• 86 results
#1 Posted by Saddestmonument (10 posts) -

I used to play League Of legends online, really a great game, but it just made me mad..I already get mad often online, but this game oh boy, lets just same im perma banned from it now. And i was relieved to be banned, just so i could stop playing it because i couldnt

stop, it was very addicting and fun, but also very rage inducing, to the point i was beginning to feel it was unhealthy to even play it.. Now My friend wants me to play again...What would you guys do? I think i should play again, and try to refrain myself from raging...but I think i might be better off without it..

But i DO want to play it....

#2 Posted by _Chad (963 posts) -

How's about learning to chill out when playing games. If it's from other people just remember you can't control what others do. So no use raging.

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Learn self-restraint. I hate when people get so angry over a video game, especially when the stakes are either not even that high or simply nonexistent.

Shit like this is ridiculous:

Learn to calm down and stop taking it so seriously for no reason at all.

#4 Edited by Saddestmonument (10 posts) -

@ChadMasterFlash: Yeah, its absolutely what I tried to do, basically the entire time i played, I actually lost some friends over this game, because i would rage at them, friends i had for years..Its not easy to stop, im a pretty contained person, and ive played games online for years

but his one really was a unique instance of something that just made me incredibly pissed off. Im not going to blame the community of the game, but they were certainly a huge problem..Considering its a team game..But it is up to me to control my anger..

But i guess ill try the game again...

#5 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

Learn to control your emotions young padawan.

No, but seriously. Just learn to walk away, and calm down. Occasionally I get mad as well, but only when I feel really cheated by the game, or if the other players are being assholes. Even so, I used to get super mad at people who just cheesed in Starcraft because they weren't actually getting better at the game, they were just getting cheap wins. You just have to realize that in the grand scheme of things it's much better to take the loss and learn from it. There really is no point in getting angry over something so trivial, especially when you aren't really playing for anything super important other than your enjoyment and to improve.

#6 Edited by churrific (475 posts) -

I think it's alright to be mad. Just don't be a dick about it and let it out at other ppl. Let it out constructively (use it to fuel your next win), or at an inanimate object (keep a pillow next to you and punch the living sht out of it). Or just be zen if you can.

#7 Posted by Magickeys (37 posts) -

@Saddestmonument said:

I used to play League Of legends online, really a great game, but it just made me mad..I already get mad often online, but this game oh boy, lets just same im perma banned from it now. And i was relieved to be banned, just so i could stop playing it because i couldnt

stop, it was very addicting and fun, but also very rage inducing, to the point i was beginning to feel it was unhealthy to even play it.. Now My friend wants me to play again...What would you guys do? I think i should play again, and try to refrain myself from raging...but I think i might be better off without it..

But i DO want to play it....

It's a game. You shouldn't take it so seriously.

#8 Posted by Ben_H (3310 posts) -

Stop caring so much about winning and performance and whatnot. I quit caring about that in SC2 and I think I actually play a lot better now because I play to have fun and it turns out when I have fun I seem to play much faster and smarter.

#9 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

You guys don´t seem to get when gaming becomes a sport. That´s when you get mad. I understand this happening to you. Play Dota 2, now thats a game to get mad at. It is MADE for pro circuits.

#10 Posted by beepmachine (618 posts) -

I find that getting mad happens when you play a game often. If you play something a lot you have expectations on yourself and get pissed when someone trumps them, but if you don't play every day you just accept that there are people who are a lot better than you. I'd rather get my ass kicked here and there and not really care than lose my shit when someone beats me.

#11 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Fighting games can be rage inducing because when you fuck a combo up and it costs you the match it's easy to take that anger and disappointment in yourself and project it elsewhere.

#12 Posted by shakafo00o (20 posts) -

@dennisthemennis said:

I find that getting mad happens when you play a game often. If you play something a lot you have expectations on yourself and get pissed when someone trumps them, but if you don't play every day you just accept that there are people who are a lot better than you. I'd rather get my ass kicked here and there and not really care than lose my shit when someone beats me.

OooOOOoh he's got it right. I know what you mean man, happens to me too. What got me over it was just messing around for whole matches with my friend playing games just to mess around. Helps to not take things too seriously.

Good luck with picking the game up again!

#13 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

If I'm getting frustrated I just stop playing. Why allow yourself to get mad?

