Giant Bomb in 2014

• 138 results
Soviet666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I demand less content or more hours in a day to consume it.

cyberbloke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have loved to have watched Cara Ellison play through Half Life for the first time, as she mentioned on Bombing the AM.

andrew2696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103  Edited By andrew2696

I'm interested to see any live show ideas that happen. Or the Raid which I hoped could be sponsored by the Raid 2: Berandal.

But I'm sure I'd like whatever they decide to do.

Also my premium subscription was supposed to run out on the 31st but it's still going. Don't tell anyone I guess?

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just joined last year and I am super happy with the site. I wish I had joined earlier (so many videos to go through). So honestly I want more of the same. More exclusive videos as Tomb-omb said (like Load Our Last Souls), Would love to see more endurance runs, and I really would love to see the return of Thursday Night Throwdown.

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@davvyk: He said it directly in a Jar Time video.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9d14856890c
deactivated-5c9d14856890c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd love to see the live streams work on iOS somehow. Sure you can watch them once they're archived but it's just not the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9d14856890c
deactivated-5c9d14856890c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bigsocrates said:

A permanent and well-designed Ryan Davis in memorium section of the site so no matter how it evolves from here Ryan is not pushed out of the site and his content is always centralized in one place.

Yeah, this definitely needs to be a thing too. Great idea.

packs217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Recalling that it was the first few days of January that brought us Vinny's Euro Truck 2 and Sleeping Dogs madness, I'm just trying to live day-by-day in hopes that we get this again...

cyberbloke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny's Euro Truck 2 'aired' a couple of days after I subscribed. It had me in stitches.

I love anything with Vinny in it. He's always effortlessly funny.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By thatdutchguy

I want Jeff to clone himself.

Jar time once per month.

TNT should return.

Flight club twice per month.

Random PC game at least twice a month.

I love mondays.

Video reviews ?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#111 gamer_152  Moderator

Like some other people said, I'd like to see some of the features of the site get fixed up and ironed out first and foremost. There's still quite a bit of work to be done in that area, but I'm sure it's possible.

Malphye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Start live streams on time. Thank you and have a nice day.

zeyepawdz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might sound negative, but I'd like to see the crew get someone in with more of a hosting approach to their video content. Watching Ryan videos the last week, it reminded me how much of a presenter and mediator the guy was. His presence really facilitated serious discussion, and he knew when to change pace and tone. A great example of this is the Bioshock Infinite Spoilers video where they watched Vinnie finish the game live. Watching GOTY discussions and some of the recent live streams, they're really missing that person.

Also, Jeff looks afraid of the camera sometimes. Like a baby deer staring down headlights.

Additionally: More Steak-umms.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#115 rmanthorp  Moderator

JEFF GREEN

and danny

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I think the podcast player requires an unreasonable amount of resources to run. It is also prone to memory leaks for me. I can't be the only one. Something must be done.

Also, I would like to see more of Alexis.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@s10129107 said:

I think the podcast player requires an unreasonable amount of resources to run. It is also prone to memory leaks for me. I can't be the only one. Something must be done.

Also, I would like to see more of Alexis.

It once ate up over 1GB of RAM for me. Also, sometimes the player just straight up doesn't play at all.

Soviet666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Soviet666

Why don't you guys just download the videos? It gives you much more control over the content.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Send Drew on another trip to another country. That video is by far one of my favorite things on this site.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BIG YEAR, DUDERS! THIS IS THE YEAR WHEN WE GO MAINSTREAM, WHEN WE GO BALLS OUT, HEADSHOT CITY, ESPORTS!!!

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get the love for Jeff Green, just because he was funny in a Bejewel quick Look...you all adore him? I'd rather have a bloke with a teeming passion for games and a funny persona to boot, like Danny O'Dwyer.

I don't know if you know this but he's been around for quite some time in the gaming press (he was in Ziff Davis for about 17 years I believe), and I know a lot of people probably like him for his days at Ziff Davis/1UP/CGW/GFW Magazine and doing the GFW Radio podcast. He is passionate for games.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#122  Edited By ThePickle

I think a new staff member would be kind of cool. I trust the guys to hire someone good.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Also, Jeff looks afraid of the camera sometimes. Like a baby deer staring down headlights.

Dude you can't be serious with that. Jeff may not be the host Ryan is (I don't think he is either) but dudes been in front of a camera for years now.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best ideas I've seen in this thread are Jar Time esque videos from the rest of the crew (which I would love) and finally hiring the elusive "JRPG" expert.

Also enough of Danny or Jeff Green. Probably won't happen and honestly I don't get the fuss for the latter especially. I don't think he fits at all. Honestly I'd like to see some new blood. Yeah they could poach from somewhere or get someone familiar, but how about some new faces?

@gaspower said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

I don't get the love for Jeff Green, just because he was funny in a Bejewel quick Look...you all adore him? I'd rather have a bloke with a teeming passion for games and a funny persona to boot, like Danny O'Dwyer.

