#1 Edited by RJPelonia (840 posts) -

So I was just about to watch the trailer for the new Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 (Hehehe. I still think that's a funny name) trailer, when suddenly instead of the trailer, a video of Jeff beatboxing plays. I go, "Buh?" and try to click the video to pause it. That leads my browser to open up another window leading to this page of the site. As I watch the rest of the 30-something second video, the final moment seem to be promoting some sort of upcoming live event:

Whiskey Media: The Big Live Live Show: Live on September 9th, 10AM.

I keep trying to watch other stuff on the site, but the teaser/promotional video thingy won't appear again. Did anyone else see this thing or am I just going crazy?

[EDIT 2]
Here is the list of all promos thus far:

• Jeff showing us his talent
  • Jeff beatboxing
  • Drew licking his elbow
  • Ana and Joey rocking out
  • Ted reading Vinny's mind
  • Ryan juggling
  • Ryan taking his finger off
  • Alex drumming
  • Brad
  • Dave with pants
  • Will putting his foot behind his head
  • Tony reading a comic book with his eyes closed
  • Greg reciting the intro to Samurai Shodown II
It's almost time! Tune in this Thursday from 10AM PST all the way into the night for Whiskey Media's The Big Live Live Show: Live! Be there!
#2 Posted by gabha (351 posts) -

I came here searching for a thread on that, it surprised me too.

#3 Edited by punkxblaze (2878 posts) -

So are we finally getting GiantBomb's equivalent to On The Spot? Cause I would be super fucking psyched for that.

#4 Posted by Dany (7886 posts) -

Um, nothing this there

#5 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1522 posts) -

Duder! Just had this happen to me on the Star Wars The Old Republic space combat video, but instead of Jeff I got Drew licking his elbow, seriously. Also, I totally can't get it to show up again either >=O

#6 Posted by Doubt (329 posts) -

Variety show with elbow licking and shirtless daves!!!!!

#7 Posted by Peredur (32 posts) -

I saw one too, but it was of a dumbfounded man I didn't recognize with Vinny saying, "Whenever you're ready." It ended with a splash for the Giant Bomb: Big Live Live Show Live. I also was unable to make it pop up again.

#8 Edited by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

I just got it during the Diablo 3 related video, there was a dude playing a guitar and a chick wearing a portal 2 shirt with Vinny interrupting them though. Seems they made different videos.

#9 Edited by Teptom (2045 posts) -

I also got Drew licking his elbow.  

Dave did tweet that he dropped some mystery on here, so I guess that was it.

#10 Posted by Vorbis (2748 posts) -

As Dave Snider said on twitter.

About to drop some mystery onto @giantbomb. 

#11 Posted by zolloz89 (247 posts) -

maybe they'll get some guests for it. ideally rich gallup.

#12 Posted by Kentobi (68 posts) -

Dave tweeted about something 'mysterious' about an hour ago, and I'm sure this was it.  I saw it on the Lara Croft quick look, but of course, it won't play again.  Props to the WM guys; that's a really neat trick.

#13 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

From Dave's twitter:

"About to drop some mystery onto @ giantbomb."

I'm guessing this is it. Some viral ad thing. I'm curious to see what this amounts to. Exciting times.

#14 Posted by Falconer (1658 posts) -

I hope it's not a weekly show, cause that's early and half the user base probably has school/work (like me).

#15 Posted by T0mF5 (928 posts) -

This must be what Dave was talking about on his Twitter.

#16 Posted by Kurtdyoung (1289 posts) -

Woah, this is kinda cool and scary at the same time.

#17 Posted by HallwayGiant (108 posts) -

Yep just saw it, seems like theirs a few versions of the promo featuring various Whiskey Media folks too.

Good ol  photo evidence. :)
#18 Edited by AlwaysBeClothing (1423 posts) -

I wish it would show before more videos than one.  I want to see the others now.

If everyone can keep confirming their videos I can help people see more.

So Far I have Drew licking his elbow, Jeff's Talent, Jeff's bigger talent.
Please post if yours is different.

Jeff Robot

Drew has a clean tongue.
#19 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

Yeah, I just loaded up the first video I could and it popped up. Must play for each user one time only as soon as they watch their next video.

#20 Posted by FengShuiGod (1470 posts) -

What is this I don't even...

#21 Edited by Dany (7886 posts) -

10 AM Pacific, thats 12 local.Hopefully they archive those

#22 Posted by Kieran_Smith5 (128 posts) -

I got the Drew licking his elbow bit and thought it was hilarious.  Can't wait until the Ninth now.  This must be their mysterious announcment.   I clicked on the Lara Croft  quick look and was blown away that it was 30 seconds long. 
#23 Posted by FengShuiGod (1470 posts) -
@Dany said:
" 10 AM Pacific, thats 12 local.Hopefully they archive those "
I can't imagine they wouldn't be archived.
#24 Posted by Teptom (2045 posts) -

I go to college two days a week and that day is one of them. Damn.

#25 Posted by Matthew (1910 posts) -

Dude.  If this is what is a small sample of whats waiting for me beyond those subscription doors, I'll have to send a perfume laden letter to those boys along with a check for several million pennies.

