• 195 results
DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By DeadPan

Now that Jeff is free to do other things i would love to see GB hire him/have him on the Bombcast regularly. He was awesome on it this week. I dunno if thats a thing that either side would want! but i would love it

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nah.

Jeff Green should do his own thing.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Come on, haven't we learned that Giant Bomb doesn't just hire their friends, just at look at the whole Matt Rorie situation, wait...

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Don't think they have the money to hire anyone else.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Sure, if they were both interested, why not? Jeff Green kicks ass. I bet he could quick look the shit out of video games.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given the various mumblings, I'd be more concerned about losing anyone in the near future based on finances or drifting priorities.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AMyggen

@huser: What mumblings? Jeff & co joking around about meetings and Budgets? I wouldn't read too much into that tbh.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Ramone

@cale said:

Consider they couldn't pay Patrick enough to start a family in California, I doubt they could manage to bring on someone like Jeff.

As far as I know, Patrick didn't move for financial reasons.

jazz_hop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently Jeff Green said on his black mesa stream that Giant Bomb would be his dream job!

Hnnnnnnnngggggg!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11 MattyFTM  Moderator

I always find it weird that people jut assume Giant Bomb has an infinite budget and can just randomly decide to hire people on a whim.

JRock3x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

that podcast has been missing a true host since Ryan passed. At the risk of sounding insensitive, I immediately thought of Rich Gallup to be the new face of Giant Bomb (Jeff for whatever reason seems reluctant to really take on that role) but it also seems Rich has moved on to other things in his life.

I don't think Jeff Green is the answer. Not a culture fit.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By development

Nah.

Jeff Green should do his own thing.

jazz_hop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrock3x8 said:

that podcast has been missing a true host since Ryan passed. At the risk of sounding insensitive, I immediately thought of Rich Gallup to be the new face of Giant Bomb (Jeff for whatever reason seems reluctant to really take on that role) but it also seems Rich has moved on to other things in his life.

Vinny is a god tier host, I would love it if Jeff allowed vinny to host every week, no offence to Jeff he's good too.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

That would be really awesome but I doubt it happens.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@ramone said:

@cale said:

Consider they couldn't pay Patrick enough to start a family in California, I doubt they could manage to bring on someone like Jeff.

He did mention the cheaper cost of living as a factor in his move back

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By InternetDotCom

Giant Bomb should sign LeBron James

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I know the possibility is low for that to happen, but a man can dream, can't he?

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RazielCuts

@mattyftm: But we know they're looking right? I think Jeff has even said in the past he'd like to hire more people, it's all about finding the right fit. Well, and having the budget to. Even before Ryan passed they were looking and now...yeah.

Obviously they can't get someone completely new out of the blue because the community are semi adverse to change, I mean it took people a while to adapt to Patrick and in the dark corners of GB some people still haven't. So someone like Jeff, or Danny O'Dwyer (make it so) would be a good fit. I'm just not sure if you're Jeff though would you really want to be under someone? I mean he's been in the biz a long time, he knows how to run his shit.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen said:

@huser: What mumblings? Jeff & co joking around about meetings and Budgets? I wouldn't read too much into that tbh.

Yeah, budget meetings happen towards the end of every year. If they didn't, they wouldn't have budget. It's certainly nothing to be concerned about.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@scrawnto said:

@amyggen said:

Yeah, budget meetings happen towards the end of every year. If they didn't, they wouldn't have budget. It's certainly nothing to be concerned about.

I don't know about any remarks regarding staff cutbacks, but there's definitely been several cases where Jeff has been explicit about saying they have no budget for additional hires. They could always receive additional budget at some point, of course.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22 MattyFTM  Moderator

@razielcuts: They've casually mentioned that they'd like to hire more people, sure. But Jeff has also said that they don't have the budget to hire anyone.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if he changes his name to Geoff. For datebase reasons.

ValeYard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see Jeff more involved in GB. Of course, the employment policies of GB pertain to many concerns us users aren't aware of, money, behind-the-scenes stuff. I like how Jeff (Gerstmann) is always very professional and keeps that kind of thing to himself.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be too many Jeffs and would cause massive confusion in forum posts and comments.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By wjb

@jrock3x8 said:

Jeff Green did host a fairly popular podcast in his day.

I always shake my head when threads like these pop up, but yeah, if they were ever going to hire someone, I'd rather they pick someone they already got along with. It's such an entertainment, chemistry-driven industry, so if they ever felt the need to hire someone new, I don't know if some fresh-faced 22-year-old who was a member of the forums would work. Maybe? But I'd rather they hire a colleague like Jeff Green than someone who secretly wishes they were BFFs with Vinny or Jeff. I know that is just hiring the same people over and over so no one new gets in, but that is what I personally want.

