WARNING: The race card is not being played as a anti racism cry against avatars that are disliked.
WARNING: This is a discussion about categories of gamers that like different franchise such as Halo, Wii gamers, Final Fantasy, Counterstrike, etc... and how their opinions differ and how players on each side of the fence think the other opinions are relevant/irrelevant.
I just got this post in another thread:
@Romination: OP has Sephiroth as his avatar, I find it hard to take him seriously. That's just me though... "
This is not the first time I have had this, just for the fact that I have mentioned openly that I like Final fantasy, and have liked FF7. It feels that there is a crew that specifically get a thrill out winding fanboys up. I am not a FF fanboy, I appreciate the games but am not made blind by them that I can't see how good anything else is, and frankly I was gaming long before FF7 hit the shelves.
Just because I choose to have one of the most evil game characters as my avatar doesn't mean my opinion is worthless or that I am painted with some fanboy category brush.
This is some of the thoughts that I think people think about when they come accross a FF been fan, that they have:
- Never played anything else,
- They only repeat playing FF7 over and over,
- They only have an opinion on any other game if it promotes FF7,
- They are all Playstation fanboys,
- They are manga fanboys,
- They all cried and self harmed when Aeris died,
- They dress up as FF7 characters regular
- They have turned there flat/house into an exact copy of the highwind
- They only drink out of a glass that says elixir on it
- They try and convincingly explain the existance of Caitsith and that he is a shinra employee and the cat with a mic was a good idea.
I mean is that list why??? because frankly it's bullshit and it's all far from the truth. It's a gamer steriotype.
The thread can be related to other franchises also... i.e. comments ive seen such as "i like Wow".. Answers ive seen regular on MMORPG.com and other forums such as Darkfall "Go back to Wow you noob and play in your themepark noob game easy mode, you cant even understand OUR game never mind discuss it!".. thats the point I wanted to discuss in this thread.. others attutudes towards franchises that seems to brand some gamers.