#1 Edited by Foodie_Monster (25 posts) -

Hey all!

Now that Vinny and Alex are together riding the BEAST in Manhattan, maybe it's time for some sort of East Coast meet-up? I'm traveling to the US of A from Chile (yes, that long country where those weird guys at ACE Team make Zeno Clash, Abyss Odyssey and creepy games like that - they are cool guys, too.) in August, specifically from August 2nd to August 17th and I honestly would love to meet fellow bombers and some of the crew.

This will be my first time in NYC, 2nd time over all in the US (the previous time was Miami in '99 for the big Y2K, but I don't think Miami counts as 'Murrica, right guys?) and I would like it to be extra special with some giant bombin' in the mix.

What say you all?

Ideally it would have to be on the weekends of those weeks, like Friday or Saturday, but I'm game any night except for the 17th... because well, I'll be on a plane back to Chile by then. :)

Just as extra information, I'm not going on holidays really -- I'm coordinating a group that is going for a study tour at the School of Visual Arts for two weeks -- which is why I won't be able to trave around a lot and will have to stay in the island for most of the time due to my students running around everywhere, and a bar meet-up seems like something I could get away with safely enough!

Thanks for reading, guys!

#2 Posted by patbaer (127 posts) -

Yeah, I'm in.

If it's a small group, a fun place like Barcade would be cool (either Brooklyn or the new one in Manhattan). If we're talking big numbers, we'll have to look for a large space where we can take over. A place like the Thirsty Fan in midtown never seems busy.

#3 Posted by SkipperSonne (71 posts) -

I'm with it. I'm actually from Miami, and I wouldn't consider "Murica" to start until you get north of Orlando.

#4 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

That would be cool getting a chance to meet everyone. I'm a short drive away in Jersey so I only go every now and then and this would be something fun to come out to.

#5 Posted by Foodie_Monster (25 posts) -

I'm down for anything. Again, I'm not local at all so I cannot take charge in organizing anything, but I want to meet fellow bombers and hopefully Vinny, Alex and whoever else that happens to be in NYC at that time and wants to show up. I know I can't be the only one! :)

Is there any way of maybe asking Vinny/Alex about this? Maybe they want nothing to do with it at all, hahaha

#6 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (673 posts) -

One of the mods should reach out to Vinny/Alex. I know they said they liked what Patrick did in Chicago so they would definitley be into a NY meetup I'm sure.

#7 Edited by VierasTalo (782 posts) -

One of the mods should reach out to Vinny/Alex. I know they said they liked what Patrick did in Chicago so they would definitley be into a NY meetup I'm sure.

Or, you know, I could do this: @alex @vinny whooops

#8 Posted by Foodie_Monster (25 posts) -

@vierastalo:

I guess that works too! Let's hope they chime in!

#9 Edited by Dalai (7030 posts) -

I can get behind this as long as it's on a Saturday. I haven't been to Manhattan in several years so this is a good excuse to spend a weekend out there.

#10 Posted by Sparklykiss (1966 posts) -

Ahhhh, I would really love to go to this but it ain't cheap going from Indianapolis to NYC when you also have things like GenCon and PAX to budget.

That said, once you guys figure out a few more details, give me a shout and I can pin this to the top of the General Discussion board for ya!

#11 Posted by blueneurosis (98 posts) -

I possibly maybe could swing by, as my night shift schedule lately has been getting aggressively bonkers. I'd prefer a Manhattan venue, but in any case I would probably just have an hour to spare.

#12 Posted by Foodie_Monster (25 posts) -

I'm really glad to see that there is some interest in this! I knew I couldn't be the only one :)

@alex or @vinny read this yet?

#13 Posted by Meepasaurus (216 posts) -

Sounds good! Is there a space we can just rent out to play Gang Beasts? :P

#14 Posted by Ozzie (189 posts) -

That would be cool getting a chance to meet everyone. I'm a short drive away in Jersey so I only go every now and then and this would be something fun to come out to.

Same, I live right next to a train station so I'm a quick train ride away

#15 Posted by ch3burashka (5083 posts) -

Sounds good! Is there a space we can just rent out to play Gang Beasts? :P

Literally the one thing I think of whenever there's a reference to the NY offices. It's really fucking with my mind.

#16 Posted by thatpinguino (1014 posts) -

I would totally be down for one of these. I'm not the most bar-oriented so I don't know of any good Manhattan places unfortunately.

#17 Posted by PimblyCharles (1443 posts) -

Depending on the day chosen and my availability, I'll take the trip from Syracuse, NY to this.

#18 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

Alex and Vinny definitely were throwing around the idea of having a GBEAST meetup around this time when they were still settling down last month, so there's a strong chance we'll actually be able to do this once they're all set up and comfortable!

Considering they've been really good about pushing content, I think they're almost there!

#19 Posted by shinboy630 (1140 posts) -

I'd be down for this. My vote is for the new Barcade in Chelsea partly because I heard they have a 6man xmen machine (plus the barcade in jersey city is nice and I want to check this one out).

#20 Posted by Foodie_Monster (25 posts) -

Cool! I'm glad to see there's plenty of people interested! Still no word from Alex or Vinny though.

#21 Posted by Entreri10 (201 posts) -

My brother and I would definitely be down to join in on this too.

#22 Posted by thatpinguino (1014 posts) -

Any new developments on this?

#23 Edited by Hector (3365 posts) -

Are there still plans to move this forward? I am down to meet up.

#24 Posted by BabaORiely (98 posts) -

If this is still happening, I'm in.

#25 Posted by Dalai (7030 posts) -

Any news on the possible GB East meetup? If nobody has picked a date, I vote August 12th. Let's make this happen.

#26 Posted by Foodie_Monster (25 posts) -

I haven't heard anything from Vinny or Alex, but I'm wondering if anyone else is still up for this. Again, I'm not local or even from the US, so I have to differ to someone else to organize this! I'm ok any day!

#27 Posted by dusker (167 posts) -

This works for me. I'm in Brooklyn, but I can make a trip out wherever to hang. Maybe one person can be the organizer and get an email list going? Or maybe create a meetups page?

#28 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -

We should have a community meet-up once every month or maybe every 6 months. We'll meet up at a bar or something, once we get enough people coming maybe Vinny and Alex will show up?