#26 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2063 posts) -
@Progn0sticator said:
" Duder! Just had this happen to me on the Star Wars The Old Republic space combat video, but instead of Jeff I got Drew licking his elbow, seriously. Also, I totally can't get it to show up again either >=O "
 Just went looking for it to happen and on the first try I got this exact one.
#27 Posted by LutonHatter (323 posts) -
@Resident4t said:
" I just got it during the Diablo 3 related video, there was a dude playing a guitar and a chick wearing a portal 2 shirt with Vinny interrupting them though. Seems they made different videos. "
Just got that one, with Ana and (Sadly not sure who the fellow is) block jamming for a short bit. I think we all get to see only one each? Maybe one a day or something similar, we shall see.
#28 Posted by FengShuiGod (1470 posts) -
@Matthew said:
" Dude.  If this is what is a small sample of whats waiting for me beyond those subscription doors, I'll have to send a perfume laden letter to those boys along with a check for several million pennies. "
Nah, this won't be something you pay for.
#29 Edited by Doubt (329 posts) -

ruh oh? elbow licking good
#30 Posted by Vorbis (2748 posts) -

I got it again, was Ryan playing a banjo that time.

#31 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2063 posts) -
@FengShuiGod said:
" @Matthew said:
" Dude.  If this is what is a small sample of whats waiting for me beyond those subscription doors, I'll have to send a perfume laden letter to those boys along with a check for several million pennies. "
Nah, this won't be something you pay for. "

How do you know?
#32 Posted by Impossibilium (679 posts) -

Either this is a live weekly show - which is great (but should be done at the old On The Spot time) or it's one of those massive gaming parties in their haunted cellar bar similar to those that Gamespot used to throw (as in GameSpot After hours) when Midnight Brown performed.

Go, Go Vietnam!

#33 Posted by Kentobi (68 posts) -

Dave also said that the subscription service would launch in September, so maybe this is when they'll announce it?  Or maybe it'll be the first 'subscription-only' thing?

#34 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

That's the date when the Cloverfield monster attacks, right?

#35 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

Aww if only there was some way to see all of the "secret" videos!

#36 Posted by fresh2deafbill (803 posts) -

they won't get many viewers for this. airing it at 10am pacific time on a THURSDAY is a very strange choice. everyone will either be at work or school

#37 Posted by Gnome (137 posts) -

Just saw the Drew one while going through the P4 endurance run, so it doesnt seem to matter when the video was posted

#38 Edited by msavo (7522 posts) -

I just watched a trailer for DC universe online and I saw Drew licking his elbow... I'm so pumped!!! Also I hope they archive the shows, I love the live premise but sometimes I can't dedicate to a time.  

Also I hope this isn't subscription only. 

#39 Posted by Cyklone (24 posts) -

Can't wait for what I think will be a live show.  that is live. Also it looks like it'll be big. 

So how many different ones have people seen? One with Jeff, one with the two, one with drew, and one with dave? so...4?

#40 Edited by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

I was able to see a second one. I'm currently using firefox (which I saw the first on).  Here's how:

1. I logged out (probably not needed)
  2. Switched over to internet explorer whcih I don't use (or any other browser will work I presume) and went on GB.
  3. Didn't bother to sign in and loaded up a video.
  4. ???
  5. Profit!

...annnnd I just saw a third one (though it was the first one I saw with the guitar) using Chrome.
#41 Posted by JJWeatherman (14485 posts) -
@zolloz89 said:
" maybe they'll get some guests for it. ideally rich gallup. "
I cannot express enough how good of an idea this is kind sir.
#42 Posted by FengShuiGod (1470 posts) -
@Manhattan_Project said:
" @FengShuiGod said:
" @Matthew said:
How do you know? "
Common sense. When Dave and other Whiskey Staff have made it clear that they don't want to alienate non-subscribers by denying them important content, why would they then show a commercial for a live show to everyone, but then later announce that only subscribing members get to be part of the action? This will obviously be available to everyone on the site.
#43 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

10am is impossible for me, of course they are going to archive them but a later time would have been great :3 
So do you only get one of the secret videos? I haven't seen any other but the one with Anna (maybe?)  and the dude playing guitar(Sorry i don't know the name couldn't get a good look at him)

#44 Edited by Grissefar (2843 posts) -

Clear out your cookies to see them all :P

So far I have seen:

Drew Elbow
Chad Mindread
Ana Guitar
Jeff Beatbox
Jeff Drop Pants

#45 Edited by Tearhead (2104 posts) -

This is so exciting! This has to be an On The Spot kind of thing, right? Also since this is Giant Bomb I can only assume it won't be just about video games.

#46 Posted by JJWeatherman (14485 posts) -
@FengShuiGod said:
" @Manhattan_Project said:
" @FengShuiGod said:
" @Matthew said:
How do you know? "
Common sense. When Dave and other Whiskey Staff have made it clear that they don't want to alienate non-subscribers by denying them important content, why would they then show a commercial for a live show to everyone, but then later announce that only subscribing members get to be part of the action? This will obviously be available to everyone on the site. "
Agreed. I don't think this is the kind of thing they would work into the subscription model. I guess we'll have to wait and see though. Man this is exciting!
#47 Posted by RipTheVeins (1540 posts) -

I got one of Vinny (behind the camera) interviewing someone, who I haven't seen in any video from any of the other Whiskey sites. 

#48 Posted by Jadeskye (4359 posts) -

dude yes i'm way into this!

#49 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

Thinking about it, this must've been why Jeff and that have been exploring streaming technology.

#50 Posted by snide (2394 posts) -
@Vorbis said:
" I got it again, was Ryan playing a banjo that time. "
The banjo video is my favorite.