• 187 results
Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -

In case you missed it during our PAX Prime 2012 panel, we recently announced a loving, trust-based partnership with our friends behind the incredibly distasteful parlour game Cards Against Humanity, with a limited-edition Giant Bomb-themed expansion pack as the expected fruit of this eldritch coupling. For those not already familiar with Cards Against Humanity--either from its multiple Thursday Night Throwdown appearances or its generally increasing cultural profile--it's essentially Apples to Apples or Mad Libs, but calibrated with Swiss precision for a nuclear brinksmanship level of offensiveness. So, you know, right up our alley.

As with the core Cards Against Humanity experience, crowdsourcing ideas for new cards for our expansion pack is an important part of the process, which is where you come in. There's a special page already up at Cards Against Humanity Dot Com where you can submit your stupid ideas--ideas that we will, no doubt, mock derisively when the Giant Bomb and Cards Against Humanity staffs (staves?) meet up to decide which cards will make the cut.

Feel free to submit any of your favorite Giant Bomb references, or just whatever funny, absurd, random, offensive thing that springs to mind, though know that one of our main goals here is to make an expansion worthy of one of our favorite games that'll be fun to play, even for those who don't know why that deer is wearing a wrestling mask, and don't care. (Example: me!)

Either way, whoever wins, we lose.

#1 Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -

In case you missed it during our PAX Prime 2012 panel, we recently announced a loving, trust-based partnership with our friends behind the incredibly distasteful parlour game Cards Against Humanity, with a limited-edition Giant Bomb-themed expansion pack as the expected fruit of this eldritch coupling. For those not already familiar with Cards Against Humanity--either from its multiple Thursday Night Throwdown appearances or its generally increasing cultural profile--it's essentially Apples to Apples or Mad Libs, but calibrated with Swiss precision for a nuclear brinksmanship level of offensiveness. So, you know, right up our alley.

As with the core Cards Against Humanity experience, crowdsourcing ideas for new cards for our expansion pack is an important part of the process, which is where you come in. There's a special page already up at Cards Against Humanity Dot Com where you can submit your stupid ideas--ideas that we will, no doubt, mock derisively when the Giant Bomb and Cards Against Humanity staffs (staves?) meet up to decide which cards will make the cut.

Feel free to submit any of your favorite Giant Bomb references, or just whatever funny, absurd, random, offensive thing that springs to mind, though know that one of our main goals here is to make an expansion worthy of one of our favorite games that'll be fun to play, even for those who don't know why that deer is wearing a wrestling mask, and don't care. (Example: me!)

Either way, whoever wins, we lose.

#2 Posted by wumbo3000 (1005 posts) -

That's insane.

#3 Posted by Deadmanforking (579 posts) -

Hope.

#4 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -

Maybe I should get this when it's out. I don't have a deck yet.

#5 Posted by Jackhole (390 posts) -

Floppy naturals

#6 Posted by xMEGADETHxSLY (445 posts) -

CAME ON MYSLF

#7 Posted by Yummylee (22538 posts) -

I love how this is filed under Baditude, given the recent debate.

#8 Posted by huntad (1958 posts) -

@Jackhole said:

Floppy naturals

If this isn't in the deck, I'm gonna be really disappointed.

#9 Posted by Hooded (435 posts) -

I sleep like a baby after bathing in a tub full of _______.

#10 Posted by Ironlink (43 posts) -

So, will this be available outside USA and Canada? I find it quite ridiculous that they wont let Amazon ship their cards anywhere else.

#11 Posted by papercut (3551 posts) -

Why is this attached to Baditude ?

#12 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (742 posts) -

"The kind of boner you get while watching a Sim die."

#13 Posted by nickux (1377 posts) -

Already thinking of some good (horrible) submissions. My only thing is I wish the submission page had a few more options like a checkbox to signify if you're writing a white or black card, do you write one card idea per submission, etc.

#14 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I'll try to not post stupid GiantBomb memes!

#15 Posted by andrew2696 (358 posts) -

I'm assuming Patrick has biggest, blackest dick covered? Screw it I'm using it again.

#16 Posted by ElixirBronze (447 posts) -

Contributed with "Big ass ramp". don't know if it's funny or not just something half-related to giant bomb.

#17 Posted by Mordi (553 posts) -

Should find some way to incorporate Big Jeffrey into this.

#18 Posted by Begilerath (175 posts) -

@Hooded said:

I sleep like a baby after bathing in a tub full of _______.

Peter Molyneux

#19 Posted by heatDrive88 (2402 posts) -

Just submitted:

"The tired look on Jeff Gerstmann's face when asked how to get into video games journalism."

#20 Edited by LobsterMobster (59 posts) -

Secret Cave Hair

#21 Posted by Moncole (636 posts) -

"Nothing is bigger than Patricks hair except ________"

#22 Posted by Toug (333 posts) -

Baditude.

#23 Posted by ShaggE (6698 posts) -

"A goddamn Dachshund."

#24 Posted by isomeri (1414 posts) -

I'm really hoping that this won't be US-only.

