GB Extra Life Highlights?

NPfeifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I watched the first two hours and the last two hours of the master GB Extra Life stream (the second 24 hours) and was wondering what were some good highlights I missed in those 20 other hours. I know the archive will be up soon!

darkwingduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Vinny shocking his nuts was pretty great

thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I missed it when Brad played Mario Galaxy, so that will be the first thing I seek out when the archives are up.

Avatar image for nicktorious_big
nicktorious_big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Tool time with VinnCo was pretty great. I also liked all of the pizza shenanigans

Vinny shocking his nuts was pretty great

I missed this part! But heard it was hilarious.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Ramone

Nut shocking was great. The first and last Windjammers sessions were pretty fantastic also.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Let's say somebody out there is making Best of Giant Bomb videos and doesn't feel like sorting through 24 hours of videos this week, would there be anything besides the balls video that would stand out?

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MachoFantastico

Over an 100k for Extra Life, that's a pretty crazy highlight.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RazielCuts

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

Let's say somebody out there is making Best of Giant Bomb videos and doesn't feel like sorting through 24 hours of videos this week, would there be anything besides the balls video that would stand out?

There were some pretty dumb bits during the Halo: Reach segment.

• Jumping over a bridge shouting "HALOOOOOOOOOOO"
  • Everyone team killing each other then Drew finally kicking (in the game, not physically) Vinny because of it
  • Jeff constantly cancelling the countdown when they tried to start missions
  • Vinny getting in a forklift

Also the brief DCS Warthog bit had some gems.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pizza Hut Quick Look was great, and of course Windjammers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf45f7ba45a5
deactivated-5bf45f7ba45a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

|

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jadegl

@ramone: One of my favorite parts of the Halo Reach play through was when they got to the cannon and Vinny said he would shoot at the ships coming in with his battle rifle since he wasn't in the cannon. At that moment, Drew or Alexis shot the cannon and blew up a ship that was in Vinny's crosshairs. Vinny exclaims "Look, I got one!" and I just about died. Great timing and great moment.

The_Vein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: Vinny doing his Tool Time segment to make the Brad Death/Yawn button was pretty funny when he was so freaked out about the Dremel shattering and killing him.

Vinny trying to get his plane started and out of the hangar in DCS while that asshole helicopter sat and stared at him, Drew crashing into them both in his plane. Also Vinny teleporting his plane through the wall of another hangar and getting airborne for like 5 seconds.

Jeff falling asleep and Alexis laughing at him was pretty good. It was also during the DCS segment when Drew and Vinny were getting their planes started.

The fights that Jeff had with the other guys in some shitty Sega fighting game when he was playing the character Goldrock.

Vinny and Drew's attempts at one armed pushed ups.

Jeff making his character a bot in Speedrunners without telling anyone and pretending to play it.

There were more but I'm so tired from watching the whole fucking show I can't remember them right now.

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Kingpk

Did they ever get around to finding dumb stories in WWE 2K14? They were talking about it when I turned in last night.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny.

ashton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

mad that I missed the pizza delivery, but I wasn't able to watch as much on sunday as I was saturday, all I saw was Reach, Rocksmith and Windjammers.

my Brad highlights (that I saw) would have to be his first reaction to hotline miami, ftl and dota 2 (even though i still dont know wtf happens in dota)

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a compilation of Every goal scored in Windjammers might be pretty entertaining.

Or at least the Best plays.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By splodge  Online

@turboman said:

Theres a google doc that resembles a timeline of this silliness, also you could do a best of Pizza Ordering Quick Look alone, that went on for about twenty minutes I think. They also built a button to hit whenever anyone yawned and knocked up a yawn counter. Thats on the list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AksSSD1g00zRdDZ1cUNpUjQtU3Y5SXdkNG9xbjkwelE&disco=AAAAAHAp1sU#gid=0

edit - Also, with some controversy the pizza arrives towards the end of the Halo segment, but WITHOUT THE PIZZA. It's just the sides, and the pizza proper arrives roughly a half hour later.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AMyggen

Someone over at GAF made a Google doc of what happened and when it happened in the office stream, with gifs etc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AksSSD1g00zRdDZ1cUNpUjQtU3Y5SXdkNG9xbjkwelE#gid=0

I found it helpful when I now am going back to watch the hours I didn't get to watch because of sleep and work. Someone will make best of videos of both streams on Youtube, GB has a fantastic community for stuff like that.

Sorry that I can't link it directly, fuck this tablet.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one yet speak of it? Crackgate 2013: the buttcrack scandal was my favorite part.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AMyggen

@turboman: Aside from what others have mentioned, Vinny playing Rocksmith with the guys singing Three(?) songs was pretty awesome, especially since they were tired as hell at that point. I think it's about 22-ish hours into the stream. And there's a number of epic Windjammers matches in those segments if you care to look.

