#1 Edited by BillyMaysRIP (163 posts) -

Polygon has the hot scoop in an article entitled Aladdin designer Shinji Mikami on why the Genesis version is better

Shinji Mikami, known for his work on famed games like Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, has pledged his support for the Genesis:

"If I didn't actually make [the SNES game], I would probably buy the Genesis one," Mikami told Polygon in an interview. "Animation-wise, I think the Genesis version's better. The Genesis version had a sword, actually. I wanted to have a sword."

Blast Processing > Mode 7 any day of the week. (I agree with Jeff, and think the music is better on the Genesis too.) Sorry if this is a flame post.

#2 Edited by Hailinel (23902 posts) -

@billymaysrip: This isn't exactly a new or controversial viewpoint.

#3 Posted by ShaggE (6331 posts) -

Oh snaaaap! Man, SNES sales are going to take a hit after that!

#4 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

@shagge said:

Oh snaaaap! Man, SNES sales are going to take a hit after that!

Nintendo is doomed

#5 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (603 posts) -

I thought everyone thought those Genesis Disney games were better than the SNES ones?

Also, I'm a SNES guy.

Also, OP you do realize Blast Processing isn't a real thing...just a marketing buzz word. Mode 7 was an actual graphics mode built into the snes that allowed rotation and scaling of a background layer.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36012 posts) -

This just in: Shinji Mikami says a fact. More at 11.

#7 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

Wouldn't anyone who played both versions have that same opinion?

#8 Posted by Kidavenger (3510 posts) -

I didn't know anyone with a snes when I was growing up, everyone had a genesis and I was the weirdo with a TG16.

I honestly don't think I've ever even held a snes controller in my hands before.

#9 Posted by edsone (214 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@billymaysrip: This isn't exactly a new or controversial viewpoint.

Exactly. Was this ever in doubt by the way? I always thought is was a consensus among the gaming community (fanboys excluded) the genesis version was a better game overall.

Don't know why de OP made this a Blast Processing x Mode 7 though...

#10 Posted by believer258 (11635 posts) -

I've never played the Genesis version but the SNES version was a pretty good game.

#11 Posted by GunstarRed (5027 posts) -

Duh, obviously. D'you know what game was also better on the Mega Drive? Turtles Tournament Fighters.

#12 Posted by CornBREDX (4806 posts) -

Ya I saw this article on Polygon earlier

I agree with him. I still have that game, too. Good game. I didn't like the SNES version as much, but you know everyone has their tastes based on life experiences.

#14 Edited by Yesiamaduck (899 posts) -

Yeah I knew this when I was like 6 years old, the snes version was shite

#15 Posted by Nhoj_Sllew (174 posts) -

genesis was always better

always

#16 Posted by darkvare (758 posts) -

just out of curiosity why are they talking about this now?