Giant Bomb logo watermark in their videos. Horrible.

williamdeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By williamdeb

Guys take the watermark off your videos. its a crappy looking block 1/8th the size of the screen. i dont know if its now on all of them or just the resident evil 5 trailer. But that is horrible. im not a writer in the forums i just enjoy the site for its news and comedic twist. But when i saw that watermark i wanted to go to another site to download the video with out the huge ugly watermark on the screen. maybe a bit smaller and cut out the white border or ideally cut it out completely.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

Something must have happened to the transparency of the image. I've never seen GB videos use a white background like that in the logo, it's always been a transparent one. I agree, it is very distracting.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Willy105

It was just a small size mistake. It's their first time.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Dude

Did not notice till you said anything...now that's all I can see...damnit.

HashHeesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By HashHeesh

Yeah, the watermark is not that good...

Excuse my ignorance but why do sites/people, etc watermark images, videos and so on? Is it so that when it's embeded by another site, viewers know where the video/image originated from?

I suggest make it smaller. i have no problem with watermarks but the size of it on the Resident Evil 5 trailer is too big and intrusive.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Hamz
HashHeesh said:
"Yeah, the watermark is not that good...

Excuse my ignorance but why do sites/people, etc watermark images, videos and so on? Is it so that when it's embeded by another site, viewers know where the video/image originated from?

I suggest make it smaller. i have no problem with watermarks but the size of it on the Resident Evil 5 trailer is too big and intrusive."
Thats the biggest reason i would imagine.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf

Is it really that big of a deal?

HashHeesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HashHeesh

It may be a big deal I think since Giant Bomb is a relatively new site and wants to garner more viewers/hits to attract advertisers? The last advertisement  I saw on GB was the Gears of War 2 one; not exactly a streak record of advertising.

Hmmm... top left corner for a watermark may not be a wise choice (just throwing suggestions :S) because we naturally gaze our eyes to the top left. It's some layout design I learnt at school, plus it's because we read from the top left of a page to the right.

Maybe that's what GB wants us to do. Get the GB logo noticed as the first thing seen in the top left corner of each video. One thing is for sure: It's distracting.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By clarke0

It only appears on videos in the blog. It IS way too big and well... not transparent. They should definitely change that.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Lies

Giant Bomb only places logos on embedded players. If you want the watermark free video, navigate to the videos tab and watch it from there.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By jeff
Lies said:
"Giant Bomb only places logos on embedded players. If you want the watermark free video, navigate to the videos tab and watch it from there."
Yeah, what he said.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By wefwefasdf
Lies said:
"Giant Bomb only places logos on embedded players. If you want the watermark free video, navigate to the videos tab and watch it from there."
Lies! That was a lame attempt at humor. ;)

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#13  Edited By jeff

And just to be clear, that watermark is currently a bug. Not sure how that image got into the player. The mark isn't on the video itself, the player just puts it on whenever it's embedded. Normally it's smaller and more tasteful. That image is actually an old version of the logo that we decided not to use. So someone must have copied a file somewhere it doesn't belong.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By lordofultima

Yeah that's my bad.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OmegaPirate
lordofultima said:
"Yeah that's my bad."
And he wouldve got away for it if it wasnt for you pesky kids!!!!
Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Cirdain
xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By xplodedd
Jeff said:
"And just to be clear, that watermark is currently a bug. Not sure how that image got into the player. The mark isn't on the video itself, the player just puts it on whenever it's embedded. Normally it's smaller and more tasteful. That image is actually an old version of the logo that we decided not to use. So someone must have copied a file somewhere it doesn't belong."
ok sweet because i thought you guys were betraying us with all the copyright stuff
maxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By maxwell

fixed! (may require a refresh or 2)