Each year since 2008 I've tracked what games I've beaten just for the fun of it. It wasn't until 2010 when I added individual goals that I really started to enjoy going back and playing my games the way I used to back when I was a kid. At first it was a few basic goals like beat "insert how many games here", or 100% one game. Since then I started to add weird twists to them such as beating a game that starts with the letter "E", beat a game on three different handhelds, beat a game released before 2006, or beat 20 games on Nintendo systems.
For this year I wanted to further expand upon these resolution goals by making some goals completely off the wall. This time I want to add some more individual game specific goals to see if it's possible to beat games a certain way. Below are a list of Gaming Resolutions I want to achieve for the year 2013:
- Beat an entire Mario game without a power up
- Beat Contra without the Konami code
- Beat Mario Kart 64 on the N64 using one hand (My father managed to achieve this despite having one functioning hand. I want to experience what my disabled father went through to understand how he plays video games.)
- Beat a game in the month I was born in (April)
- Beat the entire Mass Effect trilogy
- Beat 100 games and photograph their end screens as proof
- Go through my retro backlog and finally beat these games for the first time: The Legend of Zelda (NES), Final Fantasy VII (PSX), Persona 3 FES (PS2), Persona 4 (PS2), Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (GCN), Bioshock (PS3), and EarthBound (SNES).
I'm sure 2013 will test my limits, give me plenty of good laughs, and be entertaining from beginning to end! :D
Do you guys have any gaming resolutions for 2013?