I don't know if you know this but he's been around for quite some time in the gaming press (he was in Ziff Davis for about 17 years I believe), and I know a lot of people probably like him for his days at Ziff Davis/1UP/CGW/GFW Magazine and doing the GFW Radio podcast. He is passionate for games.

See I never really gave a fuck about 1up nor saw the fuss about them that some people have. When people look back on them, with reverence, I just shrug. I also imagine it's just rose tinted nostalgia glasses, but whatever.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By GaspoweR

@kishinfoulux: There are people there who I don't really care who came from 1UP as much as well but most of the people I really liked were with GFW anyways and a lot of it was because they were pretty funny. Jeff Green is pretty capable at being funny as well as be knowledgeable when it comes to games. I'm not saying he should be in GB though it'd be awesome if he did come in. I just don't get the "dislike" or negativity that some people have towards him that I'm finding here.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Budwyzer

- I would like to see the site do away with not doing Video Reviews.

- I would like to see more video reviews

- I would like to see me doing those video reviews. =D

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Jeff to go steal Dan Ryckert from Game Informer. Danny O'Dwyer too.

spykereightsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Fix the video player
  2. Release iOS/Android app that allows us to download videos for offline viewing
  3. More Encyclopedia Bombastica
  4. If in good taste, bring back TNT
  5. Hire Danny O'Dwyer
  6. More new/fun items available in the store
ASpaceSeaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@spykereightsix:

1. Apparently first thing on the agenda for Alexis. He's putting the Gamespot editor in Giantbomb. Currently working on making it work well with the long form content of Giantbomb.

2. Never going to happen. Giantbomb made an app before and the crew mentioned that it was a huge pain. They simply don't have the resources.

3. I totally agree with this. It seems like Jeff and Alex enjoy them quite a bit.

4. Probably won't happen. Everyone was sick of it by the time it died.

5. He enjoys his job at Gamespot. Won't happen.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

They really need to hire a new staff member, particularly one that can play off Jeff. Jeff Green's really the only guy I can think of that would be universally accepted unequivocally around here. Him or Brad Muir, Lol.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Add a new personality that can partially fill Ryan's position. Ryan was hugely important and don't expect someone to be him, but add a personality that fits. I would love to see Justin McElroy but probably won't happen but he would do a fine job of taking up the slack of being a GB face. If they don't at least higher a another video person so Vinny and Drew could be even more involved in the front and center of content. Was extremely sad from Dave leaving so.......bring him back, please?

An ER to introduce a new personality would be a great idea. I doubt it would happen but it is smart as the community loves those and it would allow us to get to know them better. That's how I was with Patrick, didn't like him at first and the ER allowed me to understand him more as a person and a gamer.

Bring back old(er) content (LoLS, Unplugged, RPCG) or just a new feature entirely of course. They will do this eventually.

I would like to see the return of TNT, wasn't the biggest fan but allowed another reason for the crew to get involved with the community.

Kinda would like a little more format to the UF, it feels like a I only care about a game or two every now and again and other than that, I find it boring.

Nubikal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Nubikal

A few functionality wishes:

• Previous/next videos in a series to be displayed on the video player page, preferably above the 'Popular Videos' section. Navigating between videos that don't have a dedicated giantbomb.com/videos/____ category page is clumsy as it is, and even then you're backing/tabbing out to another page to get the next episode. Taking this a step further would be playlists, but that sounds like a lot more work.
  • The option to filter out trailers on the videos page.
  • The ability to dismiss (via an X in the top right of that image?) featured/promo content on the homepage without having to click through in the same tab.
AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hire Carrie Gouskos. I don't care that she works at EA, just bring her here. I demand it. She knows the guys well and she's awesome in general.

Also the video player is not so hot.

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#134  Edited By aleryn

I'd like a better video player too, and the ability to watch subscriber videos somehow on mobile (phone/tablet.) Other then that, random game videos based on stuff the guys like is always great. Their enthusiasm and commentary for stuff they enjoy is why I come back. Audio only versions of videos would be cool too.

Other'n that, just glad they're keepin' on. Enjoyed the GOTY picks a lot. Oh oh and wanna see Bombin' the AM continue; it's a great addition that compliments the Bombcast well with news and goings-on.

omatictoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Random PC Games!

...and the ability to watch premium live streams on android phones.

refoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

more PATHFINDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, please, please :)

I got this gold membership for it!

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I want my money and I want it now!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New staff member could be great, but finding someone who'd be liked by most of the community would probably be a pretty tasking process.

...also, if one would be hired, let it be a guy. Don't have anything against women, but those creepyass comments in some of the ILM videos, for example, were probably some of the worst stuff I've seen on the site.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Dave back so bad, I miss him and his random pc game subscriber videos. Phantasmagoria is one of my favorite segments, and the only thing that comes close to it in entertainment value apart from the endurance runs, is the bioforge vids from last year.