Love your Best Of videos on Youtube btw!

edit: Come to think of it, the best Windjammers moment might've been Vinny (or Alexis? I think it was Vinny) ending Jeff's winning streak at the very end of the stream. The reactions were fantastic, and it's always good to see the underdog win (Jeff was seriously good at that game!).

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zombie2011

The Halo: Reach part was great, all of it imo. The chaos that game provides on the large scale fight was amazing, the best was during the section when they were trying to get back to Swordbase and they were just constantly dying to the Reavers.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked when Jeff chose a 'Bot' as his player in 'Speed Runner'(that might not be the game)

I found it hilarious when Vinny mention Jeff was being more aggressive this round.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

The Halo: Reach part was great, all of it imo. The chaos that game provides on the large scale fight was amazing, the best was during the section when they were trying to get back to Swordbase and they were just constantly dying to the Reavers.

My favorite part of the Reach playthrough was the mission where they had to fly around the city with the Falcons. Drew made that awesome jump and the part where they had to go to that office with the elevators and left Vinny behind had me cracking up.

Jeff: We took both elevators because fuck you.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I had to go to sleep and missed the part when the pizza finally arrived. I swear they waited more than 90 minutes for that pizza.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Shaq Fu

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Ordering $100+ worth of pizza was funny as hell.
  • The Halo Reach playthrough was great
  • Vinny Shocking himself
  • Pushups
  • A bunch of money raised

Seriously, call it unoriginal but I'd love to watch full playthroughs of 4 player co-op games with the GB crew. This livestream and the 4 player QLs (mario, etc.) are always entertaining. Tell me you wouldn't watch them getting obliterated by those reavers in Halo over and over without laughing.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fusion frenzy game that is kind of like DDR where a player inputs button commands and then the other three have to match it, Alexis couldn't figure it out. Laughed my ass off at that one cause no on ever told him. It's around the 17 hour mark somewhere.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By mike

@humanity said:

I had to go to sleep and missed the part when the pizza finally arrived. I swear they waited more than 90 minutes for that pizza.

It was nuts...I went to the gym after they ordered, came back over an hour later and the partial order with NO PIZZA had just arrived. I think it was almost two and a half hours for it to finally show up.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Vinny put the shock game down his underwear or just his pants over the underwear? A thigh shock would hurt a lot too.

Because if it was in his underwear, as we would assume under the spirit of the challenge, are they ever gonna play the game ever again? They'd have to wash it and that might short the game.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last 30 minutes before it ended had some really interesting Windjammers.

seamuspaxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff trying to pull off an evil face during the starting of Streets of Rage 2 was pretty special. Tim and Eric in quality.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

No Caption Provided

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@the_vein said:

Jeff making his character a bot in Speedrunners without telling anyone and pretending to play it.

I can't wait to see this one.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Of course, Jeff's ass, but I don't have a pic. And Rocksmith Sing-a-Long at the end.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Capum15

@cooljammer00: The next like, 10 minutes he had some, I'm guessing like alcohol disinfectant wipes or something? He was wiping down the controllers at any rate.

I just hope they get the archives on the site sometime soon; would love to see the bits I missed, I gotta see the first half of Reach.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I feel like I missed most of the highlights >_<

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocksmith - everything except Muse was pretty great. Drew killed it.

seamuspaxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By seamuspaxman

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

NPfeifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lashe said:

Rocksmith - everything except Muse was pretty great. Drew killed it.

Blasphemy! Muse was great!

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kishinfoulux

Anyone have the exact time they actually order the pizza? And why the hell did it come in two separate orders? So odd.

The WWE stuff was a riot. Those created storylines were fucking hilarious.

Avatar image for tournamentofhate
TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Of course the twitch archive goes corrupt right before the Rocksmith part starts. :(

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course the twitch archive goes corrupt right before the Rocksmith part starts. :(

Ah well, it will be up on the site shortly. Brad said that he hoped to have his stuff up on the site today, so I'm guessing we'll get everything up on the site within this week.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Ok guys, the achives are up here: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/extra-life/

If you have a favorite moment and wouldn't mind sharing it with me, reply to me and give me a tag of where exactly at which video an awesome moment happens. Here's what I'm getting now:

• Look at all of the pizza stuff
  • Vinny shocking his balls
  • End of Halo Reachwas fun
  • WWE stuff
  • Speedrunners bot
  • Tool Time
  • GOLDROCK
AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: The Windjammers matches at the end of the stream were pretty great. Especially Vinny taking down Jeff Windjammers Gerstmann in the last game, which begins about 02.03 into Part 12 of the Day 2 stream.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By emprpngn

I'm glad it was archived on the site. I only got to watch a few hours on Sunday (Last two levels of Reach through Marky Mark), and I'm going to go back and WATCH ALL OF IT.