#1 Edited by Zyper (10 posts) -

What are all the gaming news sites you're currently following? Of course Giant Bomb, but what others do you find interesting?
I'd like to broader my scope to more opinions, I'm currently only jumping on rock paper shotgun for the most part, and they cover things well, albeit they are sometimes rather biased.

Also what individual projects are you guys following? I'm big into this one indie developer, MCeperoG, working on the ever popular "Procedural World", except using voxel studio as his means of making it. I think a lot of these unknown indie developers really need to be in the spotlight because they are the true engineers of new and exciting titles. It's just too bad, especially nowadays, you have just one genre that is "mainstream" on the market :|. 

But anyhow, tell me what gaming news sites/blog sites about games are you following? Also, what projects are you really watching out for?!

#2 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

I just click on N4G and pick out what sounds interesting. Sure, it is a lot of crap to wade through, but I find what I am interested in (and some really bad stuff that is unintentionally funny).

#3 Edited by STUVNING (139 posts) -

http://wire.vgis the only site I need for "news", for opinions/columns I follow loads of sites.

#4 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

Siliconera, Andriasang, Eventhubs/Shoryuken, Neogaf, Destructoid once in awhile, Gametrailers once in a lesser while, N4G once in a blue moon... mmm that's about it.

Can't say I'm following any individual projects at the moment.

#5 Posted by Bishna (334 posts) -

For news I just go to IGN, I am a regular reader of Destructoid, GiantBomb, and I will check out Penny Arcade Report. Also I will read stuff from other places often if it interests me.

#6 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4275 posts) -

Just Giant Bomb, Destructoid, and Joystiq. I go to Giant Bomb for the staff and a bit of eerything, Destructoid for Jim Sterling (don't agree with him that much, but I will fucking stand by my opinion that he has some amazingly good editorials), and joystiq because they seem to have the most news coverage of any of the three.

#7 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

IGN

#8 Edited by MB (11956 posts) -

I don't have the time nor the inclination to visit any other sites. If there is a piece of gaming news that is relevant to my interests, there is a 100% chance that there will either be an article about it or someone will write about it on the forums.

#9 Edited by Zyper (10 posts) -

Interesting seeing that a few people go on Destructoid, and I've never even heard about it... I'll definitely have to check it out!

@STUVNING

said:

http://wire.vgis the only site I need for "news", for opinions/columns I follow loads of sites.

And after a first glance here, I can say that this is amazing! It's like wire does all the legwork for you to bring you ALL the news. 
Thanks people of the internet, I always think it's neat to see what other people are following. (Even though I suppose no one is following any indie / AAA project xD )

(Edit:)@MB said:

I don't have the time nor the inclination to visit any other sites. If there is a piece of gaming news that is relevant to my interests, there is a 100% chance that there will either be an article about it or someone will write about it on the forums.

That is true, Giant Bomb is a rather odd place, considering it has a very good forum community, as well as a good bit of well made opinions/new articles. Usually I only ever see one or the other for just one website.
#10 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

@MB said:

Yep, the boards make up for what GB does not cover. I need no other place.

#11 Posted by cutyoface (541 posts) -

The Penny Arcade Report, Joystiq and Rock Paper Shotgun

#12 Posted by Buscemi (1106 posts) -
#13 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1230 posts) -

Twitter is my news service. I follow RPS, Eurogamer and VG247.

#14 Posted by Savage (316 posts) -
#15 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

I really only follow Giantbomb and Gamasutra. For games I am following I am really looking forward to The Banner Saga. Looks so good.

#16 Posted by Zyper (10 posts) -
@matthias2437 said:

I really only follow Giantbomb and Gamasutra. For games I am following I am really looking forward to The Banner Saga. Looks so good.

Ah yes, I remember seeing The Banner Saga a while back on Rock Paper Shotgun, which was also funded via Kickstarter, just like a lot of indie titles. It looks rather intriguing, and I'm a little bit excited for it and what it promises.
Speaking of Kickstarter, there have been quite a number of games using it to get support, and I've seen some really promising titles on it... Is anyone looking forward to any particular title that has been/ or is trying to be funded by Kickstarter?
#17 Posted by StarvingGamer (7985 posts) -

GB, SRK, PAR

#18 Posted by Zyper (10 posts) -
@Ertard:
 @Ertard said:

Twitter is my news service. I follow RPS, Eurogamer and VG247.

I'm kind of the same way, I usually leave Twitter open in another tab, and I just follow people like RockPaperShotgun, game developers (mainly the "Mojangstas"), and people like Tim Shafer. People really dish out a lot of news, and it's funny to see someone tweet (like Notch) something about his game, and the see a new tweet 30 seconds later where RockPaperShotgun has put up a new article based off that tweet.
#19 Posted by AlexW00d (6180 posts) -

RPS for news and general articles, PC Gamer for more news, Giant Bomb for videos. I don't think I have ever used GB for news or articles tbh.

#20 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

Is there a decent console equivalent of RPS?

#21 Posted by OldGuy (1511 posts) -

In the morning I go to the Gamespot daily updates page, go back one day, click the news and previews tab and skim the headlines (sometimes I even read one of the stories, but the headlines usually tell me what I need to know).

#22 Posted by selbie (1841 posts) -

A bunch of duders i know of have an aggregate news website called VG Press. As for projects, i've been keeping an eye on Infinity: Quest for Earth. A space combat and trading sim mmo that will literally span an entire galaxy.

#23 Posted by JonSmith (169 posts) -

Mostly Giantbomb. IGN on occasion. The Escapist is another I find interesting, if not usually up on news.

#24 Posted by STUVNING (139 posts) -

@Zyper: Yeah, Wire.vg is really useful for staying updated on stuff. It was made by the guy who runs http://nukezilla.com/ which is also a neat site.

#25 Posted by Slab64 (1048 posts) -

Nobody reading the Vox games site yet?

They've assembled quite a Murderer's Row of games journos over there.

#26 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

@Slab64 said:

Nobody reading the Vox games site yet?

They've assembled quite a Murderer's Row of games journos over there.

Damn just clicked that link and this site is ugly as hell. What a mess.

#27 Posted by upwarDBound (654 posts) -

RPGWatch, RPS, Game Banshee mainly. Most general gaming news I get right here on Giant Bomb.

#28 Posted by Slab64 (1048 posts) -

@laserbolts: This is actually the first time I loaded it up, and I thought the same thing. It's a mess.