GB Crew: 'Jan. has nothing': A List to Call B.S.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

From the last Jar time, jeff seemed to say that he wants to expand the site more. I would hope from that he wants to expand the types of coverage they do as well.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

I haven't read this whole thread or anything, but I do agree they're not quite as hungry as they were when they first started out with Giant Bomb. There's reasons for that sure, but it's still, as the OP put it, a bit of a bummer. I hope they find their second wind in 2014 after a really rough year last year, be it in the form of new staff members with new perspectives or new features that they can get excited about.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#204  Edited By MetalBaofu

@eternalgamer2 said:
I guess you are right in the sense that it would be unfair to ask them to play games on their personal time just to have something to talk about (but I think it's a pretty weird assumption to make that there is no game they could possibly be interested in playing during that time).

Not necessarily that they weren't interested, other reasons too. Not enough time with other things going on, or maybe just not in the mood to play a certain game at the time. I know there has been times when I didn't really feel like playing certain types of games that I might would normally.

With something like Walking Dead, maybe some of them just want to wait until all the episodes are out, for example, and I believe Jeff is on record as not really liking those games. Obviously, I have no idea what they may or may not be interested in, or what they do with their personal time aside from what they mention on the podcast. I was just trying to list some possible reasons for them not getting to play something over the past week/weekend.