GAMING RAGE

JACKENSBDAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JACKENSBDAN

I'm seriously pissed off right now, and I'm normally a pretty chillaxed kind of guy. It's been about 7 years since my last rage quit from Kingdom Hearts because of the Ursula boss battle, but Freedom Wars broke that streak with it's final boss that I've yet to beat and probably won"t beat because my Vita is now currently in my trash waiting for me to want to play Persona.

The main reason I'm pissed about the boss is because it's hard from being incredibly unfair, pretty much the complete opposite of a Dark Souls Boss. To put it into context it takes about 20mins to get to the boss, then you start fighting the boss and in the middle an extra 9 1hit kill strong enemies that revive over time get introduced and they all freaking gang up on you while having to dodge more 1 hit kill attacks that track you from the main boss, and as soon as you respawn they kill you again over and over until you fail, it's a mess even to the people that can complete it.

Anyways I got it off my chest and its feeling pretty good so now thats over Give me your best rage moments cause I know theirs some good ones out there

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm pretty sure the end boss to Fracture is impossible. I raged so hard at that game. It's my deepest shame that I've never bet that asshole.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sterling

Assassins Creed III

I pulled the disc out of the PS3 while it was running, broke the disc in half, then each half in half.. Grabbed the case and ripped that up along with the manual. Then proceeded to stomp on all the pieces on the floor while yelling profanities very loudly. My neighbor was concerned and came over to see what the fuss was about. Then laughed at me after I explained.

Why? Because fuck that game! Those bullshit fucked up glitched chase missions. I got stuck in one for like an hour, and it would just not let me get through it. Thinking about it now is almost enough to still induces a murderous rage. I should have buried the pieces in my back yard so I could go spit on its grave right now.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

When I was about junior high, I was playing Republic Commando with my friend (two years younger than me) and his dad.

To understand this, you have to understand that Republic Commando's multiplayer becomes terribly lopsided to whoever has stayed alive, by making it near impossible to whoever respawns to get a weapon that might give them a fighting chance. At least, that's how we perceived it...

His dad got caught in the trap of respawn, pray you get to a good gun, die. Well we unintentinally started beating up on him more than eachother. He got so pissed off, about dying and at the games design, that he slammed the controller down, yelled at us as he walked away and yelled at nothing. He had such high hopes that this would be another fun game to bring us all together, like so many games did at that time, that he was pissed about how this game was frustrating at the multiplayer level.

I have never been so terrified by him in my life... And there was a point that we accidentally got sharpie on a seat of his near brand new truck when we were younger. But this game brought out some demons, i tell you what.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go play I Am Bread. Guaranteed rage.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

BlueFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The nightmare King in Little Nemo The Dream Master was an SOB when I was a little kid. You had limited lives to get throught the game, the last level was hard to the point of being unfair, and I usually only had one life left to try and beat him.

Steel Batalion on original XBox was also freaking hard because if you didn't eject your character died and you had to create a new one and start the game anew. If you ejected then that shiny new mech you spent so much time getting is scrapped and you need to buy a new one.... Usually from a lower tier.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By csl316

One time I was playing Vagrant Story with a highly leveled character, just running around for 3 hours leveling break arts and not healing because I thought I was hot shit.

Then I fell in a hole and lost like 20 health. Usually something to shrug off, but that was my last bit of health because I didn't take 5 seconds to heal anywhere in those 3 hours.

I was incredibly pissed. I didn't lose story progress, but just mindless grinding progress. But the arrogance taught me an invaluable life lesson.

Other than that, the Destroyed Jehuty battle in Zone of the Enders 2 was fucking maddening on higher difficulties. You lose a ton of powers while fighting Anubis and it felt next to impossible.

Oh, and when I was a kid I got the the very end of Gargoyles during the last day of my rental period. I got the last hit on Demona... and the game froze. I never saw the ending until I Youtubed it a few months ago. That game was god damn brutal and the pain of the experience stuck with me for years.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The last time I lost it was Soul Calibur III. Does anyone remember the weird RTS mode from that? It was rough, and I remember I had got almost the whole way through it, but one bass battle was just unreal. Threw my controller at wall, left marks that would stay there for years, and I never played that mode again.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I don't remember if it was God of War 2 or 3, but there's a boss where you've got to mash a button to finish it off (really narrows it down huh?) and I couldn't for the life of me mash this fucking button fast enough. It was the worst. I think I had to end up doing the thing where you put the controller down on your lap and then slide over the button as fast as you can. That one sequence took me like a half-hour to get through.

God, I really don't miss QTE bullshit like that.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ripelivejam

10 or 11 (i forget exactly) and TMNT for the NES.

that shit made me CRY.

that fucking gap
that fucking gap

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O&S fight in Dark Souls is probably the most rage I've ever felt playing a game. Had to shut things down, then came back at like 3 a.m. that same day and beat those bastards after switching up my tactics.

