GDC '09 Hopes & Expectations

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

Hello all. It's GDC next week. That means we might get some new little tid-bits of information regarding our favourite hobby.

What do you people want to hear about?

For me:

Nintendo

• Punch Out!! media blow out. New trailers, new gameplay, details, etc. I want to know about Punch Out!! Wii dammit, it's out soon so it has to be there.
  • Pikmin 3. We know they're making it so it would be lovely to find out some new stuff about Captain Olimar's latest outing.
  • Wii Motion Plus release date. I don't know about you guys but those Tiger Woods 10 videos got me super excited about the Wii Motion Plus. It genuinely looks awesome, something the Wii should have been all along, yes, but no less exciting because of that. Genuinely super-stoked for EA's new tennis and Tiger Woods game so long as the actual peripheral comes out in time.
  • Zelda/Mario teaser. Something to tide us over in E3. I doubt they are going to come out and announce a new Zelda or Mario at GDC but, it would be wicked to get perhaps a title and a screenshot/10-second teaser video perhaps.

Microsoft (I'm not a 360 owner but the following interest me)

• Killer Instict. It seems like an E3 announcement but I would absolutely be stoked to hear Rare announce a new Killer Instict game. I think we all know it's pretty much going to happen, and probably this year, so I hope an announcement drops at GDC.
  • Alan Wake. When I did own a 360, I was super, super excited about Alan Wake. That was maybe 3 or 4 years ago and I still don't know anymore about the game than I did then. They have to show something at some point, right?

Sony

• Ratchet & Clank Future 2. Insomniac Games are going to be at GDC announcing some Resistance 2 DLC packs. I'd love them to drop a Ratchet & Clank announcement while they're there. We know they're working on it thanks to Quest For Booty, and we can sort of assume where it's going to drop story-wise, so now it's just a case of seeing that game and getting a confirmation that it'll be out this Christmas. Innuendo title suggestions on a post-card please.
  • Heavy Rain. I want to know so much more about Heavy Rain. The game sounds exactly like it's going to be right up my alley. I loved Indigo Prophecy (/Fahrenheit) and conceptually this game sounds like, well, a wet-dream in video game form. I just really want to hear more about the plot and gameplay. I also want them to remind me it's out in 2009.
  • Uncharted 2/God Of War 3. Just some more screenshots or a new trailer would do me for this games. Save the blowout for E3, I'd just like an update on their progress.
  • Fat Princess release date. Correct me if I'm wrong but I was certain this game was supposed to come out in March. Could Sony confirm?
  • MAG. Is it still in development and how is it shaping up? What's it all about? How's it going to work? How's it progressed since E3? Etc.
  • LittleBigPlanet. I'm ready for some more Media Molecule created level-packs. The Metal Gear Solid pack was brilliant and I'd love to see some Killzone 2, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, Motorstorm, whatever, some themed download packs with some new gameplay type tweaks. The paint-gun from the Metal Gear DLC really enhanced the game, I'd love to see what they're working on now.
  • Firmware 2.7 & Playstation Home. There have been a lot of rumours about Firmware 2.7 and I wouldn't be surprised if Sony announced it, detailed it and then subsequently rolled it out during GDC week. Would love to see better trophy comparisons, more detailed profiles, that kind of thing. Also quicker loading of the XMB during a game would be one of my big wants. As for Playstation Home, would just like to see some new plans for extending it, what they have lined up etc.
  • PSP games. This Motorstorm PSP game is meant to push every last inch of the system so I hope they show gameplay of that, it's sounding quite awesome. Would love to find out more about the new Rockband and LittleBigPlanet PSP games, and perhaps they'll have some more PSP related announcements? They seem to have "remembered" the system just now, and are really pushing it, so that's awesome.

Third Party

• What's Hideo Kojima up to? Is he making a new Metal Gear game? Is he doing something else? Will it be on 360, PS3, both, or iPhone, etc.
  • Bayonetta. I can't be the only one that thinks this game looks rad, but even if I am, I'm totally excited for it. It looks great; new trailers, etc would be welcome.

And that's it really. I'm not entirely sure who's going to be at GDC, so at the end of the day this is a wish-list more than anything. I doubt we'll get anywhere near this number of announcements, but hey whatever, I think we can safely assume there will be at least one or two "big deal" things to come out of GDC and that's relatively exciting.

So, anything particular you're keeping an ear out for?
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By BiggerBomb

I want to see more on Prototype....

Yeah, that's about it. I'll be epically disappointed if it isn't shown off! =/

Avatar image for luckywanderdude
LuckyWanderDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By LuckyWanderDude

I'm looking forward to the indie games summit and pretty much anything else involving independent games.

Avatar image for parrapatehrappa
ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ParrapatehRappa

Half-Life 2: Episode Three.

Please for the love of all that is good! Give us an Episode Three teaser. I don't care how short or how lacking it is, I just want to see something from Valve regarding the Half-Life series.

Sigh....just going to keep wishing.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead

Oh, Alan Wake! I need to know about what's going with that.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By atejas

Ico 3!
Diablo 3 confirmed for '09!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
ParrapatehRappa said:
"Half-Life 2: Episode Three.Please for the love of all that is good! Give us an Episode Three teaser. I don't care how short or how lacking it is, I just want to see something from Valve regarding the Half-Life series. Sigh....just going to keep wishing."
Yeah, I want to see this too.

I also want to see some Duke Nukem Forever. They've got to be getting ready to release that game soon. I just can't see how they can afford to keep it in development much longer.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb
HandsomeDead said:
"Oh, Alan Wake! I need to know about what's going with that."
*Cough*Vaporware*Cough*
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I want Sony to announce a price cut for PS3

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Ma7moud

I really want to know about Peter Molyneux's new project and a God Of War 3 Gameplay video.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By get2sammyb
atejas said:
"Ico 3!Diablo 3 confirmed for '09!"
Goodness gracious me, how I could I forget Ico 3? Aren't Team Ico confirmed to be making the journey for a conference or something?

daniel_beck_90
said:
"I want Sony to announce a price cut for PS3 "
It'd be nice, and is very possible, but they've just readied a SKU with Motorstorm and Fall Of Man at $399 so it's looking unlikely. Of course there are tons of rumours saying the opposite. It would be nice for all the consumers sitting waiting to pick up a system.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By StarFoxA

Chrono Cross re-release, please! I never got to play it on the PSX, and there aren't any good Mac PSX emulators, so I would buy a re-release in an instant; even if it was on Wii.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Diamond

Not much of what's already announced excites me.  I'd like to see new game announcements.