#1 Edited by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

This thread has been created on behalf of the Giant Bomb Gears Of War 3 Community Thread, if you would like to participate in future game night events and you haven't already posted your information in the Community Thread, please do so. I regularly check the members list so if I notice someone posting here who I don't recognise I'll send a PM your way asking for the necessary details.

We don't have any hard rules or requirements other than to act sensible:

• Microphones/Headsets - Preferred but not required. (You'll be playing with a friendly bunch so I recommend if you have one, you make use of it.)
  • Time zones - Open to all.
  • Community Game Night Account - GBG3 Game Night.

If you would like to add an actual Giant Bomb user and you want to know their information, check out this list of all the Gears Of War 3 community members.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IRC Information:

To access the server visit http://webchat.quakenet.org/ or use a software IRC client such as mIRC.

Type in a Nickname (Ideally your GB username or Gamertag) and in the 'Channels' field type #gbcommunity

You need:

• ...help unlocking that one awesome mutator?
  • ...help tackling the Horde on Insane?
  • ...a team to play ranked?
  • ...a Wingman
  • ...3 users to play campaign?

Whatever your looking for, jump on the channel and see if you can find some like-minded individuals to play with.

On the night it will be used to aid us in forming groups, choosing modes etc.

Game Night this Saturday

Starting at:

• 14:00 PST (2pm)
  • 15:00 MST (3pm)
  • 16:00 CST (4pm)
  • 17:00 EST (5pm)
  • 22:00 GMT (10pm)
  • 23:00 CET (11pm)
#2 Posted by Slayeric (251 posts) -

Gonna be great!

#3 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Looking forward to it!

#4 Posted by PatVB (310 posts) -

Awesome, I can't wait! I need some people to play Horde with!

#5 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5117 posts) -
#6 Posted by WJist (311 posts) -

I'm in! Would love to play with some duders!

#7 Posted by LiquidSwords (2739 posts) -

Mega down for this!

#8 Posted by Diablochicken14 (114 posts) -

Sweet I'm game!

#9 Posted by Creamypies (4012 posts) -

Sounds good to me!

#10 Edited by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Looking forward to it.
Just don't be surprised if I am kind of bad.

#11 Posted by g6065 (270 posts) -

Sounds Great!

#12 Posted by Clubvodka (410 posts) -

Can't wait for this.

#13 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -

That banner seems a little big, no? 

#14 Posted by guiseppe (2833 posts) -

Would love to play with some fellow bombers :).

#15 Posted by DonChipotle (2655 posts) -

I am totally going to volunteer for being a CST leader. Depending on the day, of course, but if it is on a Friday or Saturday I have no problem hosting for long periods of time.

#16 Posted by Sauson (560 posts) -

I sent a friend request to Giantbomb Gears. I'll be a "leader" if you need me, I'm on EST.

#17 Posted by Vinny_Says (5630 posts) -

Gonna 50 waves on insanity with my super reload mutator. Anyone down?

#18 Posted by Afroman269 (7388 posts) -

All of the Gears centered community contributions have been fantastic.

@Enigma777 said:

IT'S NOT BIG ENOUGH!

#19 Posted by AsherV20 (62 posts) -

This sauce? It is awesome.

#20 Posted by HadesTimes (793 posts) -

Sounds great, I'm definitely down for some Horde mode!

#21 Posted by mastrbiggy (229 posts) -

sounds good

#22 Posted by DazzHardy (629 posts) -

This may actually tempt me to break my hard and fast NO MICROPHONE rule for 360 games. Provided of course I can FIND said microphone. I know it's in this building somewhere, most likely in this very room, but that could be factually inaccurate.

#23 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

@Enigma777: The banner for both this and the community thread are still works-in-progress. I will be playing around with size changes when I get the chance, so I might end up making it smaller...

@Afroman269 said:

All of the Gears centered community contributions have been fantastic.

@Enigma777 said:

IT'S NOT BIG ENOUGH!

... or I'll make it bigger.

The original is a good 1920 pixels wide I think, that should do :)

#24 Posted by karatetron (689 posts) -

I'm in!

#25 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

@DonChipotle: Great stuff. Exactly what we need, thanks.

I'll be compiling a 'Leader List' for the OP once we've got a few more volunteers.

#26 Posted by GhettoBond (66 posts) -

I'm totally in for this community thing. I may not be committed enough to be a full blown leader for my timezone, but whenever I'm on, I'll be sure to send out invites to anyone on the GB friends list.

#27 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

@GhettoBond said:

I'm totally in for this community thing. I may not be committed enough to be a full blown leader for my timezone, but whenever I'm on, I'll be sure to send out invites to anyone on the GB friends list.

Leaders is probably the wrong word so we might change that, but as a 'leader' your duty is really just to be online for people to play with - sort of as a safety net for when no one else is available.

