Hey guys, I wanted to bring attention to this kickstarter which has been struggling in the wake of E3 (bad timing if you ask me). It has a lot of promise and I'm sure there are many folk around here who will be interested.
Some of the features:
- Coop/VS gameplay (not class based, but loadout based)
- Loadouts show on your character and affect movement
- Weapons have collision with the environment (finally a reason not to take an LMG for room clearing)
- Realistic wounding and reaction to getting hit depending on movement
- Mod tools
- Dedicated servers released with the game
It will be released on Steam next year if it gets funded, and I'm pretty excited about it. The guy isn't the slickest PR guy on the planet but he's really passionate about making a proper tactical shooter and updating the original Ghost Recon/Rainbow 6 format. Many of us who are into this kind of thing have ARMA 2 (or 3 soon), but ARMA has never been all that great at conveying close combat, so I would see this as my go to game for smaller scale tactical combat.