OR JUST HIRE A BASKET FULL OF PUPPIES, I DON'T KNOW.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By clumsyninja1

I rather have the Sass that Jeff Green, although he's pretty awesome.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RazielCuts

@mattyftm: But I mean, I gather Whiskey Media were hurting for money/ wanted an exit plan so they sold off all the sites but if CBSi aren't going to push some new things forward, I.E make some new hires, why did they buy GB in the first place? It's always seemed like Jeff has had this master plan of 'oh, it's going to be great you guys, just you wait' and then I feel the site just hit a rut since the acquisition.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tycobb said:

That would be too many Jeffs and would cause massive confusion in forum posts and comments.

I now want a video of a Gerstmann/Green vs Shoemaker/Muir doubles tennis match.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tycobb said:

we couldn't even call him Jeff G!

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vuud

Is Giant Bomb big enough for TWO Jeffs?

Seriously, if not as a full time employee, at least try to rope him in as a guest as much as possible.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Budwyzer

Adam Sessler

or Robin Williams

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I were a betting man, I would bet we get a new person hired to Giant Bomb in the next year. Something about my hunch on it all just makes too much sense, and with the unfortunate passing of Ryan.. well, there's a salary that's no longer being paid, you know? Jeff's been mentioning time and again he's wanted to make more hires, and budget meetings are going on right now, from what we've heard. I have to imagine he's bringing it up, and there's been no other person right now more glaringly obvious for a hire than Green.

However, I'm not a betting man, so who knows. I would personally rather Green do his own thing, since I find this weird desire people have that Giant Bomb hire everyone everywhere a little offputting. Besides, I just like this crew being who they are, and being small.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert said:
@tycobb said:

Jeff Green and Brad Muir are the Fake Diesel and Fake Razor Ramon of Giant Bomb.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By personandstuff

He's probably be a good fit. And really, GB needs to hire someone within the next year or so or they will be in danger of no longer existing.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

He should fly over and join us at GiantBomb UK.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wouldn't mind seeing more Jeff Green.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

If it is at all feasible (or becomes possible) in the future I think Jeff Green would be a practically ideal candidate. Other than the current GB crew and Greg Kasavin there's no one who has covered games that I respect as much as him. Highly skilled, informed and, most importantly, very funny and entertaining with a lot of personality.

I hope he'll at least be able to make frequent appearances. He's just so fucking good at just about everything I've seen him do. Having him at GB full-time would undoubtedly be excellent!

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wjb said:

@bbalpert said:
@tycobb said:

Jeff Green and Brad Muir are the Fake Diesel and Fake Razor Ramon of Giant Bomb.

I rescind my comment about a doubles tennis match in favor of a tag team wrasslin' match.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen said:

Mostly correct mumblings, but the wrong party concerning finances and drifting priorities. Those would be the Bombcast crew, not CBS, only getting older with more personal responsibilities.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much everyone wants it to happen and it would benefit the site greatly, but I doubt CBSi is willing to pay whatever Jeff Green costs. They are keeping Giantbomb on a tight budget leash anyway it seems.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@wjb said:

@bbalpert said:
@tycobb said:

Man fuck fake Razor Ramon. I hate that guy and his fat head.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By huser
@amyggen said:

@scrawnto said:

@amyggen said:

I think they've been consistent with the idea of the size of their crew being what it will be for the near future. My comment was not about CBS' commitment to GB, but a member of the Bombcrew moving on, when talking about finances and drifting priorities.

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RuthLoose

@personandstuff: You have any evidence or rhetoric to back up that statement? It seems like Giant Bomb stands the best chance of surviving the great war of traditional gaming press versus the Internet streamers due to that being baked into this website.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramone said:

@cale said:

And we all know that Chicago is one of the finest cities in America. It is beautiful and a great place to start a family. They don't call it Chiraq for nothing.

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46  Edited By triviaman09

@ramone said:

@cale said:

Giantbomb is also based out of SF which is literally the most expensive city in the US (more expensive than even NYC).

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While Jeff Green is a wonderful person and I love him dearly, I don't think taking a downgrade from EIC for 1UP / CGW or Director of Editorial and Social Media is the right career move for a 52 year old man who is putting his daughter through college.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ruthloose: He hasn't, but people have been saying stuff like that for years now. When CBSi bought GB, there were a number of people both here and on GAF who thought the site would more or less be done within a year. That hasn't happened. I think speculating about stuff like this does no good: We don't know shit about what's going on behind the scenes, and it'll only cause stress for us as fans of the site :)

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TyCobb

@wjb said:

@bbalpert said:
@tycobb said:

Man fuck fake Razor Ramon. I hate that guy and his fat head.

I still love the fact that Fake Diesel is Kane.

JRock3x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gerstmann is the undisputed star of Giant Bomb but he doesn't create narratives the way Ryan would and they need someone to do that.