#1 Posted by Excast (1031 posts) -

Does anyone else find it a little strange that relatively little has been coming out from the NY office over the last few weeks? It seems like they were actually releasing a fair number of Quick Looks and live streams when they had equipment issues, but now with their equipment apparently there (I think?) we've only been getting about one or two videos a week tops.

I wonder what's up.

#2 Posted by Corevi (4333 posts) -

They are doing CBSi stuff.

#3 Posted by FinalDasa (1971 posts) -

Not a lot is coming out really. I think they've been doing fantastic considering the location and lack of equipment. I'm sure before too long they'll be cranking out more and more content.

#4 Posted by BradBrains (1141 posts) -

@finaldasa: yea with so much nothing I'm surprised they have been able crank out so many quick looks this summer.

#5 Posted by FinalDasa (1971 posts) -

@darkstalker: I like that they've been catching a lot of the Steam stuff. That wilderness survival game (can't recall the name) was really interesting and a fun QL.

#6 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3504 posts) -

To be honest that first train of quick looks hit me so hard I'm still recovering.

It felt to me like they were getting less comments as they went on, so maybe less views too, so maybe they felt that an explosion of content isn't necessarily the best way to go, and make more selective videos.

Also, I'm hoping in the slow down Vinny has been cooking up something wild.

Buckwild.

#7 Posted by Seikenfreak (551 posts) -

Can't wait for them to get around to the PC build chillout video or stream. And any other videos they do about getting the studio set up.

At least I hope this is coming since they seemed to suggest they wanted to do these videos.

#8 Posted by ianh83 (96 posts) -

The only thing I've been wondering about is whether CBS splashed out on anything more powerful than a voodoo2 graphics card for them given most of their content. (Not that I mind given 95% of the stuff worth looking at comes from small indie teams these days).

#9 Posted by BradBrains (1141 posts) -

@finaldasa: Yea giant bomb and crazy work well. Also it goes back to what i often watch quick looks for: games that i dont know about or enough about and am wondering if I would like it by seeing likeminded people play it and make jokes.

#10 Posted by conmulligan (688 posts) -

I hope they're taking some time to figure out what they want to do with the NY studio. The volume of content lately has been great and all, but I'm not sure that just churning out more Quick Looks is the best way to make use of the extra manpower.

#11 Posted by TurboMan (7678 posts) -

They don't have the proper equipment yet to do anything from what I can tell. I think Vinny said in the beginning of a video that they won't get anything until September or something like that.

#12 Posted by The_Nubster (2315 posts) -

I think they decided to slow down a little and really think about what they were doing. I loved the amount of content they were putting out at first but there are only so many indie/survival games to look at, you know? Along with their struggling to capture and play at the same time, their relative quiet is probably an indication of them regrouping and thinking their strategy out, or a sign that they've got some new equipment that they're getting and setting up.

#13 Posted by myrealnameisdj (7 posts) -

It's almost like Vinny read this thread and then answered it on his twitter just now.

The new equipment is apparently finally set up.

#14 Edited by Hunter5024 (5888 posts) -

I just hope we get Vinny in some sort of podcast soon. I miss him in my ears.

#15 Edited by Chaser324 (6712 posts) -

Vinny has tweeted out several things in the past week that make it look like he's been doing a lot of work on finalizing their studio space. I'm sure that they'll be producing more in the very near future.

#16 Posted by AMyggen (3499 posts) -
#17 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2270 posts) -

[dusts off book of old jokes]

They are just settling into the new office

#19 Posted by pinner458 (818 posts) -

I've kind of been wondering what they spend their days doing too...

#20 Posted by BBAlpert (1551 posts) -

I was wondering when someone would bring that one back out.

#21 Edited by BisonHero (6764 posts) -

Have they done any console quick looks? I remember they bought consoles back when they did the How to Build a Beast video, but all I can remember them playing since is Steam games, or something on the Retron 5.

I'm not trying to say "Fuck them! Where are the console quick looks?", but more so I'm just wondering why that was like one of their first purchases, when it had little to do with the games they wanted to base video content around. Or do they still not have a good TV in the studio or something?

#22 Posted by Veektarius (4966 posts) -

Time is a flat circle.

#23 Posted by phantomzxro (1583 posts) -

I just want more Vinny. I miss him in the podcast and i miss his dynamic with the other crew members. So hopefully they can get a podcast going with Patrick and find some interesting content they can add to giant bomb. I'm sure it just a matter of getting settled in and finding their groove.

#24 Posted by thefriend (157 posts) -

Their space is so small, and they lack crew. I'm sure it took a every long time to get everything setup. I'm not sure just sending Vinny and Alex for GB East was a really good idea.

I just want Viinny back with the GANG. D:

#25 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3504 posts) -

Giant Beast part 2 was grrrrreat. Probably took some time to edit too.

Vinny.

He's the best.

#26 Posted by Superkenon (1484 posts) -

Their space is so small, and they lack crew. I'm sure it took a every long time to get everything setup. I'm not sure just sending Vinny and Alex for GB East was a really good idea.

I just want Viinny back with the GANG. D:

It was less "sending Vinny east" and more "Vinny's moving east no matter what; here's a way to keep him as part of the site and also build something cool."

His presence in the west is missed for suresies, but GBEast has already produced oodles of cool stuff, and it seems like it'll only get better.

Also, more Alex at last.

#27 Edited by conmulligan (688 posts) -

@thefriend said:

Yeah, I really hope GB aren't just able to recruit every couple of years and they'll have the capacity to expand GB East relatively quickly. Even just a third person would make a huge difference.

#28 Posted by Mortuss_Zero (361 posts) -

I've liked what's come out of GBeast quite a bit so far, being able to see more of Alex is a plus, even if I see less of Master Vinny. I have high hopes that they can keep pleasing me. It seems like... when one branch is doing alot, the others slow down considerably. When GBWest got slow, Patrick made a ton of stuff in Chicago. Then Vinny moved, and we got a bunch of GBeast, while Chicago slowed down. Now we get a lot of GBWest thanks to Dan and Jason, but Chicago and East have dried up a good bit. Seems like they space this stuff out semi-purposefully. (I don't want to attribute too much fore-thinking to these guys)