#14 Posted by Dexter_Morgan_ (314 posts) -

I'm the nicest guy in the world when I play online with strangers.... When I have my mic on, I will sing to you and encourage you and give you my care packages or help you in any way I can... but when I die 3 times in a row from a camper or noob tuber I WILL FUCKING SCREAM AND YELL AND THROW AND TRASH AND THRASH AND ROLL AND even cry a little bit. Just don't do that shit alright?

#15 Posted by TruthTellah (8534 posts) -

@Saddestmonument: It sounds like you should probably just not play League of Legends anymore. You're not alone in being an angry monster while playing League of Legends. I wish more LoL players could admit their rage issues and just leave the game. If it causes you to act like that now, you'll probably still be like that in the future. So, my recommendation would be to just work on controlling your emotions and move on to something else.

Good luck with it, duder.

#16 Posted by byterunner (300 posts) -

I will say, that a game like League of Legends is very team centric. And there is nothing more frustrating than winning lane in League and than having your entire team sandbag and you lose. Or having someone troll you, or afk the game, or DC. Its so frustrating. I never rage, but LoL is a VERY frustrating game to play.

#17 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@Deusx said:

You guys don´t seem to get when gaming becomes a sport. That´s when you get mad. I understand this happening to you. Play Dota 2, now thats a game to get mad at. It is MADE for pro circuits.

Yes, because we all know that when people play sports; it's ok to be an asshole?

#18 Posted by jewunit (1054 posts) -

@churrific said:

I think it's alright to be mad. Just don't be a dick about it and let it out at other ppl. Let it out constructively (use it to fuel your next win), or at an inanimate object (keep a pillow next to you and punch the living sht out of it). Or just be zen if you can.

Agreed. I get mad and down on myself all the time playing fighting games online. If I lose, it's because I'm terrible. If I win, it's because the guy I played was new to the game, not trying, or I got lucky. You shouldn't yell people down either way for it. I tend to send more "GG" and "Thanks for the match" messages when I lose though. I find it pacifying.

#19 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

If you do decide to go back to LoL, you should probably avoid ranked. Just saying.

Also, raging at your friends and stuff...that's a problem, you should really try to find out what it is that's pissing you off so badly and work on that. Raging at randoms who do really stupid shit is understandable, but when it's your friends, you can just tell them. Still probably shouldn't do it to randoms though.

#20 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

People who rage for no reason in online games like LoL should just stop playing games. 
No reason to rage when you're not playing for anything at all. 
Play in a 500k tournament then sure, rage all you want I guess. What's that? They're not good enough to even join that low-ranked tournament? Yeah I know, I'm just giving those idiots some hope! 

#21 Posted by Saddestmonument (10 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

People who rage for no reason in online games like LoL should just stop playing games. No reason to rage when you're not playing for anything at all. Play in a 500k tournament then sure, rage all you want I guess. What's that? They're not good enough to even join that low-ranked tournament? Yeah I know, I'm just giving those idiots some hope!

Its not really about being the best, its about trying your best and then having teammates actively fucking you over by not even knowing the basics of a game. Or having no awareness, i honestly think if you are playing a game like LoL and you arent playing to win, than you shouldnt be playing..At least not ranked games, but lord do people play anyways. Lots of people play to actively troll other people..Plus the games take like 20-40 mins average. So being trolled for 20-40 mins and if you can just take that sitting down, well, good for you.. Anyways, im going to start playing again, im just going to /ignore everyone so i cant see what they are typing.

#22 Posted by Saddestmonument (10 posts) -

@TruthTellah: This makes me feel better. At least im not alone.

#23 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Saddestmonument said:

@ZeForgotten said:

People who rage for no reason in online games like LoL should just stop playing games. No reason to rage when you're not playing for anything at all. Play in a 500k tournament then sure, rage all you want I guess. What's that? They're not good enough to even join that low-ranked tournament? Yeah I know, I'm just giving those idiots some hope!

Its not really about being the best, its about trying your best and then having teammates actively fucking you over by not even knowing the basics of a game. Or having no awareness, i honestly think if you are playing a game like LoL and you arent playing to win, than you shouldnt be playing..At least not ranked games, but lord do people play anyways. Lots of people play to actively troll other people..Plus the games take like 20-40 mins average. So being trolled for 20-40 mins and if you can just take that sitting down, well, good for you.. Anyways, im going to start playing again, im just going to /ignore everyone so i cant see what they are typing.

