#1 Posted by Corey_F (18 posts) -

So I have some extra store credit and I cant decide what game to get. My choices are Borderlands 2, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, The Walking Dead, Indigo Prophecy, or I may just pre order Xcom and Dishonored. To many choice and kind of vague I know, but they all seem good. I have a 360 and a Wii.

#2 Posted by Bane122 (786 posts) -

I'd say either Borderlands 2 (if you have friends to co-op with) or Walking Dead. I've heard good things about SH but haven't played it myself.

I don't know how much they're selling IP for but you can get pretty decent copies off of ebay for around $10. Or if you have any kind of decent computer you can grab the unedited release of it off of GoG under it's European name, Fahrenheit. I think it's $10, maybe less.

#3 Edited by TheMasterDS (2052 posts) -

Can you get Walking Dead in a store? I guess if you buy Microsoft Points I suppose. In any case I'd say go Borderlands 2 for now since now is the time to play that game, not later when less people are playing. Walking Dead will always be there. Hell, if you wait you won't have to wait for more episodes to come out, you could just do them all in a row whenever you want.

#4 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Of the choices, I would personally go with the Dishonored pre-order. Borderlands would be my second choice.

#5 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1771 posts) -

Borderlands 2, if you liked the first one. That'll tide you over until Dishonored or XCOM are released. If getting Borderlands 2 might prevent you from getting XCOM: EU on or near launch, then by the gods man, preorder that instead.

#6 Posted by sodacat (214 posts) -

Have you played Borderlands 1? Did you feel that you needed more of that? Then get Borderlands 2.

Walking Dead has stronger storytelling than maybe any other game on the market, but it's still telltale and they still can't program or design worth shit. Shattered memories is interesting, but the way the otherworld works in the game defuses all tension, and no one on the team was interested in using actual psychology in the game so they just copied psychology scenes they'd seen in movies.

#7 Posted by Draugen (640 posts) -

You will buy The Walking Dead. You WILL buy The Walking Dead!

Or else I'll lose all respect for you, and punch you.

#8 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -
@TheMasterDS: You can buy a code for it at my Gamestop.
#9 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

The correct answer is FTL.

You have your orders, now march.

#10 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Those are some weird-ass choices, but hey, who am I to judge. By now, Indigo Prophecy shouldn't be very expansive. I'm pretty sure you can squeeze it in your budget. As for Borderlands 2... it's just more Borderlands. If it's what you want, go for it.

#11 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

Borderlands 2 or Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

#12 Posted by OldGuy (1552 posts) -

@Viking_Funeral said:

Borderlands 2, if you liked the first one. That'll tide you over until Dishonored or XCOM are released. If getting Borderlands 2 might prevent you from getting XCOM: EU on or near launch, then by the gods man, preorder that instead.

This man/woman/robot/dog (it's the internet, you never know) speaks truth. You should obey.

#13 Edited by BoG (5187 posts) -

Find some way to turn that store credit into FTL. It's the most fun I've had gaming all year. Either that, or wait for XCOM.

#14 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

XCOM (singleplayer mainly, has really tough difficulty settings if that's your style), Torchlight 2 (el-cheapo, diablo like and has co-op) or Borderlands 2 (has co-op, fun to loot stuff) if you have someone to play with that doesn't stress you out.

I recommend that you just watch the Walking Dead episodes on Youtube, there are some good playthroughs there and it'll give you the story and choices.

#15 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1633 posts) -

@BoG: steam cards, my man! steam cards!

#16 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1771 posts) -

@OldGuy said:

@Viking_Funeral said:

This man/woman/robot/dog (it's the internet, you never know) speaks truth. You should obey.

I'm a sentient robot dog that chooses to live like a woman. I'll thank you for respecting my life choices.

#17 Posted by ajamafalous (11963 posts) -

Torchlight II

#18 Posted by UitDeToekomst (709 posts) -

if i were in your shoes, and could only get one of those items, i'd go XCOM preorder without pause, if you think you'll have the funds to get it when it comes out anyway then i'd go Borderlands 2. i'm playing single-player and enjoying it quite a bit. i'd steer clear of Walking Dead, but just because i'm not overly fond of the genre and despise anything with zombies in it and a horror motif.

#19 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

XCOM pre-order. Or just get Torchlight 2.

#20 Posted by Franstone (1111 posts) -

All of them?

If getting something this weekend prevents you from getting XCOM or Dishonored I'd hold off for either of those.

If not, Borderlands 2.

And XCOM and Dishonored.

#21 Posted by Levius (1113 posts) -

Out of the choices given, one of the pre-orders. But hey I'm one of the outliers hates Borderlands.

#22 Posted by MEATBALL (3197 posts) -

Silent Hill Shattered Memories is amazing!