• 57 results
#1 Edited by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

On our first episode of a brand new podcast called Giant Bomb Community Podcast(GBCP for short), @phatmac, @ackbarthegreat, @atlas, @toowalrus, @reddenblack, and @believer258 discuss a wide range of gaming topics that include Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, and much more. We also discuss some Giant Bomb community stuff that is mostly about Ryan Davis drinking breast milk and sitting on cakes. We also discuss Bioshock Infinite in a spoiler discussion at the end of the episode. You can listen to the podcast in two ways. You can view the recording on youtube which is at the top of this post or listen to it in audio form.

Here's the link to listen to it in audio form: http://www.filedropper.com/giantbombcommunitypodcast-episode1infinitebiotalk

If you have any questions to ask us please reach us at GiantBombCommunityPodcast@gmail.com

Be sure to subscribe to our youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/CommunityBombcast?feature=watch

Please let us know what you think in the comments section below. Keep in mind that this'll get better as we get some more experience. Don't be jerks!

Thanks to @irrelevantjohn for creating a handy RSS feed for the podcast!

http://gbcommunity.podomatic.com/rss2.xml

SECOND EPISODE IS UP HERE: http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/giant-bomb-community-podcast-episode-2-japan-game--1431887/#11

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14779 posts) -

WORST PODCAST EVER. =p

But seriously, good job guys. Are you six the actual official roster now?

#3 Posted by ReddenBlack (122 posts) -

Not 100% sure yet, but we will probably have two new people next week, and an occasionally rotating cast.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Are you six the actual official roster now?

It's the first episode, so I can't imagine anything being set in stone.

#5 Edited by posh (478 posts) -

I know that nobody necessarily likes or knows me but I'd love to be on one of these one day

#6 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

Li'l Bombcast

#7 Posted by ReddenBlack (122 posts) -
#8 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

Ms. Bombcast

#9 Posted by ShaggE (6429 posts) -

@demoskinos: I'll (hopefully) be there on time next week to join in, haha, as well as at least one other. The plan is a rotating seat or two.

Can't wait to listen to this myself. If the testcast was any indication, it should be great.

#10 Posted by AckbarTheGreat (419 posts) -
#11 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -
#12 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

Bombcast 64

#13 Edited by believer258 (11820 posts) -

Bombcast 64

I actually like this one a little bit.

#14 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1064 posts) -

What is this crap? Nah I kid, this is pretty good for the first episode. Need an RSS feed?

#15 Posted by ReddenBlack (122 posts) -
#16 Edited by IrrelevantJohn (1064 posts) -

@reddenblack: ok cool. The only thing I recommend for you guys is to lower the bitrate to maybe 64kbps or make it mono. The file is freakin huge!

#17 Posted by ReddenBlack (122 posts) -

@irrelevantjohn: we actually had a discussion about that, thanx for the info!

#18 Edited by mrfluke (5131 posts) -
#19 Posted by ReddenBlack (122 posts) -

@mrfluke I think we are looking into it...

#20 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

Giant Bombtunes

#21 Edited by Atlas (2437 posts) -

Really glad to be a part of this. I had zero podcast experience before this, and maybe that shows, but it was still a lot of fun to do this. And yes, I definitely had plenty of stuff to say about BioShock.

#22 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I still have intreast if you want someone else.

#23 Posted by Sander (413 posts) -

Subscribed!

Just starting, first impressions: Love the diversity! Sounds like an excellent group who'll be interesting to listen to.

Hope people will try to interrupt one another less.

I'm only the third person to subscribe? There should be many, many more than that.

#24 Edited by ReddenBlack (122 posts) -

@sander: Thanx for subscribing! We discussed some ideas on not talking over each other. It should get better in the next episode

#25 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

I'll keep you updated. :)

#26 Edited by mrfluke (5131 posts) -

@marino Gots another one that interesting for the community showcase.

#27 Posted by LackingSaint (1792 posts) -

I like this! I agree that the Ghost fights were pretty bunk in Bioshock. If you guys ever need a backup brit, i'm always up for a go-around.

