#1 Posted by siddarth0605 (116 posts) -

Giant Bomb Game of the Year Best New Song - Sons of Skyrim (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)

Concept art for Skyrim.

As the theme song for the elder scrolls v, the Sons of Skyrim is a fantastic song that sets up the world that the player will lose days of their life to. I will not waste too much time talking about the instrumentation and the vocal harmony in conjunction with the percussion and all that bullshit. Instead I will let the song explain itself.

Runner Up - Build That Wall (Bastion)

#2 Posted by pubbles (140 posts) -

Like every year, it's this song

But in all seriousness I agree on the Skyrim song, and I would like to counter your bastion song with this Bastion song

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11725 posts) -

@coopersy: I would like to counter your Bastion song with the entire soundtrack :o

#4 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Best song in Bastion right here.

#5 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

I was actually really bummed that this song did not get a mention.

#6 Posted by RecSpec (3770 posts) -

To clutter up the forums less you could probably combine the winner topic with the voting for the next topic. 

Would make searching a hell of a lot easier.

#7 Posted by Sgtpierceface (613 posts) -

Man, that Skyrim trailer gives me chills every time.

#8 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -

Winner:

Runner up:

#9 Posted by BeachThunder (11725 posts) -

@Kyreo said:

I mentioned it, but then I changed my vote to Build That Wall from Bastion >__>

#10 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5138 posts) -

The Dragon Age 2 is by far one of the most underappreciated soundtracks I have ever seen (or heard).

Winner - Rouge Heart (Dragon Age II)

Runner Up - Destiny of Love (Dragon Age II)

#11 Posted by DeathTrap (239 posts) -

@Kyreo said:

That's my winner right there.

Runner Up: Any song from Bastion

#12 Posted by DaemonBlack (342 posts) -

I approve of those winners.

#13 Posted by ahgunsillyo (445 posts) -

I don't know if I would necessarily consider the Skyrim theme a "new song" per se, as it is an arrangement on the theme that has was also in Morrowind and Oblivion with some (albeit entirely awesome) chanting in the Dovah language.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying at all that I don't like the Skyrim theme. I certainly think it is one of the best pieces of video game music this year, and it never fails to get my blood pumping. But I'm just not sure if I can consider it for Best New Song.

That said, this is my choice for Best New Song this year (and perhaps even Best Song in a Video Game this year).

@coopersy said:

But in all seriousness I agree on the Skyrim song, and I would like to counter your bastion song with this Bastion song