• 68 results
Leone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Leone

And likewise, the need for moderation is as much preventative as it is reactive- just look at the people who go into the various console's forums and intentionally throw up flamebait. So long as that thread gets one response, that's enough to successfully troll. Just looking at a PSN ID thread I posted in not too long ago, someone's jumped in and posted "XBOX LIVE FTW" which is entirely unnecessary and looking for trouble. Sure, chances are it'll get ignored, but all it takes is one post to cause an avalanche. Hiding the post just covers up the issue- there needs to be some way to say "hey look, this post is asking for it, so just get rid of it, k?"

Fanboy flame wars are just as bad as a good troll spamming a forum to death. We can't expect everyone to be a model, upright citizen all the time, but we do need someone to clean up the garbage posts when they happen.

patrick5152003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By patrick5152003

awesome. this is what i was hoping for. thanks guys. you guys rule to no end.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By I_smell
I sure hope mods can take a joke. Like this for example:

Leone
said:
"Just looking at a PSN ID thread I posted in not too long ago, someone's jumped in and posted "XBOX LIVE FTW" which is entirely unnecessary "
There's no need to get all pissy about somethin like that.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Gary_Jinfield

Moderation is quite useful as it helps prevent a Lord of the Flies type scenario.

Dakota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Dakota

I believe there should be some form of moderation.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Blu_Magic
p4ddym1607 said:
"There has to some form of moderation
"
Agreed.
PinkElephant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By PinkElephant

It's ballsy, but I like it.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By atejas
Boo said:
"Glad it's not as strict as Gamespot
"
strictness isnt really the problem, its either douchebags banning people left and right for no reason, or fanboys getting butthurt when someone criticises their console(not flaming or insulting).
and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By and333

We need alittle bit of moderation cause theres a tits and ass thread and a chick thread, I don't want giant bomb becoming 4chan!

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By Blubba

Getting moderators isn't a problem in my mind. GB just needs to make the right calls on who becomes one. They also need to be willing to demote a mod if he/she becomes a little corrupt, something "that other site" should have done.

Rain_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Rain_Dog
Gary_Jinfield said:
"Moderation is quite useful as it helps prevent a Lord of the Flies type scenario."
lol Lord of the Flies is a pretty extreme example, but I see what you're saying.
K2Valor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By K2Valor

I don't think its the matter of the actual community becoming uncivilized, but rather an attack by trolls from some other site. It happens.

loki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#63  Edited By loki

The moderation is done by the people isn't it? If someone is posting stupid crap, you can lower the rating on their posts so that they can't be seen anymore. Either way I agree there needs to be some form of moderation. Even if 99.9% of the people who post here are awesome and follow the rules all the time, you're always going to get that 0.1% who are going to be a dick for the sake of being a dick, and that's what you need moderators for. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By deskp
Realkilla789 said:
"As stated in the podcast, the staff said that they don't want to have to clamp us down. They expect us to stay civilized. But as we all know, not everyone is civilized so let's not take this for granted. If many of us keep being d*cks they could just decide to put mods in. Let's be mature guys.
"
why should we care if theres mods or not? t wont affect us anyways .. the people that does stay civilized.

and cant we just like rate peoples posts so they get hidden? if the posts are doing "illegal" stuff x]

iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By iamsickofspam
Realkilla789 said:
"As stated in the podcast, the staff said that they don't want to have to clamp us down. They expect us to stay civilized. But as we all know, not everyone is civilized so let's not take this for granted. If many of us keep being d*cks they could just decide to put mods in. Let's be mature guys.
"

I agree, but like i said on earlier topics about this, it would be silly to assume there wont be a slight 1% who spoil it for everybody else. Some people get some kind of juvenile buzz out of creating chaos for other website users, same can be said for any website, but the important question is, how far does GB have to moderate.

Ive seen websites with no moderation at all apart from the original admins, just don't think that's going to be the case here, 10000+ accounts, somebody is going spoil it for everybody else, the odds are too great, and I'm not being negative just realistic, i have faith for the most part us GB'ers will be fine, hopefully it will calm down now we have a couple of mods.

Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By Why_So_Serious
iamsickofspam said:
"Realkilla789 said:
"

I agree, but like i said on earlier topics about this, it would be silly to assume there wont be a slight 1% who spoil it for everybody else. Some people get some kind of juvenile buzz out of creating chaos for other website users, same can be said for any website, but the important question is, how far does GB have to moderate.

Ive seen websites with no moderation at all apart from the original admins, just don't think that's going to be the case here, 10000+ accounts, somebody is going spoil it for everybody else, the odds are too great, and I'm not being negative just realistic, i have faith for the most part us GB'ers will be fine, hopefully it will calm down now we have a couple of mods.

"
Yes hopefully it will calm down. Only time will tell though. If we can keep our heads, unlike the people who make the tits or ass threads, then this freedom that has been granted to us won't be spoiled. Now talking about the guy who went in a PSN thread and said"XBOX FTW!" if a mod is pissed off by that then they shouldn't  be a mod. Its a joke don't let one post cause you to report him. If he makes a string of those than yes they should all be deleted. Otherwise, deal with it.
Roland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Roland

I think there does need to be SOME moderation........But over-moderation can and will ruin a forum's community. If you need proof check out the Game Informer forums. You could say I am an exile from there.

CaseyW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By CaseyW

people will act like jerks with or without mods around but at least with mods the jerks get removed more quickly.