Gerstmann VS. Hatsune Miku Community

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bigjeffrey

Does anyone know where this you-tube video?

Found this on JEFF GERSTMANN IS STILL A THREAT.

No Caption Provided

and i ALso saw this on there, What is Gerstmann up to? and where is this video they speak of? I need it.

No Caption Provided

also

No Caption Provided

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They are talking about the Quick look, and I'm pretty sure that second question is a joke.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Hatsune Freaku.

ಠ_ಠ

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_v said:

They are talking about the Quick look, and I'm pretty sure that second question is a joke.

Pretty sure you're right about the second question being a joke.
isn't that "babylonian" guy old intern Nick/New guy working with Sessler?

Also Hatsune Freaku is possibly the best thing ever said in many years.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Jeff needs to troll more often. It's hilarious.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@hailinel said:

Probably referring to the Project Diva F quick look. I know not everyone shares this opinion, but it's easily among their laziest, most misinformed and uninterested pieces of content that has been produced for this site in a long while.

Who gives a fuck? It's a game about a fake pop star, using fake, computer-generated voices for the lyrics. Like, I could understand if we were talking about a real person, but I'm pretty sure that "Miku" doesn't have the capacity to feel.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Haha goodness gracious.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The second one is former intern Nick, Babylonian, fucking around with Jeff, and vice versa.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chrissedoff

It's really strange how protective people are of this weird-ass game. Apparently Hatsune Miku Project Diva F must be treated with dignity and reverence or else you are a barbarian. That's totally not ridiculous or disturbing. No sirree.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@greggd: I'm not talking about the character. I'm talking bout the QL in general and the apathetic, ignorant response toward the game as a whole. I think it's a poor video, and I have every right to criticize their efforts on it. I'm not going to be a GB cheerleader for content that I think is garbage.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@greggd: It matters because I enjoy the content they put out usually but when It comes to anything remotelt anime related they really phone it in. Its the same old tired jokes about creepers ECT and the piece isn't even informative for anyone looking at it to influence a purchasing decision. See Yakuza 4 for another real stinker of a quick look. Its not even that Im offended its that they seem so entirely uninterested in covering things of that nature that why bother? Id rather them cover shit that they are genuinely excited about.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@demoskinos: @hailinel: They make fun of games that they consider bad all the time. This time, you just happened to be a fan of said game. I wouldn't take it so personally. I'm a fan of the NBA 2K games but those Quick Looks are always just Jeff and Vinny stumbling around, having no idea what they're doing and then complaining about how the game is boring. People think it's funny. I think it's funny. It's not a big deal.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CaLe

Mike is a Japanese robot singer whom Jeff tried to strip search live on the internet. This lead to uproarious laughter and great anger, in equal measure. Many believe that the chastity of Mike is something that needs to be protected, and that any attempt to deflower him may only be interpreted as an act of aggression. Ardent defenders of Mike's chastity have been on the warpath every since Jeff crossed an uncrossable line by attempting what can only be described as the panty-shot. It turns out that the creators of a certain robot singing game had the foresight to intercept and thwart any such lecherous attempts on the chastity of Mike, for they knew that this world harbored a mind as filthy as that of one Jeff Gerstmann.

Jeff, having had his lust for the panty-shot thwarted by Mike's creators, has since taken his efforts underground. He comes out only to chastise and torment those who would defend Mike's honor. For Jeff is a man of conviction, a conviction that there are some purities that must be sullied, and by god will he someday sully those sky-blue cotton panties.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hailinel

@milkman: Actually, I got tired of their "incompetent at sports" schtick after the second such QLthat I watched.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really strange how protective people are of this weird-ass game. Apparently Hatsune Miku Project Diva F must be treated with dignity and reverence or else you are a barbarian. That's totally not ridiculous or disturbing. No sirree.

Dignity and reverence best achieved through a body pillow.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Akyho

@hailinel said:

Probably referring to the Project Diva F quick look. I know not everyone shares this opinion, but it's easily among their laziest, most misinformed and uninterested pieces of content that has been produced for this site in a long while.

The point of it was not to be very informative, sometimes QLs are other times they are not roll of the dice here on GB. You are a long time member you should know this.

I like and listen to Vocaloids, I prefer Kagamine Rin and Kagamine Lin more with "Daughter of evil" being a high point with the parallel song "servant of evil" another great one.

However I still did watch half of a 3 hour live concert of Hatsune Miku today and have watched an entire 1hr 30 concert in past. Which due to that had me urging them during the quick look to play the "bonus" song "World is mine".

