• 75 results
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By ZimpanX

Hard to tell, but since the first Gears was way better than Fall of Man, Resistance 2 needs to be a hell a lot better better than its predecessor than Gears 2 needs to be.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Banjo: Nuts and Bolts, Infintite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, Fallout 3, VP2, and Fable 2.
All better games coming out near the same time that will be better than both.

deboer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By deboer

I've got a PS3 and a 360, so I might buy both. But I am more excited for Gears of War 2 by a mile. If you ask me, Resistance 1 was extremely over-rated.

jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By jonano

how can you compare gear of war2 and resistance 2 they are two very different games gears is a third person action game with a cover system with little run and gun action more like a stop start shoot game while resistance is a fps with vehicles  massive online mode

anyway id pick gears because im so sick of fps theres too many and most of them are the same space marine on a planet a couple of unfortunet events happen then the planet is saved i know thats in gears but it almost looks like the humans are going to lose the fight and they really convey the sence that there really is a struggle more than other games like halo3 for example

pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By pikastar

Gears of War 2. I enjoyed the first one.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Dont overhype Resistance 2 it will be good but 60 players hasnt worked on consoles yet so we will see. But both will be great games but dont call biased reviewers when resistance 2 doesnt do as well since their all giving it great previews.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
"Dont overhype Resistance 2 it will be good but 60 players hasnt worked on consoles yet so we will see. But both will be great games but dont call biased reviewers when resistance 2 doesnt do as well since their all giving it great previews."
40 players worked perfectly, so I don't see why 60 wouldn't. :P But we'll see, beta in late September! :D
Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ma7moud
Sentry said:
"HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
"Dont overhype Resistance 2 it will be good but 60 players hasnt worked on consoles yet so we will see. But both will be great games but dont call biased reviewers when resistance 2 doesnt do as well since their all giving it great previews."
40 players worked perfectly, so I don't see why 60 wouldn't. :P But we'll see, beta in late September! :D"
Resistance 1 online was overcrowded.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ma7moud said:
"Sentry said:
"HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
40 players worked perfectly, so I don't see why 60 wouldn't. :P But we'll see, beta in late September! :D"
Resistance 1 online was overcrowded."
I'm assuming you don't know much about R2s 20p MP? That's why they have included the new squad mechanic, they call it 'battles within battles', making you feel part of a war, but still feeling organized, not just a frag fest. :P
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By pause422

I've seen and heard plenty about it, it will work great, the option will be there to look for it if you just want a huge crowded frag fest, but its going to stay organized by default.

I'm looking forward to both pretty equally, as in there are other games i'm looking forward to more than both... Gears multiplayer really has to change my mind though, I said gears specifically because that was the more hyped up game(gears 1I mean). The first one became completely broken and turned into something even Cliff said "yeah, we fucked up" to in response. I've seen good things so far, plenty of needed improvements that look like its going to make it great, but also one specific thing now that can break the entire game if it gets done enough.

Anyway, both games are going to be great , for me anyway, just not the biggest thing I'm looking forward to on either end.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Systech

Probably Gears of War 2, because it just seemed more "together" at E3 than Resistance 2.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I'm thinking Insomniac will jump on the Lemming bandwagon & multi-platform Resistance 2. So no reason to worry about the PS3 variant. :)

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By pause422

you would be thinking way wrong then. Halo or Gears have an equal chance of being multiplatform as resistance, as in none, in the next 5+ years at least, and probably still not then.

Bomber41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Bomber41

this is stupid because there two different games. u should buy both. this is a reason why u should buy a 360 and PS3. All u fanboys need to get a life. There not even in competion. Gears uses a cover system. Which means it would be in competion with games like Rainbow Six, Uncharted and many others. Resistance is a first person shooter that runs and guns. Its more in competion with Call of Duty, Halo, and many others also. If you losers are gonna arque about somethin then get it right.

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By normajean777

well i have both and for some reason i dont know why but im more exited for R2 for some reason i loved the story and i want to see it to the end

carzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By carzy
AndrewGaspar said:
"Shawn said:
"I made a little equation thing.

GoW:R1 as GoW2:R2
Therefore, GoW2 > R2
"
That doesn't make any sense. -_-

Just because Gears of War was better than Resistance means that Gears of War 2 will be Resistance 2? That's illogical.
"
.............? hows that not logical?

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I tried Resistance on my friends PS3, but I wasn't really into it, and Gears of War was good, but the story was pretty shallow, so it could honestly go either way.

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By somesthetic
Snail said:
"Well, I am a PS3 owner and still I prefer Gears of War 2.
"
yeah, pretty much.

That's mostly because I prefer third person salads and smaller more intimate online experiences to big messy battlefield blowouts.
Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Homer

.MojondeVACA said:

"Gears 2 will own Resistance 2 in Gameplay and graphics department only a sony fanboy could say otherwise.
"
Fuck you. You're calling people fanboys yet you're saying that gears 2 will be better than resitance 2, and netiher of them are out yet.
somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By somesthetic
Homer said:
".MojondeVACA said:
"Gears 2 will own Resistance 2 in Gameplay and graphics department only a sony fanboy could say otherwise.
"
Fuck you. You're calling people fanboys yet you're saying that gears 2 will be better than resitance 2, and netiher of them are out yet."
ending a sentence with "only a fanboy would say otherwise" is the most fanboyish thing you could do.
jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By jonano

it just seem to me that there craming so much stuff in to resistance 2 in such a short time that other parts of the game are going to suffer . 60 player online is too much and 8 player co-op is i my opinion too many  its like they are saying  look at us we've more than you so that means we're better or something i wish them the best and hope they get it right but i dont think its going to work well or be a system seller. im not a 360 fanboy its just my opinion

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Jordan23

I have to give Gears of War 2 the slightest edge over Resistance 2. Nevertheless, I'm definitely buying bought their release date, respectively.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jonano said:
"it just seem to me that there craming so much stuff in to resistance 2 in such a short time that other parts of the game are going to suffer . 60 player online is too much and 8 player co-op is i my opinion too many  its like they are saying  look at us we've more than you so that means we're better or something i wish them the best and hope they get it right but i dont think its going to work well or be a system seller. im not a 360 fanboy its just my opinion"
I would agree with that, but just loko deeper into these features and you would know they are not just "ooo look we can add more players", they really do balance it and utilize the player count. Listen to some interviews and whatnot and you will see they have said the exact opposite of what you are worried about, ie saying they know more players doesn't mean better, and so on.
dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#74  Edited By dj

I'll go with Gears.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers