Gaming headsets that are Xbox One and PC compatible.

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Because of my schedule most of my gaming time is at night so I want to get a good gaming headset that works on both my PC and Xbox One. Any recommendations you duders have to offer would be greatly appreciated.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By GaspoweR

By the way, do you have a budget for the headsets? I think the new Astro A50's (which are wireless) have an Xbox One compatible version which can also be compatible on PC. I think the only difference is that the Xbox One version has the proprietary adapter for voice chat that connects the headset and controller.

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: I was thinking around $200 being my limit. Also the sound quality in the headphones is more important to me than the mic quality.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathanxplosion: I've been using the A50s on the PC for awhile now and its pretty good. Other than the fact that it's wireless so you do have to recharge from time to time, if you have a longer mini USB cable then you'd be fine if ever you need to recharge it while still being able to use it.

As for other options, I'm not familiar of the newer headsets out in the market that is cross platform with both Xbox One and PC. I think the new Turtle Beach XO Seven Pro headset for the Xbox One has been getting some good reviews and I think it can also work with the PC, too (with an adapter I believe but I'm not sure). Another option is the wired (and cheaper than the A50s) Astro A40s for the Xbox One.

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: Thanks for the recommendations. I'm going to do some more research on the Astro A40s since they're more in my price range.

weevils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Afterglow makes some wired/wireless headsets that are of moderate quality for decently cheap. You can get them for around 100 bucks in my area for a wireless (pc) and wired (console). Sound quality is fine, mic is also decent enough. It's not top of the line but if you're on a budget it'll do.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GaspoweR

@nathanxplosion: BY the way, I'm not sure if the A40s is the same as the A50s in terms of design but since they do look similar, I'm going to assume that they are open air headphones meaning sound at certain louder thresholds can be heard by someone else. Its a bit of an annoying feature to some people especially if you really like your sound especially loud but at a certain volume where you can still hear all the audio while at the same time its low enough that minimal sound escapes from your headphones would be a good compromise.