Ever thought about, you know, teaching these new people how it's played without yelling at them? 
I mean, since everyone who's played the games for even 2 minutes more than the new guy are "SUPER EXTREME PROS!!! 420!! WOO!" then that would be the most logical thing to do, right?
#24 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@Saddestmonument said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Have you considered how far that opinion is getting you? I honestly think that if you are playing any game at all, and you aren't putting fun before victory, then you shouldn't be playing. At least not with other people.

#25 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

i never get upset. but i allways get people sending me messages calling me a "fag" or a dozen messages screaming and cursing at me. thats when i put on my professional voice and contact them and tell them that i am such and such from xbox live community support. i threaten to suspend thier account or outright ban them, youd be surprised how often it works. at the end of the conversation they are allways falling over to apologize and promising not to do it again. so i tell them i will cut them some slack and put thier account under review. if they have any more infractions they will be perma banned. most people shit thier pants at this idea so they they usually act nicer.

does it help? i like to think so. maybe the next time sombody gets pissed and wants to scream about "stupid niggers" or " dumb assholes" he will think twice. after all.knowing is half the battle!!!

#26 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1384 posts) -

If you are losing friends over a videogame, you got to learn to take it easy. It's just game, and you are playing to have fun. Like how some others here have suggested: if you feel the rage a comin', just walk away.

#27 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

@Vodun said:

@Deusx said:

Yes, because we all know that when people play sports; it's ok to be an asshole?

No, I´m just saying, it´s normal to be passionate enough about a sport that you get extremelly mad. Even if you don´t show it to people.

#28 Posted by Hunkulese (2642 posts) -
@Saddestmonument You obviously have some mental issues. Maybe try and get some help.
#29 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Anger management brah. Or you can kick back with a bottle of rum like me and just play at a hazed distance.

#30 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1026 posts) -

There's nothing wrong with being mad during a session but raging at others is defiantly bad

#31 Posted by YI_Orange (1128 posts) -

@ZeForgotten: Well, that's where matchmaking should come in, and in LoL, does for sure. If you're summoner(profile) level 30(the cap) you most of the time get matched with mostly, if not all, level 30s. And I'm pretty sure you have to be 30 to play ranked. If you're 30, that means you've put a fair amount of time into the game. So at that point it's different from just being new to the game, though it's possible that people are just new to the champion they're playing. Still, raging's not cool.

#32 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

I don't get mad when playing video games. I get mad when games don't work right (bugs, crashes).

I spend time on vent with a guy who gets outrageously angry when playing games at the drop of a hat. If someone steals a mob in an MMO or if someone kills him in an FPS, he gets furious.

I tell him to chill out, or not play the game. It's not worth the frustration.

#33 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

I use to rage, but then I found it pointless because it ruins your experience and the especially the people/friends you could've been playing with. Stop caring so much.

#34 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

@Ghost_Cat said:

If you are losing friends over a videogame, you got to learn to take it easy. It's just game, and you are playing to have fun. Like how some others here have suggested: if you feel the rage a comin', just walk away.

This. When people rage at me in a game it usually gets me to stop playing. It's one of the reasons I quit LoL myself, despite the fact that I wasn't really that bad of a player. I only play the game when I can get a team of 5 so if we win it's like "yay team victory!" and if we lose I can go "lol that was awful i played terribly" and then the rest of the team will say "yeah we know, but it's ok!" then we laugh over skype and queue up again.

#35 Posted by Hippie_Genocide (537 posts) -

Playing SSFIV online tends to bring out the rage in me. Its one thing to lose when you're opponent is just better, but when I lose from something I screwed up myself I get mad salty. But if I know I'm going to spew forth obscenities, I will take myself off mic.

#36 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

@Sooty said:

Fighting games can be rage inducing because when you fuck a combo up and it costs you the match it's easy to take that anger and disappointment in yourself and project it elsewhere.

1000% agree. Add to that when I usually play it's to de-stress, and I get mad at myself for making silly mistakes. Hardly ever get mad at the opponent if I get outplayed.

#37 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@mandude said:

@Saddestmonument said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Have you considered how far that opinion is getting you? I honestly think that if you are playing any game at all, and you aren't putting fun before victory, then you shouldn't be playing. At least not with other people.

Whatever man, winning is everything that matters and eff everyone who doesn't think so.

Seriously, what?

#38 Edited by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

I usually have high patience on the internet and when playing video games. LoL has an horrible community, like almost all MMOs.

I know many people who have played LoL and has gotten reported for being noobs and such for example. Riot Games uses a weird banning system, where the community partially decides if you will be banned.

Being patient when playing video games is not very hard, just try to be calm and diplomatic and not rage.

