Giant Bomb is part of Reddit gold?!

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By PurpleSpandex
No Caption Provided

cool but confusing Reddit Link

All you duders, saying things like "reddit people" or "oh no the reddits" Reddit has millions of unique users pretending they are all bad is ignorant and makes you look less than smart. <-- that was an edit.

Heres another edit, a lot of you are close minded jerks for assuming reddit is full of assholes, you'd be real surprised when you learn what the crossover is. Or that GB has a great subreddit over there and its filled with great people. I'm done, grow up, and be the internet Patrick hopes you can be. Because you sure as shit are letting everyone down as it is. I wish you were all smarter, today I learned that this community is full of people I don't like and that makes me sad.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't know what that means.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mercutio123
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

I love the way Rorie writes :D

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's unfortunate.

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PurpleSpandex

@mercutio123: @toowalrus: On reddit if someone makes a post that a user likes. They can gift that user with reddit gold for a small fee. Apparently there are perks for getting gold and GB is now one of them.

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erhard: Knee jerk and underinformed opinions?

Must be the internet.

Natedogg2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sweet. I got gifted reddit gold about a month ago that's about to expire, but I can still claim the code. Huzzah.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

Rorie doing business things.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We've been working on this for a while - in the end it's mostly intended to try and drive some new people to the site and premium. Let me know if you have any questions!

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PurpleSpandex

@rorie: I don't see how it couldn't work, reddit is huge and filled with nerds. Mentioning on the site somewhere that a postcard and reddit account can get people 2 months and discount might be beneficial.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I consider this community to be the antithesis of what reddit is, but I ain't gonna blame anyone for wanting to expand.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like a awesome way to promote the site.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

@narujoe93: I find it impossible to lump all of Reddit into "one type of person". I guess we're in different subreddits.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wow, that's pretty cool. Someone gave me reddit gold a few months ago and I found it completely useless... I don't know when they added those offers but that is a great idea.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Follow the money

Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

This is in no way a bad thing.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Considering how big reddits audience is this could be a really good thing for the guys getting more eyeballs on the site.

I know we are often pretty protective about the community usually because on the scale of other sites like IGN Giant bomb is small. But expanding the audience could be a very good thing. If CBSi sees them as a more valuable asset they could be allotted more funds for Jeff to do stupid things with like The RAID or traveling to PAX Australia. And really, who wouldn't want to see a Giant Bomb panel in Australia now?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Wonderful! It's always great to expand your fandom.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: there's an undeniable overarching vibe to that site that I just can't get behind. I realize its not all like that, but when I look at the 'front page' or popular corners of that site, its almost all bullshit

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gaff
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23  Edited By turboman

@narujoe93: you're probably right if you just take a look at the front page on Reddit, but there's a lot of really cool communities within Reddit.

(for example, the main Gaming subreddit is God Awful, while the more informative section Games is much better)

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaff: The difference is, I wasn't talking out of my ass and dismissing an entire websites user base. I was pointing out that post is a perfect example of what's wrong with the internet.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Some vile thing thought up the "the reddit people" I assume, which are all terrible.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Why is the Bomb looking up on that picture while the original is looking straight forward?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: I wont argue with that. I actually can appreciate the little corners of that site (I think the Fez subreddit is pretty cool). Just saying the overall atmosphere is at odds with the one here, but it also makes sense why they'd want to advertise there and have some crossover (because reddit is huge, and easy publicity). I dont hate reddit like some people do. Kind of apathetic towards it, to be honest.

buemba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does Reddit gold work exactly? If I sign up for a single month ($3.99) I'd get 2 free months of Premium Membership here (Worth $10.00)?

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By slyspider

Welp, I've got my bug out bag and going to my bomb shelter. Prepare for thousands of gifs and memes to flood the forums with random "I saw someone going to church so I laughed at them until they cried' threads.

Jokes aside I feel for the mods who have to deal with people who don't know the general rules of GB. And god help us if redpill guys get in here. God help us all.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you add it to the 4chan pass too

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ZolRoyce

A place as widely known on the internet as reddit will attract many groups of people, just because some people are jerks doesn't mean all people are, so if GB can get attention on reddit iandbring in some new fans from reddit who turn out to be cool duders, I think that is kind of awesome.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont know what the fuck reddit actually is so good for GB I guess? Or good for reddit? I dont know.

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PurpleSpandex

@jumbs: I can find stupid things people have said on any website with comments and do the same thing. You are a bad person for equating a few bad people to a whole user base. Expand your mind, by posting something as silly as that, you become what you claim to dislike about the internet. You are being willfully ignorant in order to "confirm" what you already "know". This isnt a defense of reddit, its a defense against ignorant people like you. What you are saying is all of X is like this because someone spent the time to highlight the worst of X. Thats pedantic and frankly an asinine way to look at the world.

LVL3Bard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys will seriously complain about ANYTHING

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By bacongames

It's a moot point. If anyone shitty comes to the site and decides to act shitty here, they'll have to deal with the consequences. If it does happen, I feel for the extra work on mods but if we gain a few great fans as a result then sure, why not.

