#1 Edited by johnbon (93 posts) -

Has this happened? If not lets get on this! Is there even many GB users in Dublin? It would be nice to get together and have a game night. I have organized games tournaments in the Dublin area in the past and its tons of fun. Thoughts?

#2 Posted by supermulletman (14 posts) -

I could be convinced to go to some kind of gaming yoke, no idea how many GB peeps there are about though. What kind of stuff have you organised in the past?

#3 Posted by johnbon (93 posts) -

just small tournaments for sf2 and tekken 3. i dunno if theres some dubliners in this community lets hook this up!

#4 Edited by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

I actually help organise a monthly tournament called Day of Champions, next month we're planning on doing something with Brawl Project M, Tekken the new Mario Kart if you guys would be interested in making it a GB thing.

I haven't made the events page yet, but it'll be in XGC on Liffey Street, and we usually get 20-30 people there. In the past we've done wildcard tournaments for Jackie Chan and Nidhogg and stuff so we could get Windjammers or something.

#5 Posted by Splodge (1328 posts) -

I'm in Kildare, but I'm more than willing!

#6 Edited by Feckhead (21 posts) -

Ahem....howya!

#7 Posted by evanbrau (1162 posts) -

I'm in Dublin! I'm not much use at fighting games (or generally as active on here as I used to be forums-wise) but I'd definitely be up for going to something like this and losing horribly.

#8 Posted by MjHealy (1843 posts) -

I hail from Dublin. While I'm not particularly interested in fighting game tournaments, I'd be down from some local multiplayer business and some drinks.

#9 Posted by cotsygero (1 posts) -

Im in dublin and depending on the day would be able to join this.

#10 Posted by Jesus_Phish (695 posts) -

Story bud. Have ye got 50 cent fera hostil? Naao? No bother bud.

I too come from Dublin

#11 Posted by Grim_Wreeper (24 posts) -

Combo breaker, I'm in Cork.

#12 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

Dubliner here. More of a bleeder than a fighter but I'll wouldn't mind a few pints with some folks.

#13 Posted by Feckhead (21 posts) -

I'll be game jamming in DIT tomorrow at Dublin Gamecraft if anyone else here happens to be going?

#14 Posted by supermulletman (14 posts) -

@Feckhead Cool, I went to one before and made a game about alcoholism and dinosaurs. It was terrible. I'm busy tomorrow sadly.

#15 Posted by Fobwashed (1985 posts) -
#16 Posted by Feckhead (21 posts) -

@fobwashed: You now have three duders from Dublin, Ireland ;)

@supermulletman: Yeah I think that was the first Gamecraft. The one tomorrow is it's second birthday and is on for 22 hours. Should be fun!

#17 Posted by jayc4life (115 posts) -

Would love to go to one of these, but I'm in Letterkenny and a 4-hour bus trip to staying overnight to play videogames doesn't exactly seem like a great use of money. If it was on a Saturday afternoon/evening, I could probably swing it, though.

#18 Posted by RavenholmDX (174 posts) -

Dublin here too! I'd be up for something!

#19 Posted by Refactored (53 posts) -

Just happen across this thread now after seeing the plans for the London meet. Has a Dublin meetup ever been arranged? Cos I would deffo be up for it.

#20 Posted by Humanity (9062 posts) -

Make sure to bring some of that Bucky

#21 Posted by DeadPan (324 posts) -

Hi!

I'm from Dublin! Deffo in on this!

#22 Edited by Refactored (53 posts) -

@johnbon:

There still seems to be some interest in attempting this. Are people that have posted before still up for it? Maybe get it to coincide with the London meet?