#39 Edited by Ben_H (3310 posts) -

I'mma just leave this here, since it is related to this topic. This is why I'm starting to lose interest in competitive games. Most people forget that the primary goal is to have fun.  Everyone treats the game way too seriously and can't admit it is their fault that they lost. Instead of finding problem areas in their play, they take their anger out on their opponent. In this case all I did was one of the most basic strategies in SC2, the 4 gate, and he lost even though he scouted it but instead of looking at that game and finding his issue (he only had one sentry skipped a second to get a faster immortal even though he knew I was all-inning him, so I just bumrushed his ramp and threw down 2 pylons and won), he just raged at me.

#40 Posted by kerse (2100 posts) -
@DoctorWelch

Learn to control your emotions young padawan.

No, but seriously. Just learn to walk away, and calm down. Occasionally I get mad as well, but only when I feel really cheated by the game, or if the other players are being assholes. Even so, I used to get super mad at people who just cheesed in Starcraft because they weren't actually getting better at the game, they were just getting cheap wins. You just have to realize that in the grand scheme of things it's much better to take the loss and learn from it. There really is no point in getting angry over something so trivial, especially when you aren't really playing for anything super important other than your enjoyment and to improve.

No he should let the hate flow through him, it will make him stronger.
#41 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@mandude said:

@Saddestmonument said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Whatever man, winning is everything that matters and eff everyone who doesn't think so.

Seriously, what?

Seriously what, what? Dude has rage problems. I'm saying maybe he should re-evaluate how he approaches games if they make him so mad.

#42 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@mandude said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@mandude said:

@Saddestmonument said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Seriously, what?

Seriously what, what? Dude has rage problems. I'm saying maybe he should re-evaluate how he approaches games if they make him so mad.

I was agreeing with you, my first line being sarcastic and my second line being more of a "Who the hell thinks that way?" kind of thing!

#43 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Have you ever gotten so mad, you just walked outside into the blinding sun and beat up the first human being to cross your path?

#44 Edited by mandude (2669 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

I was agreeing with you, my first line being sarcastic and my second line being more of a "Who the hell thinks that way?" kind of thing!

You know, I read your post over and over, and was thinking that. I eventually decided who the hell are you to tell me off, even if it is in my imagination!

#45 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@mandude said:

@Cloudenvy said:

You know, I read your post over and over, and was thinking that. I eventually decided who the hell are you to tell me off, even if it is in my imagination!

Pfft, I'll imaginarily tell you off whenever I damn want to!

#46 Posted by Fattony12000 (7041 posts) -

I stopped getting really angry at online video games around 1996 (with exposure to games like Quake and Diablo). Passion is fine, stress is fine, getting hyped and heated and hot under the collar is fine, but anger? Such as what you would feel over seeing your wife and children raped and murdered in front of your eyes?

Not so much.

#47 Posted by Ninja_Welshman (479 posts) -

I'll admit I'm not the best player of any game but if you get on mic and start raging and telling me or anyone else what to do I will actively troll you for the rest of the game.

#48 Posted by Scrawnto (2434 posts) -

The only thing I get angry at when playing games is my own computer when the frame rate dips at an inopportune time. Used to happen all the time in BF3 before I got an SSD. My old HDD was pretty slow, even for an HDD, and it would stutter as it loaded the sounds for different gunshots and such from the page file. I don't rage at other people though, and I don't yell, or throw things, or trashtalk. One of my neighbors swears like a sailor when he plays games though. It's somewhat annoying.

#49 Edited by eternalshades (82 posts) -

If I ever find myself frustrated with a game or getting angry at any point, I just ask myself "why am I actually spending my free time and money on something that causes me stress?" and simply put down the game and go do something else.

Getting frustrated playing with random people? Laugh it off and play with friends instead, or find like-minded people in various online communities. Or just go play a single player game. Nobody wins when someone gets angry and starts yelling.

Games are meant to be fun. If you not having fun, you might want to rethink what you're doing with your life.

#50 Edited by Yummylee (21249 posts) -

I can admittedly get pretty pissed off in online games, but it's more at myself when I'm doing terrible. I like to have fun in competitive games, but winning can be pretty alright as well. And with games like, say, Uncharted 2/3, where I'll actually aspire to be pretty good at the competitive, getting slaughtered and falling under the realisation that there's a lot of people out there that are a lot better than I am, it can suck. I never rage out at other people playing, though. I keep my anger-induced profanities to myself <3