#1 Edited by Superkenon (1396 posts) -

Alright, so I've been revisiting some old GOTY stuff in anticipation of this year's deliberations. Finding old videos and podcasts isn't too difficult with proper use of the search feature, though I still find myself wishing there was just one big page with links to everything.

So I decided maybe I should make a thread for that very purpose??? Yeah, that's a fine idea! So, here's my stab at gathering it all up. Please lemme know if I've missed anything, and I'll gladly add it to this post.

Nomination Videos:

Bombcasts:

"Best" Videos:

Top Tens:

Bombcasts:

Recap Videos:

Top Tens:

Bombcasts:

Recap Videos:

Top Tens:

Bombcasts:

Bonus:

Recap Videos:

Top Tens:

Bombcasts:

Bonus:

Oh, And Articles!

Just to avoid making the main list too huge, I've tossed the articles down here. Like some kind of second-class citizen. Also, as a disclaimer, since some of these articles date back to like five million site designs ago, they're sadly full of broken links.

Whew, Duder!

That should do it. Hopefully I didn't bork something up in there! (EDIT: I did!)

Now, get out there and enjoy some Giant Bomb GOTY! Look alive, soldier!

#2 Posted by ripelivejam (3573 posts) -

awesome, thanks!

#3 Edited by FLStyle (4590 posts) -

Much appreciated, I'll check out some old favourites!

#4 Posted by RadecAU (91 posts) -

Thanks, I was going to get some work done today, oh well.

#5 Posted by TheHT (10920 posts) -

finding this stuff before was a pain, especially if you didn't know which day had the moment in your mind, let alone which year.

thanks!

#6 Posted by Pimpsandwich (72 posts) -

You are a cool dude, buddy.

#7 Edited by Roboculus92 (486 posts) -

Thanks a lot duder! I was recently thinking about checking out some old GOTY videos so this really helps save me some time.

#8 Edited by Y2Ken (1080 posts) -

Thanks for doing this! I've been listening to the GotYs in reverse year order, currently at Day Five of 2010. I like to do that in December, really interests me to recall where we were at each year and compare.

#9 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (1446 posts) -

I'm glad to have a giant list like this, been meaning to rewatch the 2012 GOTY videos. I miss you Ryan but your performances in Collect-SHUN and Hunk-a-dunk still make me smile.

#10 Posted by ReCkLeSs_X (459 posts) -

You're awesome, man.

#11 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -

Ugh, Game of the Year stuff without Ryan is gonna hurt. :(

#12 Posted by vorpalparasite (275 posts) -

Fantastic work, good sir!

#13 Edited by punkxblaze (2957 posts) -

I kind of miss the dumb 2008 format with all the stupid awards. It feels more fun, and I don't take GOTY super seriously in the first place.

#14 Posted by dOm_CaTz (209 posts) -

2011, the year Saints Row The Third was the REAL game of the year.

#15 Posted by arkteck (2 posts) -

Just letting you know, for Vinny's GOTY 2012 list, you linked to his GOTY 2011 list instead.

#16 Edited by csl316 (8158 posts) -

This is good, important work. Nice.

#17 Posted by l3illyl3ob (278 posts) -

This is really nice, thanks duder! Sorry to ask for even more, but it would be nice to see the recap articles that have stuff like the guest top 10 lists in them.

#18 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5260 posts) -

Oh man, this is great duder. I remember it being pretty tedious trying to find last years. Having one central hub for all of them is great.

#19 Edited by Superkenon (1396 posts) -

@arkteck said:

Just letting you know, for Vinny's GOTY 2012 list, you linked to his GOTY 2011 list instead.

Whoops. But I suppose I was bound to make a mistake like that sooner or later~

Thanks, duder! Should be fixed now. (Hopefully that was the only one!)

This is really nice, thanks duder! Sorry to ask for even more, but it would be nice to see the recap articles that have stuff like the guest top 10 lists in them.

That's a good idea. I'll try and scrape through 'em when I get the chance. Thanks!

#20 Posted by Stete (725 posts) -

Cheers for compiling this list duder!

#21 Edited by Superkenon (1396 posts) -

@l3illyl3ob: YOUR WILL BE DONE. The main post is full of articles now!

Anyone remember if there were any guest top tens before 2010? Also, more articles for 2008? None of my magic keywords were turning up anything, so I have no choice but to assume they don't exist. Yes. Definitely impossible.

#22 Edited by Drebin_893 (2902 posts) -

That 2008 GOTY podcast was intense.

#23 Posted by Brodehouse (9623 posts) -

I think 2009 is the most fun of the series of podcasts.

Maybe I'll listen to all of these over again over some game that doesn't require audio.

#24 Edited by Jetlag (22 posts) -
#25 Posted by JayEH (520 posts) -

This is awesome. Thanks a lot! I still have fond memories over the MGS4 vs. GTA IV argument.

#26 Posted by Superkenon (1396 posts) -

@jetlag: Thanks for catching that! I definitely did run into that bug, and after a couple of passes, I thought I got everything. Alas. But they're added now!

Guess I should add 2013's business. I'll either sit down and gather that stuff up soon, or... maybe when I inevitably bump this thread towards the end of this year, haha.