is there any way to get the music from my ipod onto my computer

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EvilTwin

I don't think so, but you can redownload your music from itunes on up to 5 computers I believe. 

cpt_anarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cpt_anarchy

damn

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

There are ways, but none of them are particularly legal.

Apple designs the iPod so that it can't be used as a mobile hard drive. They know the feature'd get abused.

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By skywing

i once used winamp  to extract music files out of an ipod, try that

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Nasar7

http://ipodrip.com/

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nasar7 said:
"http://ipodrip.com/"

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By rinkalicous

It's much easier to simply enable hidden folders in your system menu then just go into your ipod and drag stuff off. Itunes will rearrange the insane folder trees once it's on your hardrive.

To enable hidden folders, click tools-> Folder options -> View then find where it says hidden folders and click enable. Now simply go to your ipod in windows explorer and have a little looksy about until you see some mp3's, then go back a step and drag all the weirdly named folders to your hardrive.
raggedglory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By raggedglory
Rinkalicous said:
"It's much easier to simply enable hidden folders in your system menu then just go into your ipod and drag stuff off. Itunes will rearrange the insane folder trees once it's on your hardrive.

To enable hidden folders, click tools-> Folder options -> View then find where it says hidden folders and click enable. Now simply go to your ipod in windows explorer and have a little looksy about until you see some mp3's, then go back a step and drag all the weirdly named folders to your hardrive.
"
This, but you usually have to have "enable storage capability" or whatever the check box is in itunes.
be warned though, if you have alot of music, itmay take awhile, and usually the names insted of song names are numbers, and its not organized in any way shape or form.  Pain. In. The. Ass.
rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rinkalicous
raggedglory said:
"Rinkalicous said:
"It's much easier to simply enable hidden folders in your system menu then just go into your ipod and drag stuff off. Itunes will rearrange the insane folder trees once it's on your hardrive.

"
This, but you usually have to have "enable storage capability" or whatever the check box is in itunes.be warned though, if you have alot of music, itmay take awhile, and usually the names insted of song names are numbers, and its not organized in any way shape or form.  Pain. In. The. Ass."
If you enable 'sort my library' in iTunes, itunes handles it all for you, naming and rearanging everything accordingly.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By ArchScabby
Rinkalicous said:

"
  this.
Shervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shervin
Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nasar7
ArchScabby said:
"Rinkalicous said:

"
  this."
Unless he has a Mac...
timay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By timay
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By subject2change
Rinkalicous said:

"
Works fine, but like others said if you have a Mac I think you are boned. You can always find someone with a PC to use or find a ripping software that works on the Mac or run Parallels with Windows installed on it. I've copied iPod to iPod and iPod to Computer on numerous occasions. Also use my iPod as my PS3 backup Hard Drive as well.

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rinkalicous

Wow, that doesn't work on a mac? Apple just knocked the facism up a knotch.