The project Diva Ql came from the same place as all past Dragon Balls Z QL's. Its load it up and see what happens it may persuade them or it may lead to hilarious results, Project Diva succeeded in the latter.

It was hilarious. I am not offended by it unlike other people.

One thing I always laugh at/Get annoyed at is when this sentence is said "who would go see a virtual band?" which while Vocaloids are virtual and have holograms on stage. They do have a live band that play the music and they are some very talented players doing what was originally done on computer from samples.

I always think of the western version that no one bats an eye at.

The british band had full Hologram concerts. They stopped doing that and did the live shows with them as shadows leading onto just being full blown live and no "visuals" since that hologram tech is expensive!

Loading Video...

Also yes Babylonian is a ex intern so he is allowed to get up Jeffs grill for a joke.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hailinel

@theht: Or, you know, don't put on stupid acts to cover up the fact you have no idea what you're talking about and no interest to learn.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By musubi

@milkman: @hailinel: Ditto. Them being uninformed about things just comes off as frustrating to me not funny. There are plenty of funny quick looks that are funny because something funny happened in the game and not because the hosts were uninformed and bumbling around or repeating the same tired jokes.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh oh, I already have a clear idea where this thread is going to go, but I don't want to go to the store for popcorn.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I will never be tired of Creeper Gerstmann, and I'm not sure Jeff ever will be either.

I also felt like it was plenty informative. You can customize the character in a photo booth type mode, it's a rhythm game with crazy lyrics about luminous colors, you can meet her in her room and poke her in the eye, etc. I feel like I understand Project Diva F, and I feel like Project Diva F understands me.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EXTomar

I don't think anyone doing a Quick Look should be forced to do anything for any game especially if they don't care or even understand. This means you get Quick Looks like Project Diva F or they skip them. Which is better?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

@hailinel said:

@milkman: Actually, I got tired of their "incompetent at sports" schtick after the second such QLthat I watched.

You need to at least watch the last NCAA video, because the first 12 minutes of them riffing on the school logos is hilarious.

Also Hatsune Miku is just a rhythm game, it's not worth getting angry (or even mildly irritated) about.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@theht: Or, you know, don't put on stupid acts to cover up the fact you have no idea what you're talking about and no interest to learn.

Whatchu talkin bout?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fallen189

@theht said:

@hailinel said:

Whatchu talkin bout?

He'll calm down once he's had a sleep

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Baillie

@hailinel said:

Don't worry, the 16-year-old anime girl will still sing to you when you feel lonely.

Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sidekick-Trio

Just because you enjoy something doesn't mean other people can't find it dumb. It doesn't reduce your enjoyment, you just have to say "ah well, I didn't agree with the giant bomb guys this time".

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By EXTomar

People act like the Project Diva F thing was an insult where I look at it as a good it was presented at all. As long as they aren't lying about being experts or interested in something they are not then it is fine to have Quick Looks go like that along with the fact it raised awareness of the game in general.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ferros said:

Just because you enjoy something doesn't mean other people can't find it dumb. It doesn't reduce your enjoyment, you just have to say "ah well, I didn't agree with the giant bomb guys this time".

True, but that's not always as easy as it seems. It's something I'm sure everyone's been guilty of. If you feel passionate about something, an attack on that thing can be (and often is) interpreted as an attack on you. You identify with that thing and it's a piece of what informs your identity. It's a basic component of the human experience. What I'm having a hard time figuring out is if that component is a side effect of passion, or if it's something people can work toward acknowledging and silencing. I'm not entirely sure we can have one without the other.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallen189: Hmm, maybe I can interest him in this pristine body pillow to sleep with, never touched, very fresh.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta: I did. It's the last one I watched before the joke wore out. And at this point, I'm more frustrated by those that leap to Jeff's defense, as though they feel a need to defend him from someone that didn't like a particular selection of videos he made.

Jeff is an adult, guys. If he honestly felt the need to respond to anything I as a single user had to say, he'd do it himself.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ferros said:

True, but that's not always as easy as it seems. It's something I'm sure everyone's been guilty of. If you feel passionate about something, an attack on that thing can be (and often is) interpreted as an attack on you. You identify with that thing and it's a piece of what informs your identity. It's a basic component of the human experience. What I'm having a hard time figuring out is if that component is a side effect of passion, or if it's something people can work toward acknowledging and silencing. I'm not entirely sure we can have one without the other.