Very close second was soloing the 'protect the chief' mission in the first Dead Island. Google it, it's complete bullshit!

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm currently playing Alice: Madness Returns, and ooooooh boy. It's rare that even the Dark Souls of the world make me flinch or make audible reactions, but I think it's that I like so much of what Alice does, that the horrible design decisions make it that much more infuriating.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cerberus3dog

I don't think what I do is necessarily rage. I lost the majority of my saves in Dragon Age: Origins losing the past 70 hours or so. When I found that out, I exited origins, shut down my computer, sat in my chair staring at my computer screen for a good 5 minutes with a clenched jaw. Like a seething rage. There could have been steam coming off my head for all I know.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZolRoyce

@joshwent: I had to quit Alice halfway through, I couldn't take it, it has gorgeous art design and general atmosphere/world building as far as I'm concerned, but it had so many waves of tedious bullshit enemies. They should have cut the game in half.

Anybody play Shadow of Rome? Hoooooo boy that game is peppered with the bull shittiest segments. I love it, I love the gladiator stuff and some of the stealth stuff is tolerable, allows for a break in the constant action otherwise but hooooooooollllyyyyy shiiiiiiiiit the ending especially, it just goes "Hey, do you like boss fights? BECAUSE WE GOT BOSS FIGHTS!" Up until then the boss's happened as normal in a game, few hours of normal game, then boss.
The end just keeps THROWING them at you, boss, boss, boss, boss, boss, and most of them have multiple health bars and stages it is the wooooooorst.

I think what gets to me most in games though isn't rage quits as much as it is... how could I phrase it... disheartened quits? Boredom quits? Stuff like having a full load of stuff in Minecraft and then some sneaky enemy bops me off a ledge and I fall to my death and it's like.. shit.. my spawn point bed was so far away and I have to go back to get it all and shit, that was my good armor and weapons and maybe I die again on my way there and just, uhg, I need to stop the game for a while and come back later.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I got pretty mad at Unity recently. But I kind of enjoy playing bad game so my rage has kind of calmed down over the years. Also, that Kingdom Hearts boss battle I beat on my first try recently. .

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Brendan

Mirrors Edge, near to the end when I was chasing after that assassin girl. I swore under my breath a bunch and chucked the controller against a couch cushion.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was playing Uncharted 3 around the time it came out. There's an area that involves boats and a ton of pirates.
I had no idea where to go and was getting sniped from everywhere it seemed. After dying about ten times I screamed in frustration and tried to throw the PS3 controller as hard as I could into the corner of my couch, I missed and it flew straight into the wall instead.
Now there's a nice dent in the wall and a permanent white mark on the controller. It still works fine though!

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Grillbar

Call of Duty: World at War

2am, shirtless, sweating in a hot muggy room in the summer, shouting profusely at the endless amount of spawning enemies throwing infinite amounts of grenades with pinpoint accuracy. Fuck that game.

Amen brother. trying to complete that game on the hardest difficulty. i got really far almost to the end of the game, right until where you need to destroy the aa guns in russia. just like you said infinite germans pouring our everywhere, 10'000 granades flying at your face each second. and no cover. plus the if you finally get past that shit and destroy the first one you have to move on with the same bullshit. and then the next. and guess what no fucking checkpoint. even at one point finally got past that got to a checkpoint and died right that second after the text appeared. i was so happy to be done with that shit. until i spawned again and was send back to the previous checkpoint. fuck that game.
and resistance 2 on hardest difficulty as well but at least i manage to complete that

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Corevi
@teoball said:

I was playing Uncharted 3 around the time it came out. There's an area that involves boats and a ton of pirates.

I had no idea where to go and was getting sniped from everywhere it seemed. After dying about ten times I screamed in frustration and tried to throw the PS3 controller as hard as I could into the corner of my couch, I missed and it flew straight into the wall instead.

Now there's a nice dent in the wall and a permanent white mark on the controller. It still works fine though!

Man, that part fucking sucks, and is the only reason I haven't beaten that game on Crushing.

Never thrown a controller at a wall or anything else hard though.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teoball said:

haha I bet that just added to the frustration.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really rage at games. I quit long before I get to that point, or offset my frustration by coming up with increasingly complex and absurd insults to direct at the game. But motorcycle chase missions in GTA games can really get me frustrated. I swear the traffic is designed to cut you off and send you flying at any opportunity, and the missions are timed as such that one accident or wrong turn means starting over. Thankfully they've gotten much more forgiving, especially in GTA5 (the first one that I was able to complete... the others are just too damn annoying at a certain point, as much as I love them).

One time that game rage got the better of me, though: I was 10 years old, and I had gotten the PC version of Super Street Fighter 2. (complete with the soundtrack to the movie! My first explicit album!) At the time, my manic depression had yet to be diagnosed, so I was at the mercy of unchecked extreme mood swings at an age where I couldn't possibly handle them. Long story short, motherfucking M Bison. I absolutely could not beat him. Finally, I lost it. I slammed the power switch on the computer, went out into the kitchen, and just started sobbing and shaking in anger.

