wpolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wpolly

Hi all,

Considering buying a Sony VPL-HW55ES projector for general entertainment purposes (gaming, movies, etc). Based on some reviews of the projector, it seems to have an input lag that ranges between 26ms and 32ms, just wondering if these values are low enough for gaming on the xbox one and ps4. I have an epson tw9200 and it supposedly has an input lag of 64ms, which makes it quite hard to play fps games like cod and halo.

Please advise.

Thanks!

zokamoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By zokamoka

My TV had input lag of 89ms and I was able to play FPS games just fine, I just got a used W1070 BENQ projector which has lower input lag of 30ish I am very pleased with it even though I didn't find the difference that noticeable.

MasterpinE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seconding the Benq recommendation. I've had a W1080 since release, excellent projector with very low input lag, tested to about 24ms. I throw a 100" screen which is plenty bright in a decently light controlled room. Bulbs last ages and replacements only run about $80 on ebay. Nice thing with the cheap 1080p Benq's is they're very quiet, thoroughly recommended.

Mike17032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I don't have a projector setup, so take this with a grain of salt. But I have done a fair amount of reading.

The Benq seems to be a great entry level projector for gaming, one of the few I have my selections narrowed down too. The Epson 8350 being the other. They are both very low input lag and put out a good picture.

The Sony VPL-HW55ES is several leagues above those projectors in quality, performance, and price. You should expect a much better picture, because you are paying for it. The input lag is higher on the Sony, but not anywhere close to what you would notice unless you are some kind of gaming god.

26ms is far lower than most TVs will give you, I wouldn't expect any issues. And in the TV world Sony is leading the pack in reducing input lag.

Is the Sony worth 3x the cost? It isn't to me, but it is a very well liked projector. I think you will be amazed with it. But if you want a lower cost option don't be afraid to check out the Benq or the Epson.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd likely go with the Benq myself. And with the money you save over the Sony you can buy more media, or do whatever.