#1 Posted by takua108 (1478 posts) -

So I missed the live announcement of the Giant Bomb logo t-shirts, and didn't get around to checking the site until that video (whichever it was) mentioned it, after it was put up on the site. When I went to the store page, it says that Small, Medium, and Large sizes of it are "SOLD OUT" ...but then it says "Please note that we print our apparel by demand, so give us a couple weeks to get these printed and shipped out to you. Thanks!"

So... if the shirts are being printed by demand... how can they be sold out of the smaller sizes? Are they just not making them? Or am I missing something and they sold out incredibly quickly and now I'm screwed to ever get one?

I asked Jeff on Formspring and didn't get a reply, and then I asked through the Giant Bomb membership support thing, and haven't heard back there either... so maybe someone here knows? I don't really frequent the forums much, so I must've missed a billion other people asking this same question... right? Right?

#2 Posted by Baillie (4074 posts) -

The GB community is fat.

#3 Posted by takua108 (1478 posts) -

@Baillie said:

The GB community is fat.

Well apparently not, or else those would be the ones that're out :P

#4 Posted by YoThatLimp (1897 posts) -

@Baillie said:

The GB community is fat.

Your reasoning is sound AND logical.

#5 Posted by Baillie (4074 posts) -

Wait. Yeah... I kind of didn't put that together very well.

The GB community isn't fat.

#6 Posted by N7 (3580 posts) -

I don't know about you guys but I tend to have to buy my shirts at least two sizes too big because they shrink pretty badly when you wash them. I once bought a sweet T-shirt that was my exact size. Wore it to a concert, washed it, boom, it looks like it was made for a 4 year old.

#7 Posted by RecSpec (3799 posts) -

From what I've learned. If you want a shirt, you better buy it within a week after the launch. 

#8 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

Just cut and sew them to size. I remember having to do that a lot in High School because local bands only sold shirts in one or two sizes.

#9 Posted by alternate (2693 posts) -

They are printed on demand but in the sense that they offer them for a few weeks and then place an order. When they placed the order they likely ordered a number of extra XL shirts for stock - I suspect these are the biggest seller by a long way, I am not fat myself but always go for a more roomy Tee.

Likely they will be open to placing another order when they launch a new logo Tee.

#10 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@takua108 said:

@Baillie said:

The GB community is fat.

Well apparently not, or else those would be the ones that're out :P

Well the 2XL and 3XL are sold out as well...

#11 Posted by Chop (1996 posts) -

@N7 said:

I don't know about you guys but I tend to have to buy my shirts at least two sizes too big because they shrink pretty badly when you wash them. I once bought a sweet T-shirt that was my exact size. Wore it to a concert, washed it, boom, it looks like it was made for a 4 year old.

Two sizes big? How are you washing your clothes!?!

No, seriously, I'm curious. I use hot water and dry them on high heat. Supposedly that's how shit ends up all shrunk but I've never shrunk a shirt out of my size before.

#12 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

Kinda ridiculous that the normal logo shirt is already sold out within a week. It's the least niche shirt so you figure they would make more of those shirts, no?