Funny thing: The closest I get to raging now is in SF4. Every time Seth whips my ass, I feel a bit of that M Bison anger boiling back up. No other fighting game does this to me, even the notoriously annoying MK bosses.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:
@teoball said:

Man, that part fucking sucks, and is the only reason I haven't beaten that game on Crushing.

Never thrown a controller at a wall or anything else hard though.

It's interesting, because that was my favorite gameplay segment in the game. You're constantly on the move, there's a lot of vertical combat as you climb around, you keep swapping weapons as you go, and the whole thing seemed very free form and improvisational. I wonder how much of that segment's hate comes from the pretty crappy aesthetic of the environment.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Corevi
@csl316 said:

It's interesting, because that was my favorite gameplay segment in the game. You're constantly on the move, there's a lot of vertical combat as you climb around, you keep swapping weapons as you go, and the whole thing seemed very free form and improvisational. I wonder how much of that segment's hate comes from the pretty crappy aesthetic of the environment.

It has nothing to do with the aesthetic of it, I found the ship graveyard to be a cool setting you don't see often in games. It's just that it's a large open area filled with tons of dudes (half of them in armour) with tons of power weapons. It's hard.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, you must have been really angry as even the account you created is in ALL CAPS.

Anyway, to answer your question, I don't rage at games (it's recreation) but damn you Killzone 2...

All these years later I still have not found it in me to go back to beat the last room on the highest (Elite) difficulty to get the one remaining trophy for that game.The entire run-up to that point is relatively manageable but then that last room just gets absolutely ridiculous in its spike of the difficulty. It's one of the few games where (after many hours of attempts) I've eventually thought "Nope! Eff this!"

Just in case you don't remember it...

Loading Video...

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brendan said:

Mirrors Edge, near to the end when I was chasing after that assassin girl. I swore under my breath a bunch and chucked the controller against a couch cushion.

Oh Mirror's Edge, where the highs are so high and the lows make you want to end it all.

Macka1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wacomole: Yep, I hated that Killzone fight. It seriously poisoned my time with that game. Up to that point, I was having quite a bit of fun, but the difficulty spike there really soured me.

@teoball: Yes! That sequence was infuriating! I'm a huge fan of the Uncharted games, and even when the previous two had caused frustration, they had never been as bad as that. Your position is so weak, with little cover and far too many explosive and grenade enemies. Massive rage on that one.

I've hurled some pretty nasty insults at the screen in the various Mario Kart games, when you get hit by a blue shell or some other BS item just before the end of the last race of a championship, ceding victory to the bastard behind you and having to restart the entire cup over again to get the full ranking. Similar issues in other racing games that employ rubberbanding. Why the hell would you put in a mechanic to punish good drivers? It's ludicrous!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:
@csl316 said:

It has nothing to do with the aesthetic of it, I found the ship graveyard to be a cool setting you don't see often in games. It's just that it's a large open area filled with tons of dudes (half of them in armour) with tons of power weapons. It's hard.

Haven't played since launch, I'll have to give it a shot past Hard. I didn't do a Crushing playthrough for 3 so maybe that'll change my perspective.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I raged out pretty hard at Halo 5 last week due to unfair teams. I have a problem from time to time with online games and getting really pissed off. It's a problem I'm trying to work on.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killzone HD for ps3. There is a part where you are being shot by a sniper that is beyond the draw distance of the "fog of war" took me 2 hours and controller to beat it. And I almost hurt my gf with a controller. Bad times.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to be pretty intense about Call of Duty and busted a few controllers through throwing/slamming. I don't really get mad at single-player games (which are pretty much all I play these days)... I either stop playing or take a break if I get frustrated.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@otakugamer: Oh, Call of Duty World at War was sadistic!

I can't tell you how many times i raged because i died by having 5+ bombs at my spot. I was like have they even tested it!

If i peek out of cover i get killed by 2-3 hits and if i stay in cover to recover my health i get buried by bombs from everywhere.

Still, i've beaten it and let me tell you still have not seen hell which is times what you've seen so far. It's called "Heart of The Reich".

The funny thing is the last level is a cake walk :p

davidh219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Games don't really get to me that way, and I love hard games. Stuff like Dark Souls, Ninja Gaiden, etc. I can literally try to beat a boss for hours and still have fun and when I have had enough I give up with a sigh rather than rage. For whatever reason though 3D Dot Game Heroes definitely got to me. It was so long ago I don't remember the details, but it was the only time I've ever thrown a controller in my life. Even though it was at a couch and not a wall I stopped playing it after that. Didn't like feeling that way.

Joe423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Joe423

I remember being very angry when I got all the stray fairies in the snowhead temple on Majora's Mask. My game froze as soon as I got the last one. I don't really get angry anymore though, I just stop playing if I'm getting frustrated.