We need some users to always be online so people don't miss out, but it's not possible to have one single user on for that entire time so we'll have these 'leaders' (or whatever we end up calling them) switching in and out throughout the event.

We're hoping to get more leaders than we actually expect to need to be on the safe side so if your at all willing to volunteer that would be fantastic. If not, no worries.

#28 Posted by myketuna (1631 posts) -

Depending on the date and other circumstances (homework assignments, prior engagements), I could totally be one of the leaders for CST/CDT. Even if I do have homework, if this becomes a regular thing and it turns out to be awesome, it might even give me a reason not to procrastinate. Which would be an event.

#29 Posted by GaspoweR (2509 posts) -

@IkariNoTekken: I think "HOST" would be more apt.

#30 Posted by Pomeroy (101 posts) -

Once we all kinda get to know the people in and outside of our timezone, could we get some vs. going? I just think the TNT proved playing with not-so-random people can be really hilarious and fun.

To end with a positive...I AM PUMPED to play with people who will actually get my references.

#31 Posted by Pomeroy (101 posts) -

@DazzHardy said:

This may actually tempt me to break my hard and fast NO MICROPHONE rule for 360 games. Provided of course I can FIND said microphone. I know it's in this building somewhere, most likely in this very room, but that could be factually inaccurate.

Dude, you gotta. I will not accept beginning a game and not hearing everyone say GLHB.

#32 Posted by Creamypies (4012 posts) -

Looking forward to it!

#33 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

@GaspoweR: I've actually gone through and removed all mentions of leaders, and removed all sense of it being a high commitment as I know some people felt like it would be a lot of work.

#34 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

Just gone through and edited the recent informational piece, removing all mentions of leaders, and removing the sense of it being a high commitment as I know some people felt like it would be a lot of work.

I can't emphasise enough that its just about creating a constant stream of online players so that no one misses out on the event. If your gonna be online on the night and you have the community Xbox account in your friends list your more than half way there. Just be willing to play with anyone online and try to look out for players who aren't in already in groups, that's all it takes.

#35 Posted by BugHunter (15 posts) -

I could host a CST game depending on the day.

#36 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Community GT is full, btw.

#37 Edited by AMxKaOtIcDeV (33 posts) -

Count me in on this.

Gahh, friends list full =/.

#38 Posted by dubs (43 posts) -

i'm in, gt: duberto

#39 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

@benjaebe: Thanks for the info, been busy so haven't been on GB for a few days. Now I'm back everything's has gone completely hectic.

I'll create a second GT right away.

#40 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

@AMxKaOtIcDeV: Second account set up here.

#41 Posted by YoThatLimp (1818 posts) -

I am into this, GoW3 has lost my interest due to having 0 friends who play this on a regular basis, bah!

#42 Posted by AMxKaOtIcDeV (33 posts) -

@IkariNoTekken

Just replied to your pm with my info, count me in.

#43 Edited by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

That's right, as Game Night is now 2 weeks away I have made a last minute decision to set up a surprise event. I know many of you are just itching to play and this also takes advantage of the big head mode weekend that Epic has set up.

I think the banner does a decent enough job of explaining everything - no real pre-arrangements just come online during the 4 day event, join up with some GB users and go from there. If you do happen to have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Add the new GBG3 Game Night account if you wish to participate in the surprise weekend event - The friends list will be cleared Tuesday 11th so it can be re-populated for the Friday Game Night.

As a sample of the madness that we can expect from Big Head Mode I leave you with this video: (WARNING: Fairly loud intro, so turn volume down!)

#44 Posted by MelficeVKM (160 posts) -

Sounds great, count me in! Only know a couple people who play this, anyone up for some fun send me an invite.

#45 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

How about we play like....Dark Sector instead?

#46 Posted by AMxKaOtIcDeV (33 posts) -

Count me in for the big head event.

#47 Posted by akeripper4 (148 posts) -

the big head thing sounds very nice indeed, im game

#48 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

Game Night on Friday the 14th will start at 6pm GMT.

Its daylight saving here in the UK so GMT is off by an hour which might make it a little harder to work out what time that is for you, so heres the run down for the American players:

• Atlantic Daylight - 2pm
  • Atlantic Standard/Eastern Daylight - 1pm
  • Eastern Standard/Central Daylight - 12 midday
  • Central Standard/Mountain Daylight - 11am
  • Mountain Standard/Pacific Daylight - 10am
  • Pacific Standard - 9am

If your time zone is not listed above and you want me to help work out time differences for you, let me know.

It's early for US players I know, but obviously its up to you when you choose to come online. Being set at 6pm caters to several GMT/GMT+ users so they don't miss out, and making sure as many people as possible get to play is what matters the most.

~

DON'T FORGET: Surprise event starts tomorrow. Make sure you jump online to pop some heads.