any news on the giant bomb iphone app?

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By choffy21

I know recently it was rejected by Apple, most likely for crashing. Probably should be submitted this week and hopefully accepted by the end of the week.

velvetelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By velvetelvis

thanks for the reply.  hope it gets accepted soon.  the end of the week should be just in time for 3.0, maybe?

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By snide

It was rejected for bandwidth usage. We're working to slim up some of our vids, but it will likely take about a week to recompress.

Kin3tiK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Kin3tiK

Bandwidth usage?
Is there a limit on that sort of stuff? I guess it wouldn't matter a whole lot on wifi.

LuffyUzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By LuffyUzumaki

sweet

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

Glad to hear that it is on the way to approval, or at least in the process. The idea of an app for Giant Bomb has had me excited since I first heard of it.

AstroboyPWNs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AstroboyPWNs

I know this thread is about 2 months old, but do you guys have an update on the app? Do you know if there's a Cydia app for a jailbreak version of the iPhone? 

jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By jelekeloy
@AstroboyPWNs: *2 years. The app is no longer supported. If you want to browse the Whiskey sites with ease on your iPhone, you're gonna have to subscribe to get access to the mobile sites.
AstroboyPWNs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AstroboyPWNs

Is there a way to preview the mobile site? I don't want to spend money if I don't like the way it works. Maybe a two day trial or something?

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@AstroboyPWNs: It takes some time getting used too but it's very good, way better than the app.

Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Thor_Molecules

I love the mobile version of Giantbomb.

I just discovered it after subscribing last week and it's really, really good. Everything is perfectly readable, every video is accessible, all the features work perfectly, forums, messages, comments, everything.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Sooty

I always felt the iPhone app was pretty poor, it still needs updating quite badly. Fugly and lacking in features, I guess it's a way to entice subscribers by keeping the mobile site premium only.

I have a better phone now, though, and I can easily operate the full website smoothly and it's very readable so I don't really care for the mobile specific version anymore.

@jelekeloy said:

@AstroboyPWNs: *2 years. The app is no longer supported. If you want to browse the Whiskey sites with ease on your iPhone, you're gonna have to subscribe to get access to the mobile sites.

or an iPhone 4, browsing the full site was pretty shitty on my old iPhone 3GS due to the poor resolution and lack of flash support but on my new-ish Android it's a joy.

At least the 4 has the resolution bump, guess you're out of luck when it comes to playing videos.