Giant Bomb as Comfort Food??

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

Does anyone else feel good and safe knowing that GB will be there when you get home from work.  It all takes me back to the good old days of Gamespot when I was just finishing grade 8 and going into high school.  I remember being blinded by Ryan's ultra bleached, but awesome, hair...Brad talking about how he had to play games sitting indian style in front of his TV and Jeff concocting a nice spaghetti sandwich...I actually still make Tim Tracy's cheap and easy bachelor's casserole.  I am 22 now, going on 23 this September and I still think fondly of all the good memories the GB personalities have brought me over the past decade.  These gentlemen helped shape how I have come to view not only games, but in some ways popular culture as a whole.  It's odd because GB and the entire GB community give me both a sense of nostalgia and a bright outlook on the future of our dear hobby so my hat is off to everyone...thank you for helping this community not only survive, but thrive.  Oh I forgot....BASSS SOLO!!!!!!

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Does anyone else feel good and safe knowing that GB will be there when you get home from work.  It all takes me back to the good old days of Gamespot when I was just finishing grade 8 and going into high school.  I remember being blinded by Ryan's ultra bleached, but awesome, hair...Brad talking about how he had to play games sitting indian style in front of his TV and Jeff concocting a nice spaghetti sandwich...I actually still make Tim Tracy's cheap and easy bachelor's casserole.  I am 22 now, going on 23 this September and I still think fondly of all the good memories the GB personalities have brought me over the past decade.  These gentlemen helped shape how I have come to view not only games, but in some ways popular culture as a whole.  It's odd because GB and the entire GB community give me both a sense of nostalgia and a bright outlook on the future of our dear hobby so my hat is off to everyone...thank you for helping this community not only survive, but thrive.  Oh I forgot....BASSS SOLO!!!!!!

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By aurahack

Well, I haven't eaten yet and it's been an hour since I've woken up... it's maybe not entirely comfort food but it's most certainly keeping me away from it.

CharlesSurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CharlesSurge

You're right, the lovely Giant Bomb videos and content created by the lovely Giant Bomb Crew help me de-stress between college classes, or in the summer: help me de-stress from playing RPGs. Oh, also in the summer, I like to listen to the Giant Bombcasts while counting money from the soda vendor my family owns. 

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By TheKidNixon

Glancing over Giant Bomb after a stressful day certainly can have a very cathartic quality to it.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Spike94
@chocolaterhinovampire:
Beautifully put, sir. I agree. And yes, I never thought to think of them like that, but I suppose you could put it that way...I definitly go on this site way too often the way it is. When I'm disappointed there isn't a new video up, I only have myself to blame...
liquid3600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By liquid3600

All I know is that before I discovered Giant Bomb, I used to get really fucking bummed out on Mondays, having to go back to work and all.  Every Friday was like the new, best day of my life.  I'd go out and party and sit around and play video games all weekend long.  It was the best.  NOW, however.  Monday is quite literally my favorite day of the week.  Every time I hear, "Mooooooooooooondaaaaaaaaay, and the rest of the weeeeek!" *BANG* I get happy.  Every Friday, as the new video posts and news stories appearing on the site start to slow to a halt I get super bummed and I dread the impending weekend.  Giant Bomb has completely flipped the script on the way I live my life.

Avatar image for kowalskitakepoint
KowalskiTakePoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By KowalskiTakePoint
@LiQuid3600 said:
" All I know is that before I discovered Giant Bomb, I used to get really fucking bummed out on Mondays, having to go back to work and all.  Every Friday was like the new, best day of my life.  I'd go out and party and sit around and play video games all weekend long.  It was the best.  NOW, however.  Monday is quite literally my favorite day of the week.  Every time I hear, "Mooooooooooooondaaaaaaaaay, and the rest of the weeeeek!" *BANG* I get happy.  Every Friday, as the new video posts and news stories appearing on the site start to slow to a halt I get super bummed and I dread the impending weekend.  Giant Bomb has completely flipped the script on the way I live my life. "
this