@alexandersheen said:

Why is the Bomb looking up on that picture while the original is looking straight forward?

Whoa, what's that about?!?!?! I totally didn't catch that myself.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purplespandex: I have no problem with Reddit, as hard as it is to believe I've never actually visited the site, but I did get a laugh thinking your sentence was going to end like this, "All you duders, saying things like "reddit people" or "oh no the reddits" Reddit has millions of unique users pretending they are all bad."

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ShaggE

Oy... this again. Not all of Reddit is the front page subreddits. Like all things, you're going to have a greater number of assholes when you have a greater number of users. I have a perfectly pleasant experience over there with countless awesome people, because I know to avoid the front page and the subs catered to douchebaggery.

We get assholes here, too.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@bacongames said:
@alexandersheen said:

Whoa, what's that about?!?!?! I totally didn't catch that myself.

If I'm remembering correctly, and my memory is garbage, that is a pretty old version of the site logo.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By bacongames
@siroptimusprime said:

If I'm remembering correctly, and my memory is garbage, that is a pretty old version of the site logo.

Browsing back through this thread seems to show that the earliest site designs had the eyes straight ahead. The plot thickens...

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Why can't internet communities just get along? I've seen people on reddit going on about how Giant Bomb is a terrible community. I see people on here going on about how reddit's community is awful. Can't we all just agree that there are assholes in every community on the internet, and not zoom in and focus on them in one case, whilst ignoring them in another because it makes us feel better about where we choose to spend our time?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@jumbs: I can find stupid things people have said on any website with comments and do the same thing. You are a bad person for equating a few bad people to a whole user base. Expand your mind, by posting something as silly as that, you become what you claim to dislike about the internet. You are being willfully ignorant in order to "confirm" what you already "know". This isnt a defense of reddit, its a defense against ignorant people like you. What you are saying is all of X is like this because someone spent the time to highlight the worst of X. Thats pedantic and frankly an asinine way to look at the world.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Bent/gif2/mindpower.gif

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to be that guy, but I always get nervous that the GB community will get too big and turn toxic like all of the other more popular video game forums. I'm sure it'll be fine. I know more subs are good for the site. It's always just a thought in the back of my head. This is the only place I know that I can go to for intelligent video game discussion. Where I'm not called a fanboy for disagreeing with someone. We definitely shouldn't be like "eww, reddit people!" We aren't that snobby. The stuff that makes it to the front page is usually shit, but there are some awesome people and communities if you dig deep.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All you duders, saying things like "reddit people" or "oh no the reddits" Reddit has millions of unique users pretending they are all bad is ignorant and makes you look less than smart.

Great way to start a thread about reddit, create presumptions mixed with accusations. *Pause for applause*

Yeah I saw this on GAF and kinda feel the same way some of the folks felt over there. How about I don't sign up to reddit gold and the premium membership sale that was at $35 happens again with no store coupon (as thats kinda a loss for the Euro's when you include the shipping) and all the money goes towards GB instead of some going towards reddit (which I don't want to support at all).

NumberTenOx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvl3bard said:

You guys will seriously complain about ANYTHING

You’re looking for NeoGAF. It’s over that-a-way.

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PurpleSpandex

@theht: Do you have anything to say? I'll respond to you if you have a point.

@mattyftm: They can thats why I'm pushing back against the people here claiming reddit is only full of bad people. These people don't understand they are creating a problem by repeating broad statements.

@razielcuts: The thread didn't start that way, I saw a trend occurring and tried to get out ahead of it.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purplespandex said:

All you duders, saying things like "reddit people" or "oh no the reddits" Reddit has millions of unique users pretending they are all bad is ignorant and makes you look less than smart.

Great way to start a thread about reddit, create presumptions mixed with accusations. *Pause for applause*

Yeah I saw this on GAF and kinda feel the same way some of the folks felt over there. How about I don't sign up to reddit gold and the premium membership sale that was at $35 happens again with no store coupon (as thats kinda a loss for the Euro's when you include the shipping) and all the money goes towards GB instead of some going towards reddit (which I don't want to support at all).

It think it's pretty clear OP edited the post to include that.

As for your second paragraph: yeah, it's not for you. It's for people who browse Reddit that might be interested in Giant Bomb. You guys can be so fucking ridiculous.

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toowalrus said:

I'm way down here in the thread and I still don't know what that means...

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By development

@noblenerf said:
@mercutio123 said:

@toowalrus said:

I'm way down here in the thread and I still don't know what that means...

It's pretty simple, but I guess it's not intuitive when you're just linked directly to the page. Basically:

Reddit offers Reddit Gold, a monthly subscription that nets you a few nice (but totally unnecessary) site-based features (someone bought me a month of it for some reason and I don't think I used any of the features), but also has a number of "coupons" in the form of these "gold partners." Giant Bomb has a coupon with them, too. Anyone with access to Reddit Gold can use these "coupons."