#25 Posted by subrandom (118 posts) -

Gaming for me is a religion and Haze is the shit.

#26 Posted by sonicrift (305 posts) -

Will Smith's Cum Face

#27 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Time to put my inhuman thinking cap on...

#28 Posted by Sergio (2247 posts) -

@sonicrift said:

Will Smith's Cum Face

That card should just have that image -- no text.

#29 Posted by myketuna (1756 posts) -

"Naked cartoon pussy" must be a white card.

Not too sure about a black card. I really don't want to make it to "in-joke-y" because then no one but the community would "get" it.

#30 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

"Seven Hundred and Seventy Five Million Dollars."

#31 Posted by myketuna (1756 posts) -

@sonicrift said:

Will Smith's Cum Face

This works on two levels. I love it.

#32 Posted by AngryWombat (3 posts) -

"I'm __________, and that looks fucked up."

#33 Posted by Random88 (284 posts) -

Here are the ones I just submitted

White Cards

- Never being able to look your dog in the eyes again.

- Lauging outside an orphanage

- Breaking into a zoo to steal a monkey

- Your right hand turning into a girl

- Throwing a bottle of piss at singers you don't like

#34 Posted by notdavid (842 posts) -

Is "WUB WUB WUB" already a card? Because I just now took care of that.

#35 Posted by Redhorn (209 posts) -

Too bad that I can't get credited for all of my unspeakably genius submissions. ;_;

#36 Posted by soralapio (261 posts) -

When you submit stuff, does the page just reset for anyone else? Am I supposed to get some kind of "way to go, you submitted stuff" page or is it working as intended?

#37 Posted by m2cks (594 posts) -

I contributed with "beating 100%" and "Jurassic Park dubstep". I'll have to listen to more bombcasts to get more ideas, haha.

#38 Posted by Pudge (922 posts) -

NOTHING STOPS THE GAME ROOM QUICK LOOK. Well, nothing except for _________

#39 Posted by Pudge (922 posts) -

@soralapio said:

When you submit stuff, does the page just reset for anyone else? Am I supposed to get some kind of "way to go, you submitted stuff" page or is it working as intended?

That's what happens for me too, seems to be as designed.

#40 Posted by bkbroiler (1641 posts) -

I can't wait to watch the video content of the GB / Cards guys debating and choosing the submissions.

#41 Edited by Atlas (2457 posts) -

Black card ideas:

• "It sucks when you look in the fridge, and all you have to eat is..."
  • "Instead of organised religion, I live my life according to the teachings of..."
  • "You can take the ____ out of _____, but you can't take the (second blank) out of (first blank)."
  • "I almost dropped out of college to pursue a career in..."
  • "I can't help but think about ____ while having a conversation with ______"
  • "The first time I saw two men making out, my first instinct was to..."

White card ideas:

• Giving over to the dark side.
  • An unnecessary hemorrhage.
  • Forgetting to bring your phone to the bathroom when you poop.
  • Defying the laws of physics.
  • George Brett's pine tar bat.
  • The swollen breasts of a woman pregnant with quintuplets.
  • A white man trying to dance.
  • Sleep apnea.
  • Trying to find a good pizza place at 3am.
  • The Rape of Nanjing
  • A vagina with teeth.
  • Mastication.
  • Female circumcision.
  • Flipping off a bus full of disabled children because it cut you off.
  • The euthanasia debate.
  • Beating an autistic child at his own game.
  • MC Hammer
  • Realising that you're outnumbered by people of the opposite race.
  • The Jewish Diaspora.
  • A woman's gay friend.

EDIT: Didn't read the whole post, if I had I'd know that this isn't the place to submit ideas. But here's what I came up with, if you think there are any winners in there let me know and I'll submit the best ones.

#42 Posted by Brandino (261 posts) -

I still need to buy Cards Against Humanity. It's always out of stock /sadface

#43 Edited by Nerolus (247 posts) -

@Deadmanforking:

Ryan and I at Pax 2012. Sporting my Cards Against Humanity contest shirt.

#44 Posted by Winternet (8053 posts) -

I want to apologize in advance for the numerous card ideas regarding the ER:P4 I will no doubt send in the near future.

#45 Posted by TwoGunsABlazin (48 posts) -

Here's hoping the community can come up with something better than what Ryan had on last weeks Bombcast!

#46 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@subrandom said:

______ for me is a religion and _____ is the shit.

works better as a black card really

#47 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Do I post multiple in one submission? Or do I make a submission for every single idea?

#48 Edited by iAmJohn (6134 posts) -

"Why is that deer wearing a wrestling mask?" would be a pretty funny black card, FYI.

#49 Posted by WJist (308 posts) -

I love everything about this stupid goddamn website and what stupidity it makes possible. CAH IDEAS SUBMITTED

#50 Posted by UnderWing (30 posts) -

I did the necessary submissions of "Face and Neck Stabbings", "Mysterious Fox", "Peter Molyneux", "Peter Molyneux's Balls", and "Unconditional Love". Low-hanging fruit, mostly, but they needed to at least be on the list.