
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@sarahsdad said:

" @ThePhantomnaut said:

I seem to remember having trouble with some of the driving and shooting back in GTAIII; is it much improved in GTAIV? Also, do you think the DLC is worth the money, or just go for the base game first? "
The shooting system is much improved with the choice of having auto and free aim at the same time or just have free aim. The driving is a bit divisive. Handling is more realistic and requires more thought when turning but if you can get used to breaking, you will be fine. I have no experience with both expansions but I would prefer playing the vanilla game first.
jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

If you have been enjoying Dragon age, the Expansion is coming out in March.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sarahsdad
@wasteguru: Oh sweet. when they announced the mini expansion was delayed, I must have skipped where the bigger pack was given a release date. thank you for the reminder.
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19  Edited By Cerza
sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sarahsdad
@Cerza: FFXIII sounds good, that might be one too many epic length games early in the year. I'm thinking of picking it up in the back half of 2010. I wasn't aware of the Gothic game; I'll probably want to wait for a demo or write up to see how it goes.