#28 Edited by kishinfoulux (2288 posts) -

If you are indeed open to others being on every once in a while I'd love to do so. Also good work guys.

#29 Edited by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Cool, we're on the main page of Giant Bomb. :)

#30 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4339 posts) -

Nice work, I really hope the forums make it back to the front page soon because I feel behind on what the hell is happening in here. Yes I can't be bothered to constantly hit the forums tab every time I want to browse.

#31 Posted by mlarrabee (2932 posts) -

Ha! My question on these forums regarding whether or not ICO stands up is vindicated!

#32 Edited by Atlas (2437 posts) -

@phatmac said:

Cool, we're on the main page of Giant Bomb. :)

It's all happened so fast. I'm really glad that I jumped on board with your idea early.

#33 Posted by AlexW00d (6240 posts) -

Is this why y'all were in our mumble server the other week? If you want yourselves a private channel instead of just using an established game's channel all you need to do is ask. If that wasn't the reason y'all were in there, think of this as me offering you a private channel if you want. Skype is probably much better though? I have no idea of the bitrate skype uses.

#34 Posted by TooWalrus (13178 posts) -

@alexw00d: We're using skype now, that first week was pretty much 3 hours of 12 people shooting the shit and sometimes talking about podcast stuff.

#35 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1633 posts) -

@believer258 why didn't you tell me about this?! D: I'm hurt!

#36 Edited by believer258 (11820 posts) -

@believer258 why didn't you tell me about this?! D: I'm hurt!

Oh God. Sorry, it didn't cross my mind to post about this in the PM!

#37 Edited by RetroVirus (1471 posts) -

Subscribed duders. Looking forward this! You all probably have ideas of what to do about cast members and rotations, but I'd be down to come on some time if you were all into that. (Random community guests, whatever). Again, you all probably have planned this out already. Cheers!

#38 Posted by Dalai (7022 posts) -

You couldn't call this Bomb Should Have a Face 2? Does @mattbodega own the name to the rights or something?

#39 Edited by Ghostiet (5252 posts) -

I wanna be on the next episode. : (

#40 Edited by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

I'll invite you to the next episode Ghost! :)

#41 Posted by Sergotron (483 posts) -

Great 1st go guys. Well done.

Only thing that could have been better was not to be held back by worry of spoilers. I think worrying about spoilers really hurts the conversation.

#42 Edited by Snail (8597 posts) -

Nice podcast guys. I'm actually listening to this, and I don't listen to a whole range of video-game podcasts. It's being a fun listen.

So far the only criticism I have is that six people might be a bit too much for a Skype podcast. Maybe have only 4 or 5 people next time? It seemed that you started interrupting one another a fair bit. For this type of VoIP podcast you were surprisingly well coordinated though, so maybe this is just scrutinous bickering.

When can we expect the next episode?

#43 Edited by ReddenBlack (122 posts) -

@snail: probably either monday or tuesday.

#44 Edited by Turambar (6743 posts) -

Why have I always been reading your username as Phanmtac until now...

#45 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@phatmac said:

@the_laughing_man said:

I'll keep you updated. :)

Cool I miss being on a podcast.

#46 Edited by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

@turambar said:

Why have I always been reading your username as Phanmtac until now...

Why have I always read your name as tuarmabar???

#47 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5438 posts) -

:) Good job duders. Always nice having some more bioshock talk. (:

#48 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

If you guys have any questions for the next episode either leave them in this thread or email GiantBombCommunityPodcast@gmail.com

#49 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -

Why is the download version cut off?

#50 Edited by TooWalrus (13178 posts) -

Why is the download version cut off?

That's the first time anyone's mentioned this. I just downloaded the file myself, and it seemed to run the whole 1 hour 57 minutes and end with us bullshitting about e-mailing us pictures of cats. Maybe the download got cut off, it should be 107MB (which is something we'll probably be fixing for tomorrows episode.)