All that came to mind was the whole bronies versus people who hate anything that is pony branded, both sides are ridiculously passionate but that doesn't mean that they should ignore the other side because there's always a middle ground.

Those kinds of people on either side of the middle ground are better off ignored.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole attitude of "Giant Bomb is funny up until the point where it offends my sensibilities and the things I hold dear" is really dumb. I love football (soccer), I'm a massive fan of FIFA as well. That doesn't mean I start freaking out when Vinny and Jeff fuck around with it. It's dumb fun, it's not meant to be taken seriously. Neither is the Quick Look for Hatsune Miku: Weird Robot Voice Lady: Project Upskirt F.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Quick Look was hilarious.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This notion that the PDF quick look is the only piece of GB content that I've ever had issues with is bizarre.

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff Gerstmann, Vinny Caravella, and Brad Shoemaker are anime experts and I resent anyone who would say otherwise.

I'll remind you that their previous parent company also owned a little site called ANIME VICE, maybe you've heard of it.

As far as I'm concerned these people are all fully qualified to accurately judge a game like Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F. Their verdict? The 'F' in the title is wholly earned.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the Hatsune Miku Quick Look was hiiiilarious.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If people want to be angry about something, be angry about the game. Sega used to do interesting, creative rhythm games like PaRappa, Samba de Amigo, and Space Channel 5. Now they give us this soulless robo-Bieber.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hailinel's right in his expectation that games be QuickLooked by people who give a shit. (I'm paraphrasing but that's the gist?)

We and Jeff Gertsman are right in mocking something completely ridiculous.

There.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If people want to be angry about something, be angry about the game. Sega used to do interesting, creative rhythm games like PaRappa, Samba de Amigo, and Space Channel 5. Now they give us this soulless robo-Bieber.

Wait, PaRappa the Rapper was Sega?
Man I didn't even know that

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand where Jeff is coming from. Fifty dollars and you can't look up her skirt? What the hell is the point?

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Vanek

@ramone: I was going to write a big long post but since I'm sure it wouldn't do me any good I won't.

I'll simplify it down to asking if any of the comments Jeff makes about the UK during any of the "soccer" Quick Looks ever bother you? Basically, I don't mind them playing a game badly but I do mind some of the comments made as they play.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's my opinion that someone who gets so worked up over something like Project Diva F is a pretty pathetic human being and should probably get their priorities straight.

It's a cash-in rhythm game based on an "artist" that is the product of an industrialized anime assembly line. Nobody should care about it as much as they do.These people are acting like preteen Bieber fans after someone said something mean about him. Move on with your lives.

The quicklook was uninformed? Who cares? The people who are into Hatsune Miku have already bought the game, and nobody else is likely to care. Get it through your heads: this game is a product for a specific market, and has very little artistic value otherwise.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: @hailinel: Ditto. Them being uninformed about things just comes off as frustrating to me not funny. There are plenty of funny quick looks that are funny because something funny happened in the game and not because the hosts were uninformed and bumbling around or repeating the same tired jokes.

I find both the Hatsune Miku and the Yakuza really entertaining. I also get where you're coming from, because it's kind of hard watching them playing a game you're a fan of. I don't watch their football (i.e. soccer) QL because I'm fairly decent at those games and I just can't watch them fumble around. A lot of people like them though so I just ignore it. Instead I watch their football (it's so confusing) quicklooks because I don't know shit about that.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@hailinel: You're allowed to not like content on the site the same way I'm allowed to ignore basically everything with Patrick in it. So, more power to you. But in this case as in mine, it is simply a matter of taste. The fact that anyone, let alone a large number of people, were entertained by the content is justification enough for its existence.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gaff

@vanek said:

@ramone: I was going to write a big long post but since I'm sure it wouldn't do me any good I won't.

I'll simplify it down to asking if any of the comments Jeff makes about the UK during any of the "soccer" Quick Looks ever bother you? Basically, I don't mind them playing a game badly but I do mind some of the comments made as they play.

I'll just feign offence and say that "football loving nation" does not equal the "United Kingdom".

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Scrawnto

@mister_v said:

Pretty sure you're right about the second question being a joke.

isn't that "babylonian" guy old intern Nick/New guy working with Sessler?

Also Hatsune Freaku is possibly the best thing ever said in many years.

Yep, that's Nick. He also does a podcast with former interns Ben and Kessler called gameburglars.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

This notion that the PDF quick look is the only piece of GB content that I've ever had issues with is bizarre.

That's the only one you've mentioned so far. Forgive me if I don't scour